“Consistent and Tasty” 5 of 5 bubbles

Edmond, Oklahoma
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Consistent and Tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

My favorite Mexican in Edmond. Food is always consistent and always tasty. Almost never a wait.

Visited March 2012

Oklahoma
“Service was horrible and restaurant was dirty”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband and I had purchased a Groupon for Alvarados. We live in the area but had not been there in a few years. The restaurant never looks that busy, but it is expensive to take a large family out to eat. Anyway, we went on a Wednesday evening with our children to eat dinner and we were sat right away. Upon seating us, I reached to pull the chair out from the table and stuck my hand in cheese sauce that was all over the top of the chair. The lighting is very dim, so I couldn't see the sauce that well. We asked to sit somewhere else. We were moved to a booth. The waitress brought us our drinks and spilled my water all over me. Me and my children were soaked. After that, the food was gross, and ther service bad. They gave us free soft drinks for soaking me, my son and the contents of my purse, but they should have removed more than $4 in drinks. We gave it another try a week later and again, the service was poor and the restaurant was dirty. There was no more than 5 tables occupied in the whole place, so being too busy was NOT the reason for it to be so gross. We won't be back.

• Visited September 2011
OKC
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2011

I can't agree with the other reviews. I thought it was poor mexican food. Didn't look good, didn't taste good. I will not be back.

• Visited May 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Enid, Oklahoma
“For Authentic Mexica Cuisine at a great price, Alvarado's has it all!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2011

Alvarados, located across the street from the University of Central Oklahoma is a long time favorite for our family. The owner is always on site, and has a wait staff that is second to none. The food is authentic Mexican, is served in generous amounts at a great price! I especially like the way the wait staff usually remembers their returning customers and greets them by name.....sometimes even remembering their favorite dishes and drinks! For a quality dining experience, Alvarado's is the place to go!

• Visited May 2011
Edmond, OK
“This place is great!! The chili relinos...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2010

This place is great!! The chili relinos are awesome, sevice is great and the apple brandy sopapillas are so worth saving room for!!!!

• 4 of 5 bubbles