“Choctaw Casino and a little about Winstar”

Choctaw Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Durant
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Popular gaming facility features a variety of table games, high-stakes bingo and off-track betting.
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 124 helpful votes
“Choctaw Casino and a little about Winstar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2008

I have been going to Choctaw Casino for a couple of years now. They are constantly upgrading their machines. They actually do have a very large payouts. Ive seen 25,000.00, 200,000.00 and tons of 300.00 to 900.00 jackpots. The best advice that I can give about thier slots is this...if they don't hit in the first few spins they are not going to....just walk away and try another. They have a huge variety of penny machines,quarter machines, dollar, 10 and 25 dollar machines. On any given Friday or Saturday night the high stakes rooms are paying off like mad! Like I said I have been going there for a few years....and NEVER even one time have I ever met up with a disgruntled employee! The staff there is WAY above average for a casino. They honestly act like they want you to win, And after going just a few times they all seem to recognize you. A tip...also, if you don't like the huge crowds on FRiday and Sat. evenings ( up until about 10:00 PM) there is an older casino just behind the new one. The machines hit very well but some of the machines are a bit older. However, a lot of people seem to like the older machines. Ive stayed at the hotel many times. It is extremely comfortable with microwaves, fridges, and coffee service right in the room. The room rates are very reasonable. There is also a Microtel about 1/4 block away...actually it is built right in the parking lot of the main casino. They have the MOST comfortable beds that I have ever slept on!! They also have a very light breakfast each morning and the ladies that run it are VERY accomodating. There is a best western just across highway 69 with again very nice rooms.

I used to go to Las Vegas for my casino enjoyment, however, with Durant being only about 75 miles away and gas what it is...I haven't been to Las Vegas now in probably 3 years and don't miss it one bit. About an hour away from Durant there is another Casino called Winstar.....it is absolutely HUGE...I had heard it was the 6th largest casino in the world...I do believe it actually might be. Anyway, I would highly recommend either one but remember don't take more than you can afford to lose and leave when you have reached that point.

Good Luck!!

KB

23 Thank Kaait

CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Please read before make decision”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2008

If you are planning a gambling night my advise is go to Las Vegas - you can get great deals on plane tickets and hotel room if you book it yearly or check last minute deals - go to the real deal - Don’t go to Choctaw casino it is a huge tent with VGT slots (if you don’t know what that means these are slots that may never pay - everybody’s money can come out from one slot that keeps jackpotting all night long to the same person playing it and the rest of the slots are collecting and paying to that one slot) enough for the slots now the poker room is small and they don’t have big poker games you can waste time playing 1$-2$ if you are into that -the other gambling activity they have is blackjack (which costs you 50 cents a hand to play-I never heard of that before - only in Indian reservation) they don’t have crap tables they don’t have roulette tables they don’t have baccarat or Caribbean poker ,and also this is the Casino with the most complaints ,and paying the most fees to the gambling commission – if your intent is not gambling but a nice resort relaxed weekend this is not the place either – don’t get fooled the hotel isn’t luxury it is more motel 6 ,the rooms stink and the view is terrible it is either highway view or truck stop view don’t think you can upgrade to top floor sweet ,the building architecture is ugly too if you don’t believe me just Google Choctaw casino pictures. The other thing people like to do when they are on vacation is shopping – forget about it – no shopping center or mall around –you can go to the truck stop get a cowboy hat or you can spend some money buying junk like key chains from the casino’s gift shop big foot by 2 – if you are smoker cigarettes will cost you 7$. Something else a lot of people like doing when on vacation is have a drink at a bar and relax or go clubbing – I am sorry to say it but again forget about it too- Indian reservation does not serve fire water – surprise surprise no drinking - even beer – all you ‘bad’ ‘bad’ people that like to have 1 drink and enjoy the night it is not your resort. Ok, now other think – if you don’t drink pop or watered up coffee you will have to go to the truck stop – fancy ha?! Did I forget to mention no fine dining either unless hotdog and turkey burger can be considered so. For those of you that want salad or soup you won’t get it there. If despite all of that you decide to go there my advise is don’t pack anything fancy -jeans and t-shirt is perfect – this is the kind of casino that is filled up with local people that rolled off bad with their pajamas and went across the street to spend their paycheck. If you put on your new dress and your fancy shoes people are more likely to stare at you – and I don’t blame them – it will look like you went to change your oil in tuxedo. Just trying to tell you this is not Vegas Wild nights atmosphere there – just simple local people and old couples going broke at the slots. And at the end your friends will want to see pictures from City of lights not from Bigfoot truck stop .

10 Thank aaaCa
Dallas, TX
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Helpful Hotel Staff!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2008

Our family members from OK & TX met here for a weekend gathering because the location was convenient for all. Between us, we had seven rooms. Our only complaint was the smell of smoke but it's a casino after all.
The original hotel was separate from the casino. An expansion was done to the hotel which connected it to the casino. This new connection is where you will find the non-smoking rooms. While it makes sense to give the new furnishings to the non-smokers, it makes no sense to put these rooms in between the smokers and the open-room casino. With no doors on the casino, the smoke literally rolls down the hallways. I know - you're thinking "what did they expect!". Well, we had a fine time - the oasis pool was EXCELLENT! We rented one of the poolside cabanas and brought in snacks and drinks. The staff could not have been any more helpful from check-in to the bellman to the pool staff! There are several nearby restaurants (we recommend the big smoker bbq restaurant on the west side of the highway) so we only had one meal at the casino - breakfast buffet. We thought the food, cabana and room prices were fair and a good value. We noticed new construction on the premises - would love for this to be a totally non-smoking hotel. If not for the smoke, we would return again. Otherwise, we probably will not.

2 Thank traveltoall50states
Waco, TX
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“My worst vacation, ever!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2008

On a recent visit to Durant, Ok. My husband and I were playing slots in the new Choctaw Casino. The power went out from a storm there. The staff came by each person and wrote down the names of the players and their address. They told us that we would be sent the cash vouchers from our machines in the mail and would have 14 days to use them. The cashier that helped us used a post-it note pad for our info and put it on the game screen. We checked with a Slot Supervisor the next day to request a check instead. He agreed to check on our vouchers, then when I checked back with him a week later. (He had not called us back) he said he was unable to locate anything in our name. We feel that this was handled very badly and that anyone could have cashed our vouchers. It ruined our vacation time, and money and I cant wait to tell everyone I know about this bad experience.

14 Thank nancy76640
Maud
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“a great casino adventure, loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2006

I had never been to a casino before, so I don't have a lot to compare it to, but it exceeded all my expectations. It was bright and well lit, clean and exciting. The suite was huge, with a king size bed and three recliner chairs and a pull out couch and two tvs. But I didn't expect the jacuzzi, and that was great after a night of gambling. Beginner's luck paid off and I won, and even though the other 4 people in my party didn't win, they all agreed they had a wonderful time. This is ages 18 to 53. We also watched an Indian exhibition show on the Center Stage and received free jerky, t shirts and a free promotional picture with the Indians. The buffet was good, although there is no alchol served at all, they did serve sodas at the slots/tables. So overall, I rate it 5 stars.

8 Thank sunnid755