“Premium Service from Matt White”

Choctaw Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Durant
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Popular gaming facility features a variety of table games, high-stakes bingo and off-track betting.
Denton, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Premium Service from Matt White”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I've been to Choctaw many times and have never met this gentleman nor been treated quite like this! There was a concert in town, so I called to make a reservation and the front desk told me that there were no more rooms available. Once I arrived, I went to check for cancellations, and was directed to Matt White. After we told him our wants and desires he went on to comp me and my friend for our nights stay in the newly renovated inn. Had a blast! Def will be looking forward to my next trip!!

7 Thank MackBarber
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Mack,
Thank you for taking the time to recognize Matt on a job well done! He is a great asset to our Choctaw Team and I'm pleased to hear your enjoyed your stay. We'll look forward to your next one in the near future.

Plano, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Choctaw Casino - Tight slots, poor reservation system”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Second trip to Choctaw Casino in the past few months. Rooms are very nice and clean with all the amenities. However last visit I had to wait three hours for room to be cleaned to check in. This visit they couldn't find my room reservation on their computer when I tried to check in even though I had my reservation number in my hand. When they finally did figure out the problem, they sent me up to the wrong type of room so had to wait until they found me another room. Was told the online and hotel computers were not in synch so I suggest if you need to make a reservation, call the hotel directly, don't use the online reservation system. But on the positive side, glad to see they finally have auto checkout thru the TV in your room. Found the $1 slots to be the tightest I've seen in OK, LA, and Vegas. Ran thru $500 in about 30 minutes. Ventilation system over tables is non-existent. No air movement at all, clouds of smoke from smokers just hung over the tables. Need a policy on having designated non smoking tables since the majority of people don‘t smoke. Dealer staff is young, neat and friendly but several need training on explaining the game rules to new players in a swift concise manner. Game stopped several times for several minutes while dealer tried to explain the game rules to several new players. I finally took over and explained the rules and got the game going again. Would help to have videos on a TV channel in the rooms or printed pamphlets at the entrances to explain the table game rules to new players. Food is great, staff was very friendly in hotel, casino and restaurants, but one tip, get a Players Card, they are free and have several perks, including free play on slots and discount to eat at the Butterfield buffet. Without one the buffet is pretty expensive. One thing I miss is there is no breakfast buffet offered at Butterfields except brunch on Sunday. If you stay at the hotel, make sure you ask for a high floor room unless you like the all night disco light show coming thru your window from the outside building spotlights flashing on the tower exterior.

Visited March 2013
7 Thank Rich M
Rich M,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Choctaw Casino Resort. We appreciate your feedback and especially your suggestions for improvement of service. We want every trip to Choctaw to be the best one yet so thank you for the opportunity to improve. Have a wonderful weekend and we'll look forward to your next stay with us.
Schwechat, Austria
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Typical Lame Indian Casino”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed at this casino for the Duck Dynasty show the Friday before the 2013 Super Bowl, and I cannot tell you how disappointed I was in this property. Yes, the rooms are the typical smoke-infused Indian casino hotel rooms that cost $275/night, the casino is large and nice, with a lot of tables and a short wait (if any) for a seat, but they invited quite possibly the hottest group in today's pop culture to perform, and the sold-out of tickets 6+ hours before they performed.

This tells me that this is a very poorly-run casino...and although it is the closest casino to Dallas, I will never stay there again. They had an empty large performance arena but had Duck Dynasty in their very small theater...plus they overcharged me by $10 on my dinner ticket....check your ticket and compare it to the charges! These Choctaw's will rob you blind, so watch it.

I will never gave these Choctaw's my business every again for their stupid and incompetent management. They will continue to get a lot of business due to their vicinity to Dallas, but none of said business will come from me. AVOID!

11 Thank Addicted_to_SBH
Carrollton Tx
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“My Wife and I Enjoy Making The Trips To Choctaw From Carrollton Tx”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Very nice place and rooms are great in Tower. Yes slots are very tight in winnings but I say keep trying and within time will change in trying the right slots. Been traveling to Choctaw for close to 2 years I can say its been worth it. So far winning last year a 4 figure pot and doing well so far in winning on President day picking 3 numbers and picking one. Told my wife my name will be called just wait before we leave back home and low and behold my name was called. Just have to believe I say and wait. But I do have to agree on one thing it is very smokey compared to other casinos for being a new casino. Food is good and everyone is very friendly. We do have reservations for St. Patrick's day weekend. Never heard of what it takes to get a VIP experience please send info if able. Plus we are staying for our 10yr Anniversary. Wanted to go to Las Vegas but do to having back surgery and having to wear a brace around my waist thought a lot of walking would do more harm than good on my lower back. So we hope for some good fun and a great time getting away an of course and a lot of luck. I do recommend for everyone to come out and stay or just come and have some fun at Choctaw. Thanks Daniel and Missy

Visited January 2013
5 Thank Daniel P
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Daniel & Missy,
I'm pleased to hear you had fun with us on President's Day and very excited that you are coming back for St. Patrick's Day weekend. Please visit our Player's Club to inquire about the benefits of becoming a VIP Guest at our casino. I would be happy to send you information as well. My email address is kathryn.decaire@choctawcasinos.com. Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary! Get well soon after your back surgery and thank you for taking the time to write a view. Have a wonderful weekend and we'll see you soon.
New Braunfels, TX
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Tight slots”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The slots here are amonthe tightest I have ever played including Vegas. The air handlers are poor and the smoke inside is horrrible. Do yourself a favor and make the 40 minute drive to WinStar

6 Thank CJHollandNBTX
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
CJHOLLAND, thank you for writing a review but I'm sorry to hear your last trip wasnt' satisfactory. Our total payouts for the month January were $22, 256,206. 91. Hopefully Lady Luck will be on your side in the future. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again in the future.