“Do not stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Edmond
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Edmond
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I just stayed at this hotel. I was looking for a decent and clean hotel. I walked into my room the first day. There was still coffee in the pot. A towel on the floor. I did not say anything...shame on me. The next day when I returned to my room it had not been cleaned. I called the front and reported it. They did ask if they could send anyone up to clean but just what do you need? Towels, coffee etc...

They would not adjust my bill. I know why the breakfast was free...better to pay for it.

The bottom line is no customer service, no management and they lost a customer.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Edmond

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Stayed here because my usual motel in okc was sold out. Excellent room, and very nice staff!
They took care of me, and breakfast was delicious. I had breakfast withing the time posted, and i followed the rules. Some people get mad when breakfast ends at 9am.. Wow, they must have issues. I love comfort suites, and I recommend this location to travelers near and around edmond! Newer motel too.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We were greated by a friendly young lady after a long day of traveling from Omaha. It was so nice to have that smile and warmth from her. Nice room, good breakfast. We were impressed by the "Grab and Go" bag of treats as you check out. Nice little touches made it a good stay
Texas bound ladies!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I thought the hotel was clean until I pulled back the bedspreads. The sheets on both beds were filthy. One had hair and the other had food. I called the front desk and received an apology but no offer to move to anothe room. I called back and requested to move. The desk clerk checked out the beds in the second room. The sheets were clean but both bedspreads were heavily stained and dirty. The door stop had been replaced but the debris/powder form the repair wasnt cleaned up. The elevator floor was filthy.
The hotel did reimburse the charges.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ronilynn777
Reviewed May 31, 2012

This was one of the worst hotels I'be been to, its clean on the surface, but that's about it housekeeping is mediocre at best, and the young girl at the front desk in the mornings is very, very rude and knows nothing about nothing, very useless to have a front desk clerk who can't help with anything everything they promise on the website is not at this hotel, the breakfast is ok, but they are always out of something, really gets annoying after a while and we were stuck there for a while

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank shatay324
Reviewed May 11, 2012

This is a nicely appointed hotel, nicely laid out and well maintained. Upon entering the lobby of the hotel, I was impressed with how clean and orderly it was, and there was a fresh, clean fragrance in the air. The room I was in was a king suite with a large bathroom. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean and the bathroom was HUGE and clean.

The breakfast area was roomy and had plenty of seating. The breakfast bar was well stocked and maintained. The coffee was brewed, hot and maintained in well insulated carafes. The breakfast selection included a malted waffle station, eggs, bacon, biscuits, fresh fruit, English muffins, fresh bread, cereal and a choice of whole or less than whole milk. The lady in charge was constantly checking to ensure that there were sufficent quantities of food and beverage as well as constant wiping of all surfaces to ensure that the room was clean and that guests had a pleasant experience. In addition, she was pleasant to talk to but she never strayed from doing her job. She seemed to take pride in not just doing her job, but doing the best job she could.

All hotel staff members I encountered were very friendly and attentive to requests and tried to make this a very positive experience. In addition, pricing of the room was a great value for the accomodations and atmosphere. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank yyyy1s
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Nice hotel. Easy access from interstate. Gas station close. Nice hot breakfast.
Only issues were service issues - employees at most Comfort Suites we stay at are dressed in "logo'd" apparel. Kid at check-in was in a plaid shirt and inattentive.
Always try to stay at Choice hotels first. Based upon point level, always ask for complementary upgrade. Kid at check-in seemed to be quicker to check us in than to listen, after asking for the upgrade, he tried to call someone, then spent the next couple of minutes staring at the computer... When I asked what the issue was, he told me that we could not get a free room - I explained I did not request a free room, but an upgrade if available. Very disappointing experience. Young lady at check-out was more interested in her cell phone than servicing guests.
Hampton Inn and two other hotels are all in the immediate area, I would probably try one of the others next time.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business