“Thank goodness we stopped!”

Main Street Barbecue
Ranked #1 of 74 Restaurants in Durant
Cuisines: Barbecue
Portage,IN
“Thank goodness we stopped!”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

While on our drive from Indiana to Dallas to the Final Four, we couldn't wait til we got there to try some authentic BBQ. Hit up my app and found this place....all I can say is WOW! I wasn't sure what to expect from a small town in OK, but man was this good! It was lunch time, and the place was hopping, so I knew that was a good sign. Very nice, clean place...the service was INCREDIBLE...I wasnt sure who our waitress was, because I was contantly being helped for refills, etc. Loved that.

Oh...yeah...the food.....perfect....got brisket and pulled pork. I was in BBQ heaven! Very reasonably priced too!

• Visited April 2014

Kansas City, MO
“Really Good BBQ!, Zippy Sauce!!”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

A friend recommended this out of the way Q-spot. We arrived for late lunch on a Sunday. The dining room was crowded and the smell of smoled meats hung in the air. We examined the menu-prices seemed low, so we ordered the "8 rib" dinners with 2 sides. Friendly service was reasonably fast for busy Sunday. Dinners came shorlty and were quite substantial. Ribs had a good "smoke ring" and very good flavor. The sauces were tasty, the "Hot" was zippy and delicous. I ordered the pinot beans and waffle fries. Pintos were very good. Kitchen ran out of waffle fries and substituted krinkle fries instead-no flavor. I requested sweet potato fries instead, not satisfied with the substitution. Only negative = the sweet potato fries came out late and started to go cold already, yuk! I saw a diner order what appeared to be a baked potato stuffed with chopped brisket or pulled pork. WOW! I know what to get next time. We each took home half our leftover ribs.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank peteroo820
Austin,TX
“Lunch at Main Street”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I love BBQ, and we have some in Austin that is really good. So I was surprised by Main St. The BBG was very good and the services was excellent....

Visited December 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
“The Best BBQ! ”
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

They have incredible pulled pork, the best I've ever had. Also everyone must try the spicy fried green beans. Wonderful! Best food and great value.

Miami , Ok
“Neat Downtown Restaurant”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

On our way to Dallas we stopped in Durant for some lunch at Mainstreet BBQ. We had a combo plate for 2 and added a huge baked potato and some waffle fries. The brisket and ribs were really good. This plate also had pulled pork and 2 kinds of sausage on it. The building is an old brick building with an open concept dining plan. Really neat! This restaurant is easy to get to off of hwy 69 south.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank bgo

Been to Main Street Barbecue? Share your experiences!