“MUCH BETTER THAN ANTICIPATED!”

Choctaw Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Durant
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Popular gaming facility features a variety of table games, high-stakes bingo and off-track betting.
Reviewed May 13, 2010

This hotel was amazing! From the driveup appeal of the lushly landscaped entrance (although out in the middle of nowhere) to the lobby, to the rooms done in rich colors, with extremely comforatable beds with 6 pillows on each! The large shower in the bathroom with granite counter and a large mirror that the frame lights up! The decor was definately 1st class.

The food was not amazing, just OK, there were a variety of places to eat but we found the food to be average. We also ordered a couple margaritas and they tasted all of mixer,, but it appears that they just got their liquor license so they are working out the bugs. We ordered room service a couple of times and it was brought to us in any best of hotel fashion. The pizza was very good, the Caesar Salad with Chicken was OK, the frut plate was large and good. The turkey and swiss sandwich was pretty good and filling. The dessert (cake) was awesome!

There was a very large selection of slot machines that were fun but somewhat tight. Kept me entertained, and I had the entire feel of Las Vegas while there.

The pool was amazing extremely tropical and extremely well put together... picture attached.

I cant wait to go back!!

3  Thank Gizmoqt
There are newer reviews for Choctaw Casino Resort

Reviewed May 11, 2010

Your casino sucks now that you serve beer you can't even take it on the floor and you should be like real casinos it should be free to players. The buffet is to expensive and not really that good. The slots are way to tight I mean cmon you take a couple hundred dollars in there and ur done in twenty min. Really!!! On pennie machines cmon. I don't think you were fined near enough or often enough I don't expect to win big but should get to play and have some fun. My advise is go check out a real casino and see how it is ran and take note of it. Digusted in Denison Ronnie Jackson

6  Thank Rjack1966
Reviewed May 10, 2010

I Have been twice this month and fixing to go back again....I love the Slot machines sometimes I loose but than I make it up before I leave.....I use a wheelchair and havent found a bus with a lift on it...I've called so many people about this and have not gotten anywhere....am I the only one complaining?? We have a van but its just a matter of time before it will break down....besides its cheaper to ride the buse....any advice???

5  Thank Maggie9917
Reviewed May 9, 2010

The casino manipulates the outcome at blackjack at Choctaw Casino. They do this by washing only one deck at a time prior to shuffling. In Nevada, Minnesota, New Jersey, Louisiana and other states. The casino is required by law to wash all 6 decks together prior to shuffling, by washing all 6 decks together this creates a random outcome. By washing 1 deck at a time then shuffling this creates a situation where the small cards stay together. When you watch this notice how often when you have 6-5 you will get a number card after you double down. ie: 4 and when you have 10-4 for example you will get another 10. I have played enough blackjack in other areas to have been able to spot the difference.

6  Thank Travelingcardplayer6
Reviewed April 30, 2010

I got home after my visit, I unpacked and went about my routine. After a couple of days I started waking up itching, then started to notice bites I went to the Doc and he said bed bugs, to make the story short It was only place I've been and didn't have them before trip I can only assume that the hotel with no water pressure and toilets that dont flush might be culprit

11  Thank kika1996