“nice hotel”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Durant
texas
“nice hotel”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

This is your typical Choice hotel with the normal offerings. Is close to casino and downtown area. Have stayed here multiple times and always found it clean and neat. Friendly staff on all visits

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We were on our way from Texas to Ohio and Durant was a good place to stop along the way. Also I noted there was a casino nearby for a little fun. When we drove up this looked like a very ordinary Comfort Inn and was pretty plain on the outside. Any concern were erased when we entered a nice lobby and a very friendly welcome from Melissa at the front desk. She was so upbeat and accommodating that I just had to ask her name for this review. Her friendly welcome totally put us at ease. She not only quickly handled our room assignment but arranged a casino shuttle so we did not have to drive and also promised fresh baked cookies later on that evening. And I might add she delivered on all promises including a call to our room when the cookies were ready.

I'm never totally satisfied until I actually see the room. In this case we were in room with a king bed plus an extra sitting area with a fridge, microwave, work desk and flat screen TV. The room was very and nicely appointed and the bed was great. The only negative for me was that there was so much furniture in the room it restricted the moving around room a bit, although the furniture was nice. The bathroom was roomy and very clean as well.

My wife went to casino on the shuttle and I was going to go out for a movie until I discovered there were three HBO channels with some great movie selections. I saw two good movies so no need to go out.

All in all this was a pleasant stay and a very good value for the money. In addition to the nice room Melissa made the stay even more pleasant with her assistance and ever pleasant demeanor. If you are passing by this way don't hesitate to stop here for the night.

Room Tip: Go for the king room with the extra sitting area.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jwkinggaic
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We got there very late and the desk service was nice. The romm was fine...it is set up in a motel style. We drove and parked right by our room. The room was fine but a bit dated. It was clean and that is important! The only unfortunate thing is that we were on the backside of the motel that faced the highway and the road noise was ridiculously loud.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the highway are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ZealousWanderer
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Inn during early December. I am a Choice Priviledges member and always try to earn points during my business travel. The hotel was clean and the employees and managers were very nice. They directed me to a great Mexican restaurant and to the local casino. The rooms were nicely updated and the breakfast was okay...but hey it was free. This Comfort Inn was better than some of the others and the staff made me feel welcome.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Dale R
Minnesota
Reviewed November 18, 2011

This was a great place to stay. The Girl at the front desk was friendly and courteous, the room was comfortable and very clean and they had a very good breakfast. The girl at the front desk baked a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies for an evening snack for the guests to enjoy.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank ML917
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Us and several other travelers arrived all at once creating a lineup. We were the 4th in line, but the desk clerk processed those ahead of us (and us) in an efficient and timely manner. We were in our room in a matter of a few short minutes. Our king room seemed dark due to the curtains being drawn to keep it cool. The A C in our room was one of the best I have come across. It was set on low cool and I never changed that. Even though it was 100+ outside, we were kept way cool and barely heard the unit run. The room was nice and clean, sizable and well furnished, also had a micro and fridge. For a full-house on a Saturday night, the hotel was surprisingly quiet. Breakfast was the usual Comfort Inn fare, although light on fruit. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheGreatTheo
OKC
Reviewed August 8, 2011

While planning a 3-day workshop the hotel gave us an excellent price for lodging. The workshop actually was provided at a different location so I cannot comment on the amenities/prices for conference rooms, catering, etc. However, I can say that despite us making arrangements for other services elsewhere, the staff had cookies available for our guests as they arrived as well as emailing us to inquire if there was anything else they could do for us. I felt that they really went above and beyond to insure our guests were comfortable and enjoyed their stay.

The business/sales office staff are easy to work with and quick to address any concerns or issues you may have. I definitely would recommend and will use this facility again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank OkieOnTheGo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durant
Best Western Markita Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Durant
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant
Hampton Inn and Suites - Durant
Best Express Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Denison

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Durant? Share your experiences!