“Fun Casino In Durant, OK”

Choctaw Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Durant
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Popular gaming facility features a variety of table games, high-stakes bingo and off-track betting.
Reviewed June 21, 2012

My wife and I visited this casino on the way back from Dallas while traveling on US 75 through Durant, OK. This casino is larger than the ones that we have in Tulsa. The slot machines are in two areas, North Casino and South Casino. The GOOD: 1. 4500 slot machines from which to choose. 2. We were able to play many machines that we desired despite visiting on a Friday evening. 3. There are numerous restaurants, from snack shop to formal dining. 4. We were given $10 free play for signing up for a player’s card. 5. The machines seem to pay pretty good. 6. My wife won $600 on a 45 cent bet. 7. Drink stations are available to soft drink or coffee at your leisure. 8. The air quality was pretty good. 9. There are a variety of other events available without being a guest at the hotel. 10. My wife tells me that the commodes in the ladies restrooms have automatic seat cover placement and removal for each user (WOW!) The BAD: Finding an ATM can be difficult. The UGLY: The route to enter the casino if you miss the exit while traveling from the south.

TIP: Take note of which entrance that you entered.

2  Thank AlphaRam
There are newer reviews for Choctaw Casino Resort

Reviewed June 21, 2012

See the commercials so thought we would check this place out. We are not drinkers but I will get one drink if they are reasonable or free. Here they charge Example: $8.50 for a White Russian. On the good side I did not really see too many people intoxicated. They did have a free drink station with soda, Ice Tea and Average Coffee. We are not smokers, so they do allow them if you you prefer nonsmoking Casinos. It was big enough to not have it in your face unless you got unlucky sitting next to someone with a cigarette. Games were fun and most the time we were able to stay on a machine for awhile. We were not winners but did sit next to two ladies who won $600.00 and $200.00 playing maximums. We would go back.

3  Thank dachsiesntexas
Reviewed June 16, 2012

It is very nice looking. Seats are comfortable. Food is good.
If you stay in the resort part, they have everything. Large, beautiful pool, spas (nails, pedicures, massages, hair dressers, hot tubs, and anything else you can think of.

4  Thank missglance
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Clean busy friendly staff. No non smoking areas so if you have allergies don't come here on the weekend. Seems chain smokers love to gamble. Non Smokers beware you may need an oxygen mask there's no place to hide from the smoke. You'll have to shower and wash you hair and wash everything you wore or you'll sgnk up your car, hotel room and home. They even allow cigars in the Casino which is really nasty. Good Luck.

5  Thank mbs14
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I have been playing at Choctaw a loong time but no more!!! I have had it with the service and the comps and especially one rude VIP host named Amber!! I truely think the money give aways are rigged! When you had to fill out a entry for the contest... My husband and I would win occasionaly... Now they have an electronic system that is supposed to be random however during the new year drawings one guy was called twice within three hours and a mother and daighter both won one right after the other :( We are diamond members and have spent a lot of money at Choctaw and get treated worse and worse as time goes on and they keep changing the comp system to where we can not even get a free meal without practically graveling at thier feet! Also foind out we can no longer get free rooms based on our play because they are saving them for people who live 60 miles or more away... Even if they are not big gamblers!!! As a Diamond member I get $25 freeplay... Whoop whoop! Really??? Harrahs flies me to any casino I want. Gives me five free nights. $100 food credit and $400 freeplay!!! And I spent about a third at Harrahs last year... of what I spent at Choctaw!!!!

13  Thank Cindy596