“Poker”

Choctaw Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Durant
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Popular gaming facility features a variety of table games, high-stakes bingo and off-track betting.
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I have been playing @ choctaw for about 5 mths now,during august,sept,oct,nov.,i played between 3-6 days a week,i tried to beleive that the shuffling machines were not "set up",or "rigged",but to my dismay,they are.The shuffling machines are designed to increase the # of hands per hr and to increase the maximum rake. they are connected to computers, why would a casino pay such a large amt to rent these machines,the amount of four card flushes,runner,runner,suck outs are amazingly pathetic,the other nite,dec.19th,2012 to be exact,me and another guy counted 8 times in 1.5 hrs that the two ppl in the hand had the same hand,once they both had 88,88,then aa vs aa,,8 times!this is just ridiculous,only the house wins,also there was 3 times in a row that 5 spades hit the board,ace hi,seriously,what are the odds,i once flopped a set of 10's on a board of 10,k,2,i bet,he went all in,i call of course,he had ak,turn k,river ace,this happens every 15 mins.,i will never play at a casino that has shuffling machines again.And why dont they get used in trnys?

8  Thank richard f
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Richard F,
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I have spoke with our Poker Manager regarding your concerns and have researched Shufflemasters myself. There are many articles written that state that Shufflemasters improve dealer efficiency and allow tables to get more hands out. Our Manager is in agreeance of this and that is why we use them here at Choctaw Casino Resort. Again, thank you for writing your review because all feedback is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

As an avid slot player, I judge how many machines have been played, and how much money is made. I do not play just for fun. Like most I like to win. There are casinos that advertise loose slots that actually have loose slots. Choctaw Casino does not advertise loose slots, and believe me they are tighter than a drum at this casino. I have noticed most indian owned casinos I have played at are this way. Notice I said most. There are a few that pay, again Choctaw is not one of them. They have not learned the secret of having people come back on a regular basis. The solution is simple. Do you pay out one jackpot worth 100K or do you pay our 20 jackpots at 5k each. Give me a casino with this attitude, and I will show you regular players. If you are a slot player, go somewhere else to play, unless of course you like just giving away your money. Nuff said?

10  Thank UncleG55711
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

As our valued guest, we do appreciate all feedback. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I hope you have a wonderful holiday season & Happy New Year.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

The casino has lots of slot machines. I seem to do better with the older machines. The digital games dont seem to hit as often or pay out as much as the older games. The buffet is a good value. I paid $7.99 for lunch on a Friday with lots of choices and the food is fresh.

2  Thank Hansen97

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with a favorite type of slot machine. I appreciate you complimenting the variety of games we offer and pleased you enjoyed Butterfield's Buffet. I hope you'll make another trip to see us this holiday season.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Located in the Choctaw Resort, the Choctaw Inn is a little cheaper than the Grand Tower. The beds, pillows, bed and bath linens are very nice. This year I had Thanksgiving dinner at Butterfields Buffet for $9.99 and it was excellent. The hand carved honey bourbon glazed ham was best I have ever tasted. In addition to holiday favorites, the buffet included spaghetti squash chunky marinara, ravioli butternut squash, acorn roasted squash, and oysters on the half shell. Another lunch meal at Butterfields was $5.99 including the drink. Unbeatable and delicious. We ate at Dixon's grill a couple times also and it was consistently great. Lots of play time on the slots machines and I did win and spent half of it back. I really enjoy Choctaw and the 8th Annual Pow Wow at the Event Center was great. Will be there next year as well.

4  Thank Sharon M
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you for that fantastic review. I'm excited that you shared your Thanksgiving holiday with us and found everything to your liking. The Pow Wow is one of my favorite events we have each year. We look forward to seeing you again next Thanksgiving. Have a wonderful holiday season.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Nice Indian Casino, New Hotel, Lots of Machines. I have found it to have better payback on slots than most of the indian casinos. Good place to play texas holdem

3  Thank Steve P

SteveP, We appreciate your kind words regarding Choctaw Casino Resort. I'm pleased to hear you found our casino to have a great payback on slots. I know we have a machine calling your name! We hope to see you again soon.