“Excellent Food! Best Mexican in Edmond!”

Habaneros Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #180 of 313 Restaurants in Edmond
Cuisines: Mexican
“Excellent Food! Best Mexican in Edmond!”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Great Service Food was super delicious I ordered the chicken fajitas & my hubby ordered the pulled chicken tacos with the mexican potatoes & mixed veggies!

Oklahoma
“Good mexican”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Not sure why there are so many other negative reviews, today was the first time we had been to this restaurant, and the food was good. Nothing fancy, it was nice enough inside, not decorated quite as much as some other Mexican restaurants, but nice, clean, and our service was good, but it was also on a Sunday afternoon, so they should have been on top of it anyway. Food was good, not outstanding, but I would go back. And $2-3 cheaper than some of the other popular places nearby.

Oklahoma
“Lost their touch in the move.”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

The resturant recently moved from an old location to a new one. The building is nice and the decor is good, but the food and service - not so much. We were greeted and sat quickly. However, our server was inconvenienced by our presence. He was more involved in flirting with the other teen servers than doing his job. The menu was limited and the prices were high, we would have been better off at taco bell. And next time, we will go there. This was a resturant that we LOVED at one time, but this one visit was enough that we probably won't go back. Sad.

Edmond, Oklahoma
“Food Poisoning”
Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

Used to eat here all the time ! But about 2 months ago we found out our neighbor got Food Poisoning after eating there! We will Never eat there again!

Edmond, Oklahoma
“Two very different experiences-Good and Horrible”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

My family and I have visited Habanero's twice since March. The first time we went we had the veggie quesadilla and a burrito with a side of black beans. Everything we had, especially the salsa and black beans, was very tasty. The black beans were perhaps the best I've had at a restaurant. The second time we went to Habanero's everything, and I mean everything, was either tasteless or downright vile. I ordered the fish tacos the second time around and was greeted by a concoction that was nearly vomit-inducing. The fish smelled "off" and after one bite I put it down and was unable to continue with my meal. My girlfriend's veggie quesadilla was cold and swimming in grease and her side of black beans (previously the best we have had at a restaurant) tasted like they had drained a can of black beans, washed them, and thrown them in a bowl. When the waitress noticed we had not eaten very much of our food she alerted the manager and he came to our table to inquire about our meal. We explained our surprise at the awful taste of the food and he was very apologetic and comped our meal. He pleaded with us to come back another day and give them a second chance. It was very good customer service by a genuinely remorseful professional. Kudos to the manager Lance. We have yet to go back but we probably will in the near future just to find out which was the true Habanero's.

• Visited April 2012

Been to Habaneros Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!