“My Wife and I Enjoy Making The Trips To Choctaw From Carrollton Tx”

Choctaw Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Durant
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Popular gaming facility features a variety of table games, high-stakes bingo and off-track betting.
Carrollton Tx
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“My Wife and I Enjoy Making The Trips To Choctaw From Carrollton Tx”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Very nice place and rooms are great in Tower. Yes slots are very tight in winnings but I say keep trying and within time will change in trying the right slots. Been traveling to Choctaw for close to 2 years I can say its been worth it. So far winning last year a 4 figure pot and doing well so far in winning on President day picking 3 numbers and picking one. Told my wife my name will be called just wait before we leave back home and low and behold my name was called. Just have to believe I say and wait. But I do have to agree on one thing it is very smokey compared to other casinos for being a new casino. Food is good and everyone is very friendly. We do have reservations for St. Patrick's day weekend. Never heard of what it takes to get a VIP experience please send info if able. Plus we are staying for our 10yr Anniversary. Wanted to go to Las Vegas but do to having back surgery and having to wear a brace around my waist thought a lot of walking would do more harm than good on my lower back. So we hope for some good fun and a great time getting away an of course and a lot of luck. I do recommend for everyone to come out and stay or just come and have some fun at Choctaw. Thanks Daniel and Missy

Visited January 2013
5 Thank Daniel P
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Daniel & Missy,
I'm pleased to hear you had fun with us on President's Day and very excited that you are coming back for St. Patrick's Day weekend. Please visit our Player's Club to inquire about the benefits of becoming a VIP Guest at our casino. I would be happy to send you information as well. My email address is kathryn.decaire@choctawcasinos.com. Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary! Get well soon after your back surgery and thank you for taking the time to write a view. Have a wonderful weekend and we'll see you soon.

New Braunfels, TX
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Tight slots”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The slots here are amonthe tightest I have ever played including Vegas. The air handlers are poor and the smoke inside is horrrible. Do yourself a favor and make the 40 minute drive to WinStar

6 Thank CJHollandNBTX
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
CJHOLLAND, thank you for writing a review but I'm sorry to hear your last trip wasnt' satisfactory. Our total payouts for the month January were $22, 256,206. 91. Hopefully Lady Luck will be on your side in the future. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again in the future.
Barnsley, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Good day out in Oklahoma”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Weather in Texas was not too great so we took a drive to Oklahoma and stopped by the casino. It was a little noisy and smoky but it didn't put us off. Free fountain drinks such as coke are available in the casino and there's cash machines and change machines all around. I spent 2 dollars on one machine and won 8 so just used that 8 dollars for the rest of the machines and was lucky enough to keep on winning. We noticed machines that were expensive but did have big payouts, we aren't daring enough to gamble big amounts but had fun. I recommend the buffet, it was only about 7 dollars with the players card, my one criticism was poor choice but service was good and our waitress was friendly. In total the casino cost me a 2 dollar tip so it was a very cheap day out.

5 Thank Richard H
Richard H,
Thank you for your wonderful review. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us at Choctaw Casino Resort and please come see us again. Rainy days, Sunny days or any day, we would be happy to have you.
lgdtexoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Tower Rooms are fantastic”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

1835 Steakhouse is great! Last night we were treated to a VIP DINNER. It was incredible. Beef Wellington, lobster, oysters, shrimp, lobster bisque, chocolate pyramid, champagne and strawberries! What a wonderful treat...Thank you Micky and Heather!

4 Thank lgdtexoma
I'm very pleased to hear you enjoyed your VIP experience. Thank you for taking the time to recognize our team. Everyone loves a pat on the back! We appreciate your wonderful review and look forward to your next visit.
Rockwall, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Overall we greatly enjoy Choctaw Durant”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Slots too tight and have gotten worse this last year. Love crab night at the buffet, 1832 Steakhouse is excellent, all facilities such as spa, gift shops, are always good to visit and render good service. The restaurants and fast food area is not desirable in my opinion and mostly always avoid them, Java ? Cup is needing to change up what they have to sell, regarding the food selection. The pastry are never good. Ice Cream at the Blue Moon in the newer section service has been very poor and the food is costly. Best restaurants by far is the steakhouse and the buffet. (sometimes the buffet is not great either.)

4 Thank KR0cks