“Just Average But Definitely Filling”
Review of Nhinja Sushi & Wok

Nhinja Sushi & Wok
Ranked #147 of 313 Restaurants in Edmond
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Just Average But Definitely Filling”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

My 17 year old son and I have visited Nhinja twice now and both times we came away full but unimpressed. We have not yet ate the sushi yet so this is only a partial review. Both times we have sampled the Wok offerings. My son always goes for the shrimp fried rice and I have sample both the Tofu fried rice and the mongolian. We've also tried the Nhinja Poppers (shrimp) and spring rolls. The Nhinja Poppers are basically deep fried rice balls with a small sliver of shrimp in the middle that come with a spicy sauce for dipping. They are filling but not much taste. The spring rolls were terrible due to being overly greasy and they had pork that had the consistency of dry oat meal. Not good. The tofu in the tofu fried rice was the worst I've tasted in quite some time. Had the consistency of styrofoam and about the same amount of taste. This was strange to me because the tofu in the mongolian I had previously at Nhinja was very good. My son says the shrimp fried rice is decent but not on par with most Asian restaurants in Edmond and OKC. All in all I would say Nhinja is a good place to get a quick filling meal but don't expect fine cuisine.

• Visited April 2014

Saint Peter, Minnesota
“Good Sushi in a Fast-Upscale Niche”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

SUMMARY: Family friendly, fast, good value for good sushi

Nhinja Sushi is a family go-to place when we want to have a quick, healthy meal. There are definitely better sushi places in Edmond and OKC, but none have the combination of quality, price and speed that we can get here.

Service is always fast and courteous. I am always pleased to see a level of cleanliness and extra touches as well - small plates, chopsticks, multiple soy sauce options, small dipping bowls are available to nab any time.

In addition to the items listed on their menu, the Nhinja Sushi folks will custom-make items as well. Good stuff.

• Visited March 2014
Oklahoma City
“Excellent sushi in Edmond.”
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

We tried Nhinja Sushi & Wok in Edmond and will definitely be returning. All employees were very courteous, the service was exceptional, and the food was delicious. The restaurant was very clean. We had the Mandarin Orange Wok, Firefly Roll, Firecracker Roll, Geisha Roll, 911 Roll, JoJo Roll, and the Kobe Roll. All were excellent. The JoJo and the Kobe were something different but very good. Their miso soup is also very tasty. Definitely worth a try.

• Visited April 2013
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Below average Asian food in minimal surroundings”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Nhinja is an Asian fast-food place. You order at the counter and your food is brought to your table. Nhinja claims to use fresh, high-quality ingredients, but the food doesn't taste like it. The hot and sour soup was dreadful - a dark brown tasteless broth with not much in it. The main dishes we ordered tasted like food from a poor cafeteria. My wife and I both thought that our food contained a lot of MSG or a similar compound. Prices are modest but high for what you get. A typical McDonalds has better decor and more pleasing surrpundings. We were very disappointed.

• Visited March 2013
Oklahoma
“Great prices, great food and great hospitality!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My family and I went to Nhinja in Edmond this past Saturday. We were welcomed with outstanding hospitality. There were 7 of us in the party. They brought us lettuce wraps to try (free of charge). We ordered the sushi boat along with several other items each of which were very good. Nice, new and clean restaraunt. Loved it.

• Visited December 2012

Been to Nhinja Sushi & Wok? Share your experiences!