“menu has changed a bit, but good”

Zarate's Latin Mexican Grill
Ranked #3 of 317 Restaurants in Edmond
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Edmond
“menu has changed a bit, but good”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The restaurant was busy - I think about a 30 minute wait - used to be able to get seated fairly quickly. Food was good - our daughter is vegetarian, and was able to order off the lunch menu. I had the banana leaf wrapped tamales - interesting, good. Everyone was happy with their choices.

• Visited January 2013

• Korean first
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Zarate's”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

One of my favorite places to eat in Edmond or OKC. Family owned. Owners are usually there. They love what they do and it shows. The food is superb. Took my family from California to eat there and they loved the food and the atmosphere. Go and enjoy! Might see me there.

• Visited January 2013
Lawrence, Kansas
“Yum!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Such a good place! We had vegetarians, gluten sensitive folks, kids--and all we treated so well and accommodated perfectly. I loved the sincronizada. Salsas were delicious. I will absolutely go back during my next visit.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Best place in town.”
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Zarates is absolutely the best Latin and Mexican food in Edmond/North OKC. The bar serves great drinks. And the chips and salsa are excellent. The fajita chimichanga is my personal favorite.

Texas
“Great Family Peruvian/Mexican Joint”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband go to this casual restaurant about even 6 to 8 weeks and sometimes with our son and friends. They have great foods that aren't all about Mexican. They did recently change their menu and took some of the Peruvian favorites, but there is still a nice selection. This restaurant is clean, efficient and kid friendly. All age groups seem to dine here and everyone has a satisfied look on their faces. We real like this place. Nothing fancy, just good food and service at reasonable prices. I wouldn't go here for a special occasion. At times there is a combo playing music and everyone seems to enjoy listening and eating and visiting.

• Visited December 2012