“Enjoyable stay at Choctaw Lodge”
Review of Magnuson Hotel

Magnuson Hotel
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Durant
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at the Choctaw Lodge several times and have always had an enjoyable stay. The rooms are as good as any resort for half the price. The beds and pillows are very comfortable. This time we stayed 3 nights and got the third night free which included a great hot breakfast every morning. The Oasis Pool is like a beautiful Tropical Oasis with a winding river and several hot tubs above, complete with waterfalls and spiral slide. The staff at the lodge was very friendly and helpful. We were especially impressed with Merna. She seemed to always be there to help us with a smile. If you stay at the Lodge be sure and ask for Merna, she will brighten your day. We travel a long way to go to the Choctaw Casino because they have the slots we like to play . The staff at the Casino and Lodge are very courteous and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 717Joe
Englishhogg, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thank you for your review, Merna is new to our team and has made a great impression on us and it looks like you too. We love her as all she wants to do is keep the Lodge clean and ensure each and every guest has a great stay. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I travel around the tri-state area frequently on business. I have NEVER found a better room quality value or nicer staff. The Choctaw lodge prides itself on service and quality. Great beds with plenty of soft pillows, clean rooms, great complimentary breakfast. I admit I was skeptical at first since it is located across the parking lot from the rest of the complex.... but i have come to enjoy that aspect! Prompt shuttle and easy parking access, use of ALL the pools, spa, etc of the big hotel but in a quiet setting. Cant wait for some excuse to bring my family for a weekend escape from Tulsa.

Room Tip: North side rooms are quieter. Second floor would be better if you sleep late, the groundskeepers sta...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank woodsmanphoto

Thank you for your review, it’s great to have you come and stay with us. We too love the beds and now its colder we have bacon back on the menu for breakfast. We look forward to seeing you come back soon.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I am a frequent traveler in hotels around casinos, and Choctaw Lodge was a perfect fit for my needs. I expected a lower quality facility because of the value pricing, but was pleasantly surprised to find high quality rooms and amenities, which are head and shoulders above those in the name-brand hotels, which are several miles away. The staff were quite friendly, making sure that I received everything that I needed during my stay.

I enjoy staying off-site from the casino, but with nearby accessibility. The Lodge is only a 2-minute on-call shuttle ride away from the action, which was very convenient. I loved that the facility was non-smoking, and offered peace and quiet during my off-hours. I have two stays in the area over the next month, and have already switched reservations to enjoy my entire stay at the Lodge. Highly recommend!!!

1  Thank reckoner07

Thank you for your review and highly recommending us. We try very hard to ensure that each guest feels at home and enjoys staying with us. It looks like we succeed with you and for that we are glad. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Without a reservation, I had checked at the towers and they were able to get a room for me at the lodge. Noticing my limp, they called ahead and asked if there was a first floor room availability but due to a concert that night, there wasn't. Arriving after 10 pm, security is nice knowing that the Front Desk clerk has control of Main door entry. I was reassured that the stairs were easily navigated (which they were). Security is a strong quiet presence for this lone lady traveler which put me at ease. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. Room was cool upon my arrival - very welcome for a hot, tired traveler! Complimentary hot breakfast was delicious. but, juice coffee and hot chocolate offered 24 hours most welcoming.
James and Tony were nice to get to know with Tony ensuring that my folio was printed out correctly.
Thank you everyone.

Room Tip: I would think rooms away from the RR Tracks would be a bit quieter.
1  Thank Gwendolyn C

Thank you for your review, I am so glad the whole team was able to make your stay special. Thank you for mentioning Tony and James, we will pass on your thanks. I know they work hard to ensure that every guest has a great stay.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I made my reservation 3 months ago on the casino website. I have never been here before, and did not know that you had this old hotel down the road. I was under the impression I was staying at the new hotel. Your website did not make that clear to me. I parked in the garage and checked in at the big hotel before I was told that I was not staying in it. I got a shuttle to the OLD hotel (and it is OLD), then walked back to the parking garage in 100 degree heat to get my car because I felt bad for not having any singles to tip the shuttle driver, and the front desk couldn't break a $20. I would have paid more had I known there was a difference. I am sitting looking out my window at the hotel I could have stayed in, and I'm so pissed about it that I can't sleep.

2  Thank Kristy R

I am sorry this was your experience, we have did set up a separate website we did label our booking engine to try and stop this happening.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

This was my birthday weekend and we booked the room spur of the moment and we were not disappointed! They were booked at the casino so we decided to book a room for 2 days close to the casino. My husband is in the military and they gave him a great discount and a very nice, spacious room! When we walked in, we immediately smelled the cleanliness. The beds were nicely made and neat. We had a window view and we were pleasantly pleased. The first day, room service knocked on our door and asked if we needed anything (we did need clean towels) and they accomodated us. They even let us have a late checkout! We will return to this hotel in the future. My birthday weekend was a success, I am/was a happy camper! Thanks Tripadvisor!

Room Tip: The mirror in our room was fun but a little bit distracting. Overall, we enjoyed the room and our st...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Englishhogg, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you very much for your review. We are always glad to honor our brave service men and women both active and retired, it’s our way of saying thank you for keeping us safe. We would like to thank you for staying with us at the Lodge and we look forward to seeing you come back soon.

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Great clean rooms and a huge pool w slide even for adults to enjoy. Casino isn't too smoky, restaurants feature great food and live music. Only way it could be better is to have an in room Jacuzzi tub!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Rubyscharm
Englishhogg, General Manager at Magnuson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Can I get a hot tub!?! thank you for the review it made us all smile and actually one room at the Lodge does has a Jacuzzi :) We are excited you had a good stay and we all work hard to receive reviews like yours, thank you and see you soon we hope.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Durant
Best Western Markita Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Durant
Hampton Inn and Suites - Durant
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant
Best Express Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites Durant

Been to Magnuson Hotel? Share your experiences!