This hotel is small, only has 2 floors. We booked a room on the 2nd floor with 2 queen beds. There were pros and cons, as with every establishment. But I would stay here again based solely on the high quality of the beds and pillows. So comfortable!!!! Nice soft bed and cushiony gel-filled pillows (4 on each bed).
Here are the rest of my comments, you can decide if they are a pro or con :)
* This hotel is not connected to the casino itself, but it adjacent to the parking lot so it's easily within walking distance. Or there is a free shuttle if you want to use it.
* There is no elevator so be prepared to haul your luggage up the stairs if you stay on the 2nd floor.
* There is a working railroad track that runs directly beside the hotel. It was very hard falling asleep because of the sound but once we fell asleep the noise from the train didn't wake us back up.
* Could hear kids crying in the rooms next to us and out in the hallway.
* The exhaust fan in the bathroom didn't work. We told the people about it at the front desk when we checked out and they thanked us for letting them know and said they would be sure to fix it.
* The complimentary shampoo and bar soap were "White Marble" brand, nothing to get excited about. There were 2 bottles of "conditioning shampoo" but no separate conditioner. And both bottles had been opened and obviously used with sticky residue left on them. It wasn't very high quality so bring your own if you're picky about that sort of thing.
* The tray in the bathroom that held the complimentary shampoo / bar soap was dirty, smudged from leftover soap residue. I think housekeeping should be a little more thorough.
* Wolfgang Puck brand coffee in the room, both regular and decaf.
* The complimentary breakfast was good, typical hotel food. Eggs, biscuits, gravy, cereal, bagels, muffins, coffee, juice. The eating area was small but clean and the staff kept things well stocked.
* The beds and pillows were absolutely fantastic!! The mattress was soft, sheet satiny soft, pillows were gel-filled and comfortable but supportive. There were 4 pillows to each bed. We did have to ask for more blankets though. The ones on the beds weren't heavy enough.
* The water pressure in the tub was great, water was nice and hot. The shower nozzle worked fine but didn't give off much pressure, so if you like a nice pulsing shower you might be a little disappointed.
* Flat screen TV with a lot of channels to choose from, but the remote control was very dirty. A simple dusting would help.
* Bathroom sink area was very small and cramped and needed to be washed down.
* Small table between the beds could have used some cleaning ... there were sticky rings on it that looked to be left behind from the previous occupants.
* Small work table with chair built in to the wall.
* Room was a bit cramped if you need walking space but was good for what we needed.
* Great signal on the free wifi.
* Good blackout curtains in room.
* Padded sitting area at window if you want to look at parking lot of a casino or at a busy highway.
* Nice friendly check-in and check-out staff.
* Air conditioner worked great in the room.
* iPhone / iPad dock on the radio ... but the radio itself was very dusty and had fingerprints all over it. A quick cleaning with a rag would be a good thing for the housekeeping staff to incorporate. I chose not to put my electronic devices on it because it was so dirty!
* Towels in bathroom were standard issue but were soft and sturdy.
* Built-in hairdryer worked nicely.
* Rooms are non-smoking and smelled fresh, considering most people staying there are going in and out of the smoky casino.
* You could smell fresh paint from some remodeling they were either in the process of or have done recently, but the smell wasn't overwhelmingly strong.
* Pet friendly
So ... to sum it up, I would stay again because of the high quality beds but would know to bring extra noise-dampening devices and some cleaning rags!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Choctaw Lodge is located less than 400 feet from the Choctaw Casino, Durant. Near Southeastern Oklahoma State University, Lake Texoma, Eisenhower State Park, Red River Railroad Museum and the Johnson Creek Recreation Area. The Choctaw Lodge offers guests free buffet breakfast served from 6:30 am to 10 am, free shuttle to Choctaw Casino, free high-speed wireless Internet access, guest laundry, free parking with room for large vehicles and small pets are accepted with additional charges. Guest rooms offer cable TV with extra stations, free high speed wireless internet access, coffee maker, microwave, mini-fridge, hair dryer, free local calls, air conditioning, alarm clock/radio, iron/board, sofa bed and electronic door locks. Requests are not guaranteed, and will be granted based on availability at check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Magnuson Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Durant
- Durant Microtel