“Quality ingredients, excellent preparation, good service = WIN”

Roma Italian Resturant
Ranked #2 of 77 Restaurants in Durant
Cuisines: Italian
Description: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Roma-Italian-Restaurant-Durant-OK/184753974872593
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We travel to north/eastern Oklahoma a few times a year from Houston, and over recent years have made a point of always stopping in Durant to visit Roma (after initially reading a few good reviews about the place online).

EVERY town should have an Italian food joint like this: Owners and staff who seem really to care about the operation, High-quality ingredients (everything from the meats on the pizzas to the homemade sauces just scream FRESH and QUALITY), excellent preparation (the red sauce, oh my!), a few twists here and there (their house salad dressing is the yum, kind of like Otts but also kinda not), great bread -- and all for a very fair price (coming from Houston, I almost feel like I'm stealing at these prices!)

I'm a fan of red sauce, so I've had several of their red sauce dishes, and they've all been wonderful. They also do quite a nice pizza (as I've mentioned, the toppings are high quality, and these folks know how to make/cook bread!). Goodness, I'm making myself hungry as I type this...

The old downtown building that houses the restaurant is also kinda nice. So many of these rural Oklahoma towns have gotten a beaten down look over the years, so it's nice when some of the classic old downtown buildings can be repurposed and rejuvenated.

Well done, Roma! Looking forward to my next trip (probably not until May)!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Enjoyed dinner at this family friendly establishment. Good cuisine at reasonable prices. The building looks to be recently refurbished.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Since Italian is one of my favorites, I am on the look out for something other than the usual chain restaurants. Have eaten here several times, both for lunch and dinner. Service always good, menu items very good. Weekend atmosphere really good.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great food! Large portions and beautiful environment. Great place to meet professionally or socially. They also cater.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We ate in the piano room and had a very romantic dinner that we didn't expect. Staff was attentive, but food was so-so. I was hoping for garlic bread but that didn't happen. I ordered a pizza, half with Canadian bacon and pineapple, and half with pepperone and extra cheese. It was ok (7 out of 10). My husband ordered a seafood linguine (forgot the exact name, but I believe it was the most expensive pasta dish). There were bay scallops, shrimps, calamari rings, and mussles in it, but it was apparent they were from a frozen bag. When the server brought the pasta to our table, it smelled so awfully fishy! Food was very reasonably priced, average $10, but then wine appeared outrageously expensive ($5.5).

1  Thank I_Am_Methodical

Been to Roma Italian Resturant? Share your experiences!