“Enjoyed!”

Choctaw Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Durant
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Popular gaming facility features a variety of table games, high-stakes bingo and off-track betting.
Cleveland, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Enjoyed!”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We live on the gulf coast in Texas so we frequent the Louisiana casinos. I have never been to an Oklahoma casino so it was a cool opportunity. The casino was very nice, of course because it's newer, nonetheless. I was a tad disappointed because I wanted the foofoolala new hotel and then we realized we were in The Lodge, but really no complaints about that hotel, so......I really liked the fact that there were multiple restaurants to suit any taste buds and they were open late. I wished there were more beverage servers, however, there are self serve centers. The casino was very clean, the folks seemed happy to work there, to me is a plus. The shuttles to and from were quick which was great. As far as win or lose, well, it's entertainment. I was able to play win, lose, win, lose and for hours, Which to me was entertaining. I lost the money I went to lose, but over a lengthy period of time, which to me was fine and I was entertained, so truthfully, I had a blast. I'd bring earplugs I think, for myself, the bingo, duck, machines that are all over the place, are annoying as all get out. I do not like repetition at all, so the constant bell ringing was annoying. They must be super fun or very popular, because they were full always. Wasn't one for me though. It's difficult to write reviews for things when people can't see past losing there money. Ummmm it's a casino, stop when you lose what you came to lose, and don't go back to the ATM. I don't put much faith into reading reviews of casinos because people can be bitter because they had a bad night losing. It's about entertainment, if you can't see he casino as entertainment, then maybe it's time to take a break. I have more players club cards from places than I can shake a stick at. This players club may be worth skipping if your just passing through town and not planning on returning. I ALWAYS get a card, but this club was rather worthless. I thought it was odd that in order to get the item of the month or week or whatever, that they docked your account for the points. The points are very hard to earn. I earned the freebie, but then went to redeem it and they were out of them. She said I could go to the other casino but they closed in 15 minutes. So really the card was useless. I am not really sure how cheesy players (like me) could ever earn a free meal because I played for a long time and mid to max credits on all machines I played. BE all end all of that, I had a dollar on my card at the end of the day, no free food, and no gift. So. If your a local, the card may be for you, it was not for me.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Jill D
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Jill,
I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I'm happy to share your review with our Management Team. I hope you come see us again your next time through.

Dallas, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Taking advantage”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Choctaw Casino used to be one of our favorite places to gamble. Unfortunately, they have the same expansionist dreams that plague Winstar and have embarked on a robust building agenda.
That's fine. Just don't club your loyal customers over the head in order to get cash flow. And that's what it's all about. Don't give the suckers an even break and let their losings finance your current construction project.

I will go anywhere else now rather than have them take me for a ride. Maybe once I can see that there are no more construction cranes outside the casino, I will go back. But not before. Choctaw, you have lost two very high rollers. My money is on the plane to Vegas and glad of it!!!

13 Thank itkah
I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. Myself and our Player Development Team would like to discuss this with you asap. Please contact me at kathryn.decaire@choctawcasinos.com.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Corsicana, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Had a blast!”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Just got back today from Choctaw Casino. I was worried that I would lose a bunch of money from reading all the negative reviews but in fact, I came home ahead $$! I haven't been there in about 8 months but my family came in on a bus and I wanted to see everyone. They didn't do as well as me but it's always a hit and miss anytime you gamble.

Normally we go to Shreveport because we get free food, hotel, drinks and money on our card. If Choctaw would lower there prices on hotels and drinks by half, we all would go there and probably never go to Shreveport again. I been to Winstar about 4 years ago and I remember I didn't like it, machines cost more and payout was the same.

Oh, and Blue Moon had great food, very reasonable priced. I heard the Sunday night buffet was not good, so we didn't eat there. My Aunt and Uncle confirmed that because they did, lol. We played everything from penny to dollar machines. I did real well on the penny machines. Today, I won $560 at about 1pm (Forgot to put my players card in, hmmm) Anyway, we had a blast, everyone was very friendly, casino was nice and clean. Thanks! We all had a great time!

2 Thank DonDon2014
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you, DonDon! I'm very pleased to hear you had a great time. Please come see us again soon.
allen
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Came for the Fun and Won”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Three Tejas Chicas and a Troll named Pocahontas

An hour away from my home base in Texas resides a concrete attraction miles from the Oklahoma - Texas borders. Choctaw Casino and Resort. As I research my travel destinations ahead of time, I was aware that the casino was in the middle of nowhere, meaning no mega restaurants, shopping or activities other than gambling. Not to say you couldn't reserve spots for fishing of wild boar hunting. Being a quick get-away/stay-cation this place was an unexpected treat. We opted to stay in The Grand Tower for $169. per night, joined their Players Club and the room fee was only $145.Scored there. (Their other places to store your gear and rest your head, The Lodge and Inn were within walking distance to the main hotel.) You are greeted by an enormous White Buffalo statue surrounded by a water feature in the main lobby. Nice seating areas in the lobby as well. You could barely notice the "smoke smell" in the casino areas, where there are two of them as of this writing. Check-in was a breeze, given directions to their indoor pool as their Tropical Pool was being renovated. Options of floors, which restaurants were 24 hours and which were running specials were also given. Concierge offered to take our luggage up for us, since we travel light, we declined. Elevators were large, fast, deposited us on the tenth floor. Our room was amazing. View of the highway and the Oklahoma landscape was pretty from our vantage point. Two Queen beds, so comfortable we had to tear ourselves away from staying put for a few hours. Mini Fridge, coffee maker, toiletries, Flat screen, ample storage, room safe and a tasteful decor made the room perfect for us. The bathroom was a work of art with giant walk in shower with a soft rain-shower faucet. Marble sink, toilet off to the side, ample towels and be warned, the hot water will scald if you are not careful! There was the cutest Buffalo shaped soap in the bathroom. These can be purchased in the gift shops that close around 2-3 AM.

I was aware you have to pay for any cocktails you may want, so have a drink with your dinner. Having beverage centers serving coffee and sodas throughout the gaming areas nice and clean. Restrooms, money changers, ATM and ticket cashing areas were abundant in the gaming areas as well. There's also a place to cash checks. The casino was kept pristine, ashtrays cleaned, debris from previous players at any machine taken care of immediately. As stated before the smoke smell was almost non-existent.

Craps/Baccarat/Roulette were not live as in Las Vegas but machine oriented games. Slots were a bit tight but we each found machines that favored us greatly. There were bells going off throughout our stay as people won, the majority "Max Bet" winners.

We had dinner at Gilleys,had C.C. as our waitress who kept an eye on us but at a distance. I dined on great All You Can Eat Chicken Wings (real size, not the hormone enhanced ones found throughout the world), Kids Sliders with fries for the others. The water here tasted as if treated and had a strong mineral content. 3AM snack was a Chicken Box from Dixon's which was pretty tasty. Breakfast was Blue Moon Cafe under $7, again the water was weird. Only failure here was their version of french toast which we dubbed "Eggy Bread". Our waitress Tamara quickly exchanged my friends French Toast for a platter of Home Fries when she was made aware she didn't like it.

Everyone who worked with the casino was pleasant, seemed to enjoy their jobs, were there to assist in any way possible. I had one fellow, Brent, who offered to walk me to a specific type of slot machine I had asked about. How is that for service?

As we were leaving, there was a housekeeper was across the hall who stopped to ask ask if we enjoyed our stay. NEVER have I had that happen. Had to give her a hug! Even the Floor Manager of Housekeeping came over to ask us about our stay. I enjoyed the interaction. That little gesture mad us feel as if we mattered, not just another face spending money.

We were here during Spring Break (ours and Oklahoma's) and were expecting a crowd. It was just the opposite, due to their pool being renovated says the Check In Lady Catherine.

Check out wasto be at 11AM. We checked out at 9:30 which was a breeze just with Angela who informed us we could check our luggage with Concierge until we were ready to leave, no charge. This way we could continue to play, dine, relax on the comfortable couches and chairs in the foyer until we headed out.

There was never a need to leave the casino, various restaurants to choose from (not a food court like the malls), Cocktail Waitresses would get you beverages from the Beverage Stations or Cocktails if you preferred. We took care of our own needs.

We felt very safe here, Uniformed Police out of sight but knew they were there, Floor Managers on the ball, payouts were fast if you were a big winner.

I give this place a giant thumbs up. It exceeded expectations, kept us entertained with their variety of slots. We will be back.

2 Thank kitticatz
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Kitticatz,
I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review. I'm very pleased you enjoyed your time with us and I appreciate all of the fine details and compliments. Please bring Pocahontas back soon!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Ok place. Not as fun as Vegas. Don't bother gambling here”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Yea. I said it. But I took my daughter there on our way home from tulsa to let her try the slot machines for her very first time. One problem was that there were no waiters to bring you drinks. You have to get up and get it at a fountain machine. There were a lot of people there and very few slots open. We got two hamburgers but that cost 30.00 dollars and was ok tasting. There weren't very many money machines so you had to stand in long lines to get your winnings. Bummer. If one wants to gamble. Just go to Vegas. It's way better.

9 Thank kellydav01
Kellydav01,
We appreciate all feedback from our guests in order to improve our service and make each experience an amazing one. Thank you & I hope you try us again next time you're over this way. Have a great day.