“Good Kenyan and Ethiopean food, friendly, helpful owner”

Haiget's Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 322 Restaurants in Edmond
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 26, 2014

The restaurant serves both Kenyan and Ethiopian food. One owner is from Kenya; the other from Ethiopia. Both cuisines are good and well prepared from fresh ingredients. Service is friendly, attentive and the food comes reasonable fast considering that everything is prepared to order. The décor is pleasant. This is a restaurant that you can return to many times trying everything on the menu at least once.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I've never had Ethiopian food before, but I came to a lunch for one of my nursing school faculty. Since she frequents the restaurant quite a bit, she gave us lots of suggestions on what she liked and thought was good. The have both Ethiopian dishes and Kenyan dishes, I decided to go with Ethiopian. I chose a lunch platter. You get to pick what protein you want from beef, lamb, or chicken, and then you get to chose 2 sides that you'd like with it. I had avocado salad and mango salad, both were very good. I LOVED the avocado salad (think chunky guacamole...YUM). The mango salad was good, but a little spicy for me. The chicken itself was SO DELICIOUS. The spices and the flavor are just unbelievable. Each entree is served with Imjera, which is a wrap that is similar to a crepe in texture. The way that I was told by my instructor was that you use the imjera as your utensil to eat the food. Everything was so good! I am definitely planning on going back and bringing my husband so that he can try it too!

1  Thank rachelbutts
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I love this place, we come here twice or three times a week. Food is authentic and fresh. Service is wonderful. The whole family works here. I really love this place and highly recommend it.
Also the coffee ceremony is awesome, they roast the coffee beans right in front of you according to your choosing and then brew and serve the coffee. Serves up to 8 people for a low price. Very cool way to entertain friends family, business clients or your date.
I highly recommend this establishment.

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

There are reviews posted here for a Thai restaurant at this location going back to 2008. Haiget's just opened in 2013 and you will not find any of the issues described in the reviews of the aforementioned Thai restaurant.
Haiget's is completely remodeled with new furniture also. The menu features both Ethiopian and Kenyan entrees and side dishes. Everything is prepared fresh and to order. They even have 355ml Cokes made with cane sugar (no high fructose), just like in East Africa. Decor is simple, colorful and authentic. The staff are friendly and eager to make your meal a pleasant experience. And of course the food is awesome. When you are seated, you are served some maandazi's at your table to get you started. Whether you opt for Ethiopian or Kenyan, you will be pleased.

Reviewed February 20, 2008

I travel often on business around the country, and Thai is possibly my favorite. I take the opportunity to try as many restaurants as I can, and without a doubt this ranks with the best anywhere - who would think in the middle of Oklahoma! Don't let the strip mall appearance fool you. Nick - the owner, cook, waiter, table scrubber, and standup comedian is a joy. I have tried several items, all just delicious, but the curries are AMBROSIA! Try the panang curry, and if you're not a curry fan, try the pad thai or spicy basil. Good family atmosphere - immaculately clean, simple decor - but comfy, a wonderful escape from the chains. But bring cash, credit cards not accepted (although Nick will let you run to the ATM if you forget).

1  Thank Okie-poke

Been to Haiget's Restaurant? Share your experiences!