“Finally came out even here...”

Choctaw Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Durant
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Popular gaming facility features a variety of table games, high-stakes bingo and off-track betting.
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Very nice casino. But unfortunately it is very difficult to win anything here. I have been to this casino approximately 10-15 times over the past several years and have always walked away with empty pockets. Until yesterday. I actually came out EVEN! Wow. Maybe they are starting to loosen up the slots a little bit. I truly hope so. because Last time I dropped a few benjamins and vowed never to return. But, maybe I will stop again in a few months and see if the slots are actually being loosened.

3  Thank Dave A
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dave,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Choctaw Casino Resort. I hope the next time you check us out you walk away with a truck full of Benjamins! We appreciate your feedback. Have a wonderful day and thank you again.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I'm not a big gambler, but when I do, it is usually in Las Vegas. On a recent trip from Arkansas back to Texas, my wife wanted to stop at Choctaw Casino to play the slots. We signed up to get one of the cards which earns points when you play, and they gave each of us a $10.00 credit to play. With that being said, I figured what the heck, I'll play the free $10.00 and see what I do. Just using the $10.00 credit on the nickel slots I won about $120.00. I normally never win anything so I figured I would quit while I was ahead...lol. Of course, my wife lost hers. The Casino has improved greatly since the last time we were there. The only issue I have is the smoke. Being a non-smoker, it would be nice if they had a large non-smoking area. The drive from Dallas to the Casino is not bad at all right up Hwy 75. The hotel looks pretty nice, but I've never stayed there. From the Dallas/Fort Worth area, I would prefer Choctaw over the casinos in Shreveport.

2  Thank bill925
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you, Bill! I'm pleased to hear you stopped by and had a good time. Winning $120.00 off of $10 free play is not too shabby. Congratulations and please come see us again soon when you can stay longer.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Those slots were paying off. Little money and big money. Someone hit 47,000 dollars , 20,000 dollars. We took money home. The place is beautiful. We spent some time at different casinos this past month and this one gets our vote. Go there. People are friendly. They cater to your needs with a smile on their faces.

5  Thank Monnie1955
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Monnie1955,
Thank you!!! We greatly appreciate your amazing compliments. Hopefully your picture is added to that winner list soon. Have a great week and thank you again.
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed May 26, 2013

50 cent ante on all blackjack, a wheel of fortune roulette style sheet with no ball, and card craps. Big money sink pit. The place is new and nicely appointed but the gambling area is quite small. You also have to pay for your drink while gambling and I cannot get over the ante up system while playing any card game. Amazing how you have to pay them to take your money. Just amazing. We will not be back and it was a lousy experience for a bachelor party. I should have researched it more before deciding to go there. But I had heard good things from some older ladies who go all the time but it turns out that they were just really happy that a majority of the slots are penny slots.

7  Thank Bliggitty

Bliggitty,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I'm sorry your trip wasn't what you expected but I hope you give us another try soon. Have a great and thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

First visit to the Choctaw Casino as we wanted to see the musical group The Temptations. Huge crowd, wonderful show, very nice casino. Yes, I did win some money. Our room and our friends' room were very attractive and very clean. The food was ok. We went to the newer section to avoid the heavy smoke. Supposedly, the ventilation is better. Wish the casino had a smoke free area where you did not walk through the smoking area to get there. Just an aside. The food really needs to be better.

3  Thank 1LovesTravel1

Thank you for your lovely compliments regarding our casino. The Temptations always put on an amazing show and I'm so happy you had a great time. Please come see us again soon. Gladys Knight & The O'Jays will be here August 1st! I hope to see you there.