“Best Catfish I Ever Had!”

Steak & Catfish Barn
Ranked #131 of 322 Restaurants in Edmond
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This place has the best "fresh catfish" you will ever eat. I had the lunch special that included 4 pieces of catfish with 2 hushpuppies, and your choice of 2 sides. You will not leave hungry. The lunch special was less than $9.00. I can tell the owners Dino and Maria obviously care about the quality of food, as I spotted both of them actually working there that day. Homemade tartar sauce was very good also. The wait staff was very friendly and attended to our needs. I will definitely return and anxious to try the tomato relish.

1  Thank OKCOWBOYG

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Had the catfish it was not very good came out dark brown and tough not crispy and golden like catfish should be. The only thing worse was the service was horrible will not waste my time again!!!!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Saw this place on my trip north via I-35, had it on my list to hit on my way back. I was not disappointed. Don't let the outside appearance influence you - if you want to go to Ruth's Chris Steak House, then do so and stop complaining about places like this on TA. This is not fine dining, and it's not meant to be. The servers were immediately attentive, and I had one of the coldest beers I've ever had the pleasure of holding in front of me in moments. Full of kitchy Elvis memoribilia, there was plenty to keep my eyeballs entertained during my short wait for dinner. It did not disappoint. Ribeye, corn, and deep fried okra. I've had more than my fair share of ribeye steaks, and this one is up in the top 3. Had to wash it down with another one of those ice cold beers, and walked out with my own bottle of BobbyQue 3am BBQ Sauce. Satisfied. Well done, Barn.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Tried this place for the first time and loved it. I had the catfish dinner with hushpuppies. It was great. It was a Saturday night, place was pretty busy but we didn't have to wait to be seated. Got in and seated right away. The service was great and the staff was lovely and friendly. Our food came out pretty quick.The atmosphere of the place was great as well. Definitely will go back.

1  Thank JDJOKC
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Not really very impressed. Chicken fried steak was skimpy on meat. 50% of the breading had no meat inside. Catfish tasted muddy - as it had on a previous trip. on the positive side, the beans were very good. Convenient for a quick stop off of I-35. We will look for something different next time.