“Would stay again”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Durant
Cleveland, Texas
“Would stay again”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

This was a quick overnight stay for a concert at the casino. The rooms were clean, the beds a tad firm for my liking, double bonus though was a lot of pillows!!! It was comfortable to say the least. It had free breakfast however, I wished it ran a tad later into the morning. This is a casino you know! To bed late, up late. It has been recently renovated, so it's still pleasant on the eyes as far as color and such. Our toilet seat was cracked which was odd, didn't really care, it's a just saying thing.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Richardson, Texas
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Choctaw Lodge has a very exceptional and professional staff to assist their guests. Krystylyne Bogart, Kyle Brown (general manager), Andy and Tony were very helpful and friendly! We wanted to extend our thanks and appreciation to all of you and look forward to seeing you in the near future. The Whatleys

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John W
durant ok
Reviewed April 3, 2014

The Choctaw Lodge is not quite as ellegant as the Grand Tower, however the rooms are very clean and comfortable at a price a bit lower than the tower. If your on a budget you won't be dissapoint with the Lodge.

Room Tip: If you plan to go to the casino ask for a room near there, so you can cut down on your walk.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank jamesballard
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This was my second stay at the Choctaw Lodge on February 22-23, 2014. I enjoyed our first stay back in December 2013. The breakfast is nice too. When we checked out, I notices I forgot my Nike Air Shox shoes and I call the hotel 2 hours after we checked out. They said that the room was still being cleaned and to call back because they might be on the housekeepers cart. This was at 1pm and we checked out at 11. Long story short, they didn't find my shoes in the room and I think the housekeeper may have stolen them. The manager said he did go and check the room after the housekeeper, but nothing was there. I know for a fact that I left my tennis shoes there, and they had not rented the room out yet.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Adrienne G
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Wow. Great location. Right next to the casino. If you want to spend a restful night this is not the place to stay. Trains running by most of the night across the street and the whistles were very loud. My wife was not happy that I picked this hotel to stay at. Drove home early in the day just to take a much needed nap!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
DALLAS
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Otherwise find another place. Noisy, dirty. No safe. No fridge. Small. They have a shuttle to Casino but if you walk it is a good hike since the closest entry is fenced off and across a field that was muddy with no sidewalks. No slots in this building. And no lifts and no one even offered to help with luggage. As they allow pets, we heard dogs yelping all hours of the night. On arriving the cover on the ac units had fallen off. You could see the coils and filters were filthy. They did send a man to fix the cover quickly. But did not touch the filth inside where the air flows.

On a positive note: very nice breakfast included and coffee 24 hours.

Room Tip: If you have much luggage, ask for 1st floor. Bring ear plugs.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Anadarko, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I was in town with my family for a powwow at the Choctaw Event Center and this lodge was pretty close. I was a little unsure where the motel entrance was from the road. In years past, I had driven through the casino/grand hotel parking lot to get to the lodge. Due to construction, I had to guess my way around the complex to the entrance. But that wasn't that big of a hassle. The check-in process was fairly easy, even though the credit card I was holding the room with was declined. It was fairly easy to pay with cash and put a deposit down (which was returned to me upon check-out). The did not have a microwave or refrigerator, but I didn't really miss it. The breakfast menu was good and we really appreciated the hot items. The room was a little warm. I was constantly fiddling with the controls trying to keep the fan on, but in the end it didn't make my stay completely unpleasant, just a little...warm. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Thin walls. Train noise on east side of building.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Durant
Best Western Markita Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant
Best Express Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn and Suites - Durant
Quality Inn & Suites Durant

Been to Magnuson Hotel? Share your experiences!