“Oil field workers "living" here”

Quality Inn & Suites Durant
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Durant
Lindale, Texas
“Oil field workers "living" here”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed here four nights. First couple of nights were okay, although the breakfast left a lot to be desired. On the third night, or early morning of the next day, we were awakened by noxious fumes entering room through the A/C from a diesel truck idling right outside our window. It was backed into the parking space and blowing diesel fumes directly into our A/C. Turned off A/C and notified front desk. They said they didn't know who the driver was to contact him...he was not in the truck. They said that five oil field companies were living at the hotel and that they idle their trucks while they go to breakfast. We opened up our room and had a fan brought in to blow fumes out into hallway. We left the hotel for the day shortly after that, but there were still fumes in our room. When we came back that evening our room had not been serviced. We asked why and they checked the log. Housekeeping had made a note to clean it "later" but never came back. No explanation, but I can imagine it may have been because of the fumes in the room.

That night when we returned to the hotel there were NO PARKING SPACES left for us to park. The front desk clerk said that was a problem "every weekend". There were quite a number of large diesel work trucks parked in the lot (from the oil field workers) and spaces were so narrow that they were parked over the lines, preventing anyone from using the adjoining spaces. The desk clerk said that there was a truck parking lot across the street that we could use. We asked why the trucks in their lot were not parked across the street and she said that the oil field workers did not like to park across the street. I refused to park over there and just left my vehicle next to the curb outside the front door. I told the desk clerk that it was my car and it better not be towed. Also, that night there was another truck backed in right outside our window. We asked the desk clerk to put a note on the window asking them to please move the truck somewhere else to idle it in the morning. (The truck that had been there the previous night was parked on the grass beside the swimming pool.)

Also, this property has no elevator. Last year I stayed here and was upstairs. As a musician I carry a lot of instruments in addition to my luggage. It was a real pain carrying everything up and down the stairs. This time I was able to get a downstairs room, but then had the issues with the diesel fumes, so I will NOT be staying here again!

Room Tip: No elevator....
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank segehring

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Plano, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Attractive, clean, comfortable room. Excellent breakfast. Small problems - the bed was so tall that when I sat on the edge my feet did not touch the floor. Check in desk is so tall it was up to my shoulders and so wide I could not reach across. I don't know how they deal with people in wheelchairs, or Little People. Need to cut out a part of the desk. No elevator to 2nd floor. Otherwise, is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Well, first off, I knew when we made reservations that we'd only be at the hotel for a very short period of time, so I chose this hotel due to the price for a name brand hotel. So that was a plus! Since we came in late, we went to get a cup of coffee before going to our room since it's advertised that there's coffee 24 hrs a day. Not a pleasant cup, for sure. When we opened the door to our hotel room 130, we could hear a very loud buzzing of the AC. I'm talking a very loud buzzing! We called to change rooms, but were informed that the hotel was fully booked. The room was very cold, so we turned off the whole ac unit. Thankfully, we didn't get too hot, so it turned out ok. I can not believe that the housekeeping had not reported the ac situation. Management needs to take note and get it fixed. The beds were comfortable and had several pillows. Everything else in the room was ok. We did hear foot noise from the room above us just like other reviews have mentioned. Breakfast was nothing to brag about. The dining area and food area was very small. Everyone ate about the same time....so it was very crowded. All in all, next year, we will spend more $ and stay at another hotel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank texascouple25
Hagerstown, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived the front desk clerk was smoking a cigarette at the front entrance and stopped in order to check us in.

The room was nice, clean and cool. Breakfast was ok and the staff person in the breakfast room was very diligent.

I would stay there again even though my initial impression wasn't so great.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Sherman, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a week in July. The rooms were very clean, air was very cold in the room, pool was clean. They even had a grill by the pool, nice since I was there a week. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast had a variety, fruit oatmeal, sausage, eggs, gravy and waffels. I would stay there again and would recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jeanine J
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed here last night for 1 day and couldn't have been more pleased. I contacted the hotel yesterday and asked if there were any discounts for drivers. The woman who answered graciously offered When I arrived though, she did find a little room for me to park along the northside of the hotel. She was cordial and accomodated me very promptly. I was pleasantly surprised to see the cleanliness of the room. It smelled nice and fresh upon entering the room and everything was organized. The bathroom was immaculate and the bed looked to be very appealing upon first sight. And it was. It was plush and comfortable and looked great! (See pictures). There was a 42 inch LG flat screen sitting atop the cabinet along with a micro and a fridge located directly beneath. The fridge and microwave worked great and were also very clean. I indulged in their free breakfast this morning and was more than pleased. They offer sausage, eggs, muffins, bagels, yogurt, fruit, coffee, and a variety of juices. I was quite satisfied with my stay there last night and hope to visit again sometime soon. FYI...weekends are a lot more expensive because of their close proximity to the Choctaw Casino (The casino offers free shuttles back and forth in case anyone is interested). Thanks.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Dave A
Mascoutah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed at hotel over night while visiting family. The beds were amazing. Soft and a lot of pillows. It was VERY quiet and the bathroom was immaculate!!! Value for what we got....AMAZING. We had a toddler with us and I was happy to see that there was a HOT breakfast for the big people too!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durant
BEST WESTERN Markita Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Durant
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant
Hampton Inn and Suites - Durant
Best Express Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Denison

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Durant? Share your experiences!