“Not the top of the list”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Edmond
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Edmond
Berkeley, California
“Not the top of the list”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I usually stay at various Hilton properties because for the most part, they are reliable with the occasional blooper. And they have the things I want so I was very unhappy to arrive late at the Edmond Hilton and find that there was no room even though I had a guaranteed reservation. The night staff quickly got me into the Comfort Suites next door. The young man at the desk could not have been more helpful and the lobby was attractive and clean.

The good thing is that it is in a safe area and very secure for those who require this criteria.

However, everything was a step down from the usual Hampton Inn standards. It was okay, no real big complaints, it just wasn't quite up to par. The breakfast was poor without healthy choices so I didn't even bother. The lower price may be attractive to some as it is definitely good value but it's not worth it to me.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Collierville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We checked in and the lobby had mud, dirt and what looked like blood on the floor. The elevator was filthy with sunflower seeds and dirt all over the carpet. The carpets, baseboards, walls are filthy and dirty. When we got to our floor it had a horrible smell and there was hair all over the mattress pad. I went down to change rooms and I started to tell the girl at the front desk about the smell on the second floor, she interrupted me and said "Oh yes the skunk smell? Sorry we were trying to fix that." WHAT? She did move us to the third floor but it still feels dirty. The sink was streaked, stains on mattress pad, just yuck. Breakfast was basic and juice machine was out of order. Coffee wasn't bad so that was nice. Would never stay here again. Sweet staff but unfortunately they work at a dirty hotel.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Edmond hotels

Eagle River, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights while in Edmond area. Property is new and well maintained. I found the staff helpful and friendly.
The rooms are large and comfortable. There is a morning breakfast that is prnetty much the same as many other motels but I like starting my day with a breakfast without leaving property. They also have a breakfast bag for those who hit the road before the kitchen opens. I will stay here again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hurst, Texas
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The only thing going for this hotel was it was clean. Once we got up to the room it was sort of small and cramped, the pull out bed that our daugther was going to sleep on had no bedding on it nor was it even in the room. I first tried calling down to the desk but no never picked up. So my husband went down and got a set of sheets and we made up the bed ourselves. The extra blanket that was in the closet had a big ol hair on it which made me question if it was even washed from the last time it was used. They did not even have actual pillows to sleep on they were the size of a decorative pillow that you would see on a couch. The pool downstairs was broken (one of the reasons we stayed was a heated pool, so we had a disappointed toddler.) The breakfast was cheap and not of any kind of quality. For the price we paid I expected a bit more but really over all it was okay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kansas
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed with two grandchildren last week. When opening the sofa bed, it was filled with crumbs and linens needed to be placed on the bed. Breaksfast was typical, except that the hot water dispenser was lukewarm water. It was 8:30 am when we ate.
Check-in staff pleasant. Overall housekeeping 7 on a scale of 1-10.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed at the Edmond Comfort Suites in December. When we arrived the desk clerk, Brooke, was especially friendly and patient with our questions. When we got into our room there was a fairly significant housekeeping issue. They were busy but Brooke went out of her way to take care of everything to resolve the problem and make sure we were comfortable. The facility itself is very nice and the employees with whom we had contact were great. We would defintely choose to stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
El Paso, TX
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Spent 2 nights while waiting to move into my apartment. Room was very clean, quiet, and updated. Breakfast rolls were dry/stale, and food wasn't replenished quickly enough when emptied...seemed the staff preferred to talk amongst themselves rather than keep up with the breakfast traffic. They cleared out very quickly at 9 am as well.

Very nice stay for the price though.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple