“If you're hoping to win money...go elsewhere !!”

Choctaw Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Durant
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Popular gaming facility features a variety of table games, high-stakes bingo and off-track betting.
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We live about an hour away from this casino and another one (Choctaw Grant is the other one). Grant is a much smaller casino but we win MUCH more frequently than here. Also, we travel quite a bit and go to many, many different casinos and out of all the ones we frequent this one is the absolute worst in terms of slot payouts. When not traveling we use to alternate between Choctaw Durant and Choctaw Grant and a couple of years back we would win some and lose some in both places, but now, we RARELY ever leave this casino with any money so we have stopped going. I will play a while on a slot and if it is not giving a little something back after I've spent $15 or $20 then I will change to another one...consequently, I end up playing on MANY different slot machines while there and most of them are ridiculously tight.

Another thing: we have long been players card members and used to get offers every month for a free room once a week (Sun-Thurs nights only) along with a few food coupons and free bonus play ($10 per week, every week from one Sun to the next Sun) and then all of a sudden the offers got real cheesy even though we were spending the same amount as always. We started getting only discounts off the rooms instead of free ones and the bonus play was suddenly only good Mon-Thurs which is TOTALLY worthless for those of us that work and can't go to the casino Mon-Thurs...they might as well save their money and stop sending those worthless offers to us. I know this sounds crazy but that mere $10 bonus play offer would inspire me to go there instead of elsewhere but not now...we just go to Grant instead. Here's something to know: my daughter would sometimes come along with us and bring a lot less money (she would bring $50-$100 and we would bring and spend $400 between the two of us. I started noticing that even though she spends less money than we do, she gets much better player reward offers than we do !! I was totally puzzled over this until I found out that the people that bet max get better offers EVEN IF THEY CONSISTENTLY SPEND LESS MONEY !!!

Another gripe: a few years ago when they only had the Choctaw Inn there, the check-out time was noon, now they've changed it to 11:00 am for all the hotels and if you ask for a late check-out they will offer you a cheesy 30 minutes or an hour (if you are lucky). There are some pretty nice places to stay a few miles away in Durant that have a check-out time of noon.

One last thing: on February 14th they usually have a "box of chocolates" promotion that they advertise on their website in which you show up and supposedly get a box of chocolates and every box will have some mystery amount of free bonus play offered...the last two Valentines days we showed up fairly early in the day ( 2 pm ) and they were already OUT of the boxes but still advertising it on their website to continue drawing people in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was PISSED. The CS rep at the Players desk acknowledged that they had been dealing with many angry customers since they had run out and that the same thing had occurred last year (which I already knew because I was there last year as well) we kept checking the website the rest of the day and it still kept advertising the promotion even though they had run out.

I have a suggestion for management here: that whole thing is [--]!! You all need to go ahead and give EVERYONE that shows up for the promotion AT LEAST the minimum amount of free play that they would have been received had you done your job right and ordered the appropriate amount of chocolates to begin with. I can understand running out maybe at 8 pm or so but 2 pm ?????? Give me a break...you people knew that you didn't order enough and just didn't care.

9  Thank Huzmuffin

Reviewed October 28, 2013

The casino is in the middle of updating by adding a bowling alley, movie theater etc. Therefore they have closed down parts of the casino. I am just guessing but since they started the upgrades, NONE of the machines are paying off at all. I heard everyone grumbling about how the machines will not even pay off 5 or 10.00 much less anything bigger.

3  Thank girlgodiva
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate all feedback we hear from our guests but please visit our Facebook page as well. We post daily pictures of winners, promotions, specials & all sorts of great things. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving and please come see us again soon.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

It had been many years since my last visit to Choctaw, so my only experience was in the old casino, with low ceilings and full of smoke, so I was absolutely amazed by the new casino when I visited this past weekend. It really is a Vegas-style casino now! We pulled up right in front and took advantage of the free valet parking, and then walked in and were greeted by the giant white buffalo in front of a towering water wall. Behind the water wall is the new casino, which is fantastic. The ceilings are much higher, which means the smoke rises and doesn't just linger over the gaming areas. There is a pleasant smell piped in as well, just like in most of the Vegas casinos, and fun music is playing, which I don't remember from my prior visit. The gaming areas are also much larger with a great variety of machines and table games.

Not being Vegas, the drink service isn't the same, but there are places to buy bottles of beer and frozen drinks in the walkways between gaming areas. For nondrinkers, Jackpot Java is a full-service coffee bar serving Starbucks coffees and other drinks and snacks. We didn't eat there, but the other restaurants off the casino floor looked good, especially the higher-end steakhouse. It is definitely on my list to try next time.

The old part of the casino is now closed for rennovations and many other entertianment options, including a bowling alley and movie theater are in the works for 2015. I never would have considered it before, but I really want to return and stay at the hotel and take advantage of the new pool and spa area sometime soon.

Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Mr. Ted,
Thank you! We greatly appreciate your amazing review. Our Choctaw Team is very proud of our casino and I'm pleased you enjoyed your time with us. Please come see us again and take advantage of everything we have to offer. Have a great week.

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I originally made reservations for my fiancee and I to enjoy 2 nights and stay and gamble, but more importantly to take her rhe oasis. Upon our arrival staff let us know before hand it was ok were running behind coming drom out of town due to work. Whem we arrived to check in. I was told we were not at the durant location and redirected resort. The facilities were nice amd we stayed and gambled during the day after having to stay in tje smokers in across from the gorgeous durant resort we had reservations at. Management offered nothing to us and were not rude but it was overall a frustrating experience that has made us question going back. I originally made reservations to suprise my fiancee for a a stay and to check out the oasis pool and spa. But that didn't happen. Unfortunate. ...

Caryn and Jon happen because gambled a bit. Amd left early . We had to atay a

3  Thank Jon S

Jon,
Please contact me at kathryn.decaire@choctawcasinos.com so that we may discuss you recent stay. I would appreciate your feedback and assistance with improving our service. I look forward to hearing from yo u.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We live about 30 minutes away so it's a nice diversion for friends and I to do on a Saturday night. It's a normal casino... loud, stinky with cigarrette smoke. Choked with old ladies with walkers. The bars are good, beer is reasonable. Free cokes. Staff is always nice. The older part of the casino is kind of gross. Park in the parking garage and you won't even have to walk through the old part. It's a fun girl's night out. They have live music on the weekend's, so when you run out of money there's still something to do. There's also a hotel with what looks like a fabulous pool that I've not stayed in or used.

We're very pleased you ladies had a great time. Please come see us again soon on your next adventure. :)