“Great Place”

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Edmond
texas
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2010

We were traveling throug Oklahoma City on our trip and stayed at the Economy Inn. This hotel is very nice. The staff was polite and courtious, rooms were very spacious and clean. They also had a continental breakfast, which you dont expect from an independent hotel, but it was very nicee. If I was to pass through Oklahoma City again, I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2010

We recently stayed at this hotel after the hailstorm until we could replace the windows in our house. I had no complaints with anything. The service was fine, the rooms were clean and it was an excellent value for the money. The breakfast was milk, juice, cereal, muffins and coffee. Not a bad deal considering the price of the rooms--some other places charge more and do not give any breakfast at all.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank karenelaine75
texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2010

Very good for the price. the interne working fast and The management was quite involved and responsive staff was very friendly and helpful,room was very clean and carpet freshly steam.the room was inside was very thinking new,the manger was nice and we would definitely come here again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
verrroom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2010

This was the absolute worst experience I have ever had with a hotel. I am a frequent user of online booking services and am very familiar to check-in protocol. The hotel staff was... not. Upon arrival I was greeted by a rude, incompetent receptionist. I tried to play her attitude off as confusion since she barely spoke any English. She did not even know whether or not I had a reservation, and just haphazardly checked me in and sent me to my room. I was called back to the office ten minutes later by the manager and told that the room was not paid for. Interesting, because the website said it was prepaid. I tried to explain this to him, but he countered with a long confusing schpeal about commissions and a change of service... blah blah blah. I complied with him because I was in a hurry and figured I'd sort things out with cheaptickets later if I was double charged. I was in fact, double charged. When I called back to tell him this, he once again claimed that he had done everything right and that my bank statement was my own problem. He would not listen to any of my explanations and just kept saying to me "I did everything right, I did everything right." I accused him of being very rude with me at this point, and he started getting extremely defensive. Once again, not listening to a word I have to say and just cutting me off every time I tried to talk. I finally ended up getting so frustrated that I had to raise my voice at him. When this happened, he countered the same way and ended up screaming at me on the phone and hanging up on me. Never ever EVER have I been treated with this kind of rudeness from anyone in customer service. His reason for not refunding me? Because he had closed down the transactions from December 31st, and that refunding me now would cost him more money. Oh. Boohoo.

Seriously, if I had not been treated this rudely by the staff, the stay wouldn't be half bad. It is a typical two star hotel. The rooms aren't extremely dirty, but the bedsheets are numbered by rooms. EW. The wi-fi was password protected, fine. But when I called to ask for the password the ill-mannered receptionist just barked "economy9 economy9" into the phone and hung up on me. I called back when the password didn't work, and the manager (same one who yelled at me on the phone) made some empty promise of repair with no prevail. The "continental breakfast" is basically milk and cereal.

If you're looking to stay a night and think you will have absolutely minimal interaction with the staff, go for it. It's cheap and the beds aren't bad. However, I will tell you that the EconoLodge and Motel 8 are right next door. They're about the same price when you book through cheaptickets and probably have a more understanding staff.

ZERO STARS. Never again.

• Liked — cheap
  • Disliked — staff
  • Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2009

The room is spacious with internet access, fridge and microwave. Don't expect any toiletries except soap. We had our own shampoo and conditioner. Price was right. Rooms are clean. Beds are soft but pillows are a little flat. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edmond
Super 8 Oklahoma/Frontier City
Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma City North
Holiday Inn Express Oklahoma Cit...
#41 of 148 in Oklahoma City
#34 of 148 in Oklahoma City
Baymont Inn & Suites Oklahoma City Edmond
Baymont Inn & Suites Oklahoma Ci...
#91 of 148 in Oklahoma City
#9 of 13 in Edmond
Hampton Inn Oklahoma City Northeast
Hampton Inn Oklahoma City Northe...
#17 of 148 in Oklahoma City

Been to Economy Inn North Oklahoma City? Share your experiences!