“Not bad for OK”

Choctaw Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Durant
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Popular gaming facility features a variety of table games, high-stakes bingo and off-track betting.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

No dice on the craps table and no ball on the Roulette wheel. $0.50 Ante on every hand of Blackjack & Roulette that goes straight to the State of Oklahoma. Interesting...

3  Thank AMB69_11
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

AMB69_11,Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. It's true, the State of Oklahoma mandates that we need to charge an ante on Tablegames, we cannot use dice on Craps and we cannot use a ball on Roulette. We hope to get that changed in the future! We appreciate you trying out a different style of Tablegames at Choctaw Casino Resort and look foward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I am not a big gambler but have spent time in Vegas and in other casino/ hotels. This is one of the nicest places outside Vegas. The rooms are fantastic and would be a great place for a weekend getaway with that special person. Casino was very clean and I would highly recommend taking a trip there. Sign up for VIP card and it will save you money on the room!

4  Thank Shannon F

Shannon F, I highly anticipate your next visit so that your title will read "The BEST...Just as I Expected"! We appreciate you writing a review and sharing your amazing compliments. Have a wonderful week.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I only visit the casino on Fridays to participate in the all you can eat crab buffet. The crab is great. I don't really eat anything else on the menu.

5  Thank pokey9554

pokey9554, You're CRABTASTIC! Thank you for sharing your review. See you this Friday!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Although some of the other reviewers gave this a bad review, if you are a slot person like I am, it is worth the trip. I always win and a good amount!! Plus the perks of the players club are good, free rooms and free food. Have been 5 times now and we love it! It just up from the road from Dallas, they have valet parking or a parking tower. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very nice! It is definitely worth the trip! No free booze, but they do give you free nonalcoholic drinks!

2  Thank Margo M

Margo M, I'm so pleased to hear you enjoy your time with us. We greatly appreciate the opportunity to entertain you and celebrate every win! Thank you for your kind words regarding our team and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We have been to Choctaw Casino in Durant, OK many times. We've always stayed at either Choctaw Inn or what is now Choctaw Lodge (formerly Magnusson). On our last visit, we stayed at the new tower. The room was beautiful! They offer a buffalo shaped soap in the bathroom. I thought that was a nice touch. The bedding was SO comfortable and very welcome after a long night of gambling and imbibing. Choctaw offers the best Bloody Mary I have ever had. The crab legs at the Friday night buffet are the best. Even the pea salad on the salad bar was great. It might have even surpassed mine! And the bread pudding....I can't even describe. Like any casino, the wins are hit and miss. But we had a wonderful time there (as always).

1  Thank lapatrona54

I would love to be the Pea Salad Judge so feel free to make us some anytime! :) Your review was amazing and greatly appreciated. Have a wonderful week and come see us again soon.