“Great Place To Stay”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Edmond
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Great Place To Stay”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

GREAT staff, very clean hotel, great location (next to the expressway), good hot breakfast, and would recommend this hotel to anyone! I was on a business trip traveling with some of my students (I am a professor at a university in Oklahoma). We loved the hotel and would plan to stay there again, if we are in the area again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Salina, Kansas
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We returned a second year to this Holiday Inn Express...the men in our group played golf at the local courses and the ladies in our group went shopping. Nice location for both activities. We are pleased with the breakfast offered each morning and think the cookies at the entrance each afternoon are a nice touch. Had trouble with our keys being de-activated (twice during a 3 day stay) but don't where to place the blame.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Metro OKC, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I actually pre-visited this hotel a few weeks prior to my stay based on the reviews on tripadvisor.com. I was concerned with the low ratings. My first visit was during the afternoon. I checked out a room (clean, no issues) and other than the halls needing to be vacuumed, did not see a problem.

We stayed here March 8th. Yes, the property is due to be renovated/upgraded, but aside from that - everything was clean and well-maintained. As others have mentioned, the shower heads are a little on the low side (I'm 5'9"), but that is resolved by pushing up the shower head itself.

I had a problem with some of the materials I was using for my presentation that evening and was about to panic. The front desk staff graciously allowed me to reprint the items I needed to their copier at no charge.

The breakfast was a little greasy for me, but about what I expect for a free breakfast.

All in all, it was a great experience. We came in after 11pm from our conference, and there were no problems at all with security or with noise. We never saw any bugs (looked for them) and everything was clean. It's not a 4-star hotel, so I didn't expect a 4-star hotel. Having said that, we experienced no issues, other than spotty internet service

Room Tip: The third floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Colleyville, Texas
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My 2 kids and I stayed for a couple of nights on a family trip. The staff was very nice. We had trouble both mornings with the pancake machine and the lady in charge (I could kick myself for not getting her name) was patient about massaging it into acting correctly. We also had trouble with our remote, so the staff changed out the remote and then the batteries, although it took a couple of trips to get it all done.
The pool, however, was not heated very well at all, which disappointed my kids. If we had been staying longer, I would have asked them to turn up the heat. Also, I wasn't aware that they had filled in the hot tub.
The beds were comfortable for us. The shower head was quite low though, right at my head height, so that I had to bend a little more to wash my hair. I am 5'7'.
The parking lot is well-lit, and it is easy to get in and out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Edmond, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear texasjulie1963,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. I would like to offer a sincere apology regarding our short commings. We will look into this point. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I booked a room at the HI Express in Edmond on-line, and received a confirmation by email. I had booked this particular hotel because of its location. Upon arrival at the hotel, I was told that there was a mistake and I didn't have a room, notwithstanding the confirmation. The hotel had arranged for me to have a room at another HI property that was over 12 miles away, even though there were several other hotels in the immediate vicinity. There was no manager on duty and, when the desk clerk got him on the phone, he was not sympathetic to my need to stay in that area, but rather wanted to convince me that I should take the hotel in Oklahoma City. Even though the hotel management was aware of the problem earlier, they did not bother to inform me until I arrived at 5:00 PM, at which time it was difficult to find another hotel in the immediate vicinity. The hotel manager was rude and argumentative on the phone, and I would not trust a confirmed reservation at a Holiday Inn property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank John N
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Edmond, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear John N,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Edmond.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We are staying at this hotel, thankfully only for one night. The beds are only slightly raised off of the floor. I am 5 foot 10 inches and could not comfortably swing my legs over the edge of the bed. The shower head is so low that when I went to wet my hair, I nailed it on the shower head... NAILED IT!!! The toilet paper wrapper said, "heavenly soft." Not so much... The breakfast was cold. The garbage can in the breakfast area was completely full, overflowing with garbage... We had to leave our dishes on the table. Overall, not a great place to stay. :(

• Stayed December 2012
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We booked this hotel while on the road and showed up 2 hours after booking (at midnight). We were welcomed by a gentleman with a big smile. We slept quick, and got up to some of the nicest staff. The breakfast was good and the pool was a nice tempurature.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family