“Convenient Location and Better than Guthrie”

Hampton Inn Oklahoma City/Edmond
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Edmond
Colorado
“Convenient Location and Better than Guthrie”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I had some business to attend to in Guthrie Oklahoma and found that the Sleep Inn wished to charge me for two nights, had jacked their rates up to $120 a night, and was not willing to negotiate. So I did a little web search and found this Hampton Inn. It was convenient to Guthrie, Oklahoma City and the airport. It was clean, located conveniently near the highway, but did not have heavy traffic sound. The staff was more than professional. The airlines had lost my luggage, I had to rush off to take care of some business. The staff took in my bag, called me when it arrived and put it up in my room for me. Gave me a bottle of water when they first saw me when I looked haggard from losing my luggage...just great and polite.

The hotel was clean and well kept. Good strong Wi-Fi signal as well.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Prosper, Texas
Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

When using the fold out couch in our room for a children we noticed there were no pillows for the bed. There were only 2 on our bed. When we asked the front desk for pillows I was told they had none in a rude and unprofessional manner. When I asked him his name he refused to tell me. What kind of customer service is that???? There are numerous hotels on the same street. Stay at any others!! By the way I am a loyal Hilton Honors member that will never stay at another Hampton Inn!!

• Stayed April 2012
Antonito, Colorado
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I have stayed in this area before, just not at this Hampton. Since I'm building my HHonors points and I've stayed at several Hampton's lately I decided to try this one. One review said it was "old and tired". While it doesn't LOOK that way on the exterior or even at first glance in the room, I would have to agree. In a nutshell,here are my issues with this hotel:

1. Our a/c unit was incredibly loud, not just like a "rattle" but just the way it is all the time. To listen to the TV we had to really turn up the volume and as soon as the unit would kick off, we had to quickly turn down the volume.

2. Mattress needs to be replaced. Since I've stayed in several Hampton Inns recently I know how comfortable their bed can be, this was NOT. It seemed to sink in the middle. If I slept close to my husband I would roll on "in" to him (and he is not a real heavy man).

3. The ice machine on the 3rd floor needs cleaning or a re-do! Every night I have to have my ice water next to bed. The first morning I woke to find something black floating in my cup. I thought it was a bug but was not, so then I chalked it up to something I must have gotten in it.
The next night & morning, the same thing happened (new batch of ice). The 3rd night I had a cup with a lid from a drink I had gotten earlier in the day. The 3rd morning when I opened the lid , there was more black "somethings" floating in the water. Uugghhh. The last morning we were there, the same thing happened again.

4. The Refrigerator and Microwave is always great to have in your room, particularly when you are staying several days, This refrigerator worked "o-k" but needed to be defrosted and the first night the door didn't shut properly because of that.

5. The last complaint; my husband and I were gone all day visiting our grandchildren and when we arrived back that evening, around 9:00 pm our door was propped open with the additional metal bar that you use once in the room. We checked over the room completely since we had left 2 computers and my jewelry in the room. Fortunately, nothing was missing. I called the front desk and he was apologetic and said he would make sure the housekeeping knew. He seemed genuinely concerned that we make sure nothing was missing. Our floor had honest people, thank God! While preparing for bed I realized we didn't have new bars of soap and a washcloth was missing so I'm sure Housekeeping intended to come back to stock those few items but my suggestion is go ahead and lock the door anyway OR a supervisor needs to be following behind to make sure NO DOORS are left unlocked and propped open for any length of time.

I apologize for such a long review but when I'm checking TripAdvisor these are the types of things I'm looking for so I appreciate when others are detailed also. I will think twice before booking here again unless I find out they have COMPLETELY renovated a/c units, ice makers, and mattresses!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Grannydee57
Oklahoma
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I recently spent 2 nights in this Hampton. The hotel itself was okay, the staff was okay, nothing outstanding good or bad. However, I went to my car on Sunday morning and my car had been broken into. The side glass had been broken and my briefcase, travel bag, ipad and a camera were stolen. I went inside to report the incident and they "already knew about it". The girl said she was going to let me know, but hadn't had a chance yet. She was helpful enough to look up the number for the police station though. This hotel has no security cameras overlooking their parking lot. I hope they will be a little more concerned about their guests and install better security in the future! This ended up being a pretty expensive weekend....with little to no concern from the hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank KimmieJo49
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I stayed here on Sunday Febr 5, 2012 for one night. I paid $102.58 including all taxes for a nice first floor king room with a sofa, microwave, fridge and TV. Everything was clean and well maintained in this older property.
My only complaints: Shower head was about seven feet up, makes it hard to adjust the multi-spray head. And NO WEATHER CHANNEL on the cable TV. That's a big failing for a roadside hotel on the great plains in mid winter. The desk manager blamed Cox cable.
Good hot breakfast with scrambled eggs, sausage gravy, and sliced Polish sausage plus the usual sugary cereals, pastries, and other high-carb stuff.

Room Tip: If it matters to you, (like it does to me...) ask if the cable TV gets The Weather Channel.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Onree
SUN CITY WEST, AZ
Reviewed November 4, 2011

This is an awesome place to stay. We just spent the last five nights and could not ask for a nicer, friendlier place...they make you feel like family - truly. The hot breakfast items are so good and everyday had something different; the lady in charge begins her day at 5AM and does a fantastic job. The basket of freshly baked cookies greeting you and the smiles on everyone's faces was priceless. Always accommodating for whatever your needs. Explanation of the title of this review is the deer in the woods...we saw at breakfast time, out of the window in the background near the woods...not something we see every day being from Phoenix area, AZ. However, I am an OK native and I leave with a frown because I miss the state and the friendly people. Attended my 50th class reunion as a 1961 graduate from Putnam City High School..memorable trip I'll cherish and visiting my 91 year old step-Dad in Edmond for a few days.

Room Tip: You will not be dissapppointed with this hotel.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Marble Falls, Texas
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Stay here, you won't regret it. This was the 6th Hampton we stayed in on our trip and I would rate it pretty high compared to the others.

Nice people, nice facility, good access from interstate, clean room, nice pool, lots of restaurants close by.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family