“NASTY, STINKY, HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!”

Economy Inn North Oklahoma City
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Edmond
Reviewed May 22, 2012

BEWARE!! These people are nasty. Place was so dirty, poop smeared on bathroom wall. Tub painted and peeling. Bed dirty with black stuff..Dust all over everything.Floors not clean and have photo's to prove it. Needed to take shower after being in that room. Felt so dirty and smelly. Even looked at another room just as bad. The man who took us to look at the other room kept telling us that even the White House was dirty too.(Quoting what he told us.) He stated that I was just to picky.. I told him I was not sleeping in someone else dirt and filth. Plus they ruined some of the time spent with my nephew and his graduation. Booked through PRICELINE. Neither the motel or PRICELINE would refund our money. We did not stay there. Went to DAYS INN.. Would recommend staying there. Good breakfast and clean rooms, friendly staff..I could not even rate the motel. That's how bad it was..:(

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Kim361
There are newer reviews for Economy Inn North Oklahoma City

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Traveler beware. I would not wish this experience on anyone. The room was dirty with sticky table tops, dead bugs, and cigarette burns in the sheets. The plumbing and fridge were really loud, but unplugging the fridge made it possible to sleep. The wi-fi was really good and our room had a big jacuzzi and a fake plant with dust.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed May 11, 2011

We got a good night's sleep. The staff was friendly. Breakfast was decent. What more can you ask for - and a good value

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2011

me and my crew stayed there for a job and we finished up the work early and paid for three rooms in advance when we went to the mananger t retrieve the money for three niights we did not stay comes to a total of around $600 which they will not return they said they would issue credits but we payed in cash we wrk out of town may never return to okc for a period of time so the money we spent is on hold. the owner of the company called t speak to the mananger the manager would not talk to him at first so we called again and finaly talked to the manager which was highly unprofessional would not even give his bosses number and hung up the phone my company will never use economy inn ever again

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank khart27
Reviewed October 24, 2010

My personal experiences with an accommodation.

Room is nice size,bigger then most..can park vehicle right at the room door.like that.
but need more vacuum ..
and bed sheets where not changed.

But I maybe will stay there again.just make check room & bed before

Take a room away from highway, will sleep better

It is my opinion of this hotel

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 28, 2010

We recently stayed at this hotel after the hailstorm until we could replace the windows in our house. I had no complaints with anything. The service was fine, the rooms were clean and it was an excellent value for the money. The breakfast was milk, juice, cereal, muffins and coffee. Not a bad deal considering the price of the rooms--some other places charge more and do not give any breakfast at all.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank karenelaine75
Reviewed January 2, 2010

This was the absolute worst experience I have ever had with a hotel. I am a frequent user of online booking services and am very familiar to check-in protocol. The hotel staff was... not. Upon arrival I was greeted by a rude, incompetent receptionist. I tried to play her attitude off as confusion since she barely spoke any English. She did not even know whether or not I had a reservation, and just haphazardly checked me in and sent me to my room. I was called back to the office ten minutes later by the manager and told that the room was not paid for. Interesting, because the website said it was prepaid. I tried to explain this to him, but he countered with a long confusing schpeal about commissions and a change of service... blah blah blah. I complied with him because I was in a hurry and figured I'd sort things out with cheaptickets later if I was double charged. I was in fact, double charged. When I called back to tell him this, he once again claimed that he had done everything right and that my bank statement was my own problem. He would not listen to any of my explanations and just kept saying to me "I did everything right, I did everything right." I accused him of being very rude with me at this point, and he started getting extremely defensive. Once again, not listening to a word I have to say and just cutting me off every time I tried to talk. I finally ended up getting so frustrated that I had to raise my voice at him. When this happened, he countered the same way and ended up screaming at me on the phone and hanging up on me. Never ever EVER have I been treated with this kind of rudeness from anyone in customer service. His reason for not refunding me? Because he had closed down the transactions from December 31st, and that refunding me now would cost him more money. Oh. Boohoo.

Seriously, if I had not been treated this rudely by the staff, the stay wouldn't be half bad. It is a typical two star hotel. The rooms aren't extremely dirty, but the bedsheets are numbered by rooms. EW. The wi-fi was password protected, fine. But when I called to ask for the password the ill-mannered receptionist just barked "economy9 economy9" into the phone and hung up on me. I called back when the password didn't work, and the manager (same one who yelled at me on the phone) made some empty promise of repair with no prevail. The "continental breakfast" is basically milk and cereal.

If you're looking to stay a night and think you will have absolutely minimal interaction with the staff, go for it. It's cheap and the beds aren't bad. However, I will tell you that the EconoLodge and Motel 8 are right next door. They're about the same price when you book through cheaptickets and probably have a more understanding staff.

ZERO STARS. Never again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)