“Amazing Place”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Durant
Frisco, Texas
“Amazing Place”
Reviewed January 18, 2011

I am very picky about hotels. I have been to Vegas many times and this is very comparable to the vegas experience. The Hotel is the perfect size. Large enough to not get bored and small enough not to become exhausting like some in Vegas. I paid a rate of $99/night and felt I got more than my moneys worth. The room felt brand new and was so clean. every inch was spotless even the baseboards. I have stayed in the penthouse suite at THEHotel at Mandalay Bay and at the Golden Nugget and I have to say for a standard room, it was just as comfortable. It is not a large room, but the space plan worked well. The bathroom is large though. I loved the glass walk in rain shower. There is no bathtub, but I prefer a shower because I am creeped out by touching things like shower curtain in a hotel.Getting ready in the bathroom was just as comfortable as some suites I have stayed in. They have great bath products and a cool buffalo carved soap thats makes a cool souvenir.
As far as the room, the bed was so comfortable to watch the giant flat screen from. There are built in hookups for everything you can imagine, even HDMI. The heating/AC system was awesome and worked fast. The safe is large enough for a laptop and a big camera bag. Everything is new and beautiful through out the Hotel and hall ways. You have to check out the indoor pool, it is beautiful at night with all the lighting. Its heated and very warm in there. The gambling is average, we won some, we lost some. but there a ton of slots to choose from. Tomatillos restaurant was some of the best Mexican food I have had. All the food in the Hotel is very reasonably priced, even the room service menu is about the cheapest I have seen in a hotel. The valet service was fast and it is also free if you are hotel guest. I can't wait to stay stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Realtx

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
arkansas
Reviewed January 11, 2011

On our trip back from Lackland AFB graduation we ran into some pretty nasty winter weather..stopped in Choctaw to stay overnight and start again in the morning...staff was friendly as well as at that time valet parking was complimentary...they didn't have the room size that we needed but brought us up cots to our room at no extra charge...in fact they were in our room before we got there..wonderful service very clean hotel would definately stay there again

thanks

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank barrelmom96
Plano, Texas
Reviewed January 9, 2011

The rooms at this hotel are really nice. The price is excellent. I have stayed in rooms twice the price and not near as nice!

• Stayed January 2011
2 Thank elbtravel1
Durant, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 8, 2011

Take your money and flush it down the toilet before you go to any Choctaw casino..especially the Durant casino resort. Machines DO NOT pay it is a total waste of money and time to go. Save your money for retirement and the tough economy instead or give it to a worthy charity or your family.

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
9 Thank romeoh616
Oklahoma
Reviewed December 9, 2010

Check-in at hotel was easy and fast. Rooms were great. Steakhouse restaurant was as good as any I've been to. Restaurant staff was great and happy to serve wine to us at closing time. Liquor is available now in the bar and restaurant. . Event Center is lacking in amenities....folding chairs aren't that comfortable. Bellamy brothers were wonderful......made me forget that I was sitting on hard metal. A really fun night and we don't gamble. As nice as Las Vegas. Smoky casino.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mamasans
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 4, 2010

What a pleasant surprise! This hotel is easily a 4-star in my book. Check in was delightful and quick, the hallways to the rooms are well-appointed. The rooms are beautifuuly decorated and wonderfully clean. Even if you don't gamble, this is a pleasant getaway and there are other venues such as entertainment, golf, fishing and boating etc. Very courteous, very clean and very upscale.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank itkah
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 21, 2010

I totally forgot to post this review after I went!! A girlfriend and I went for a 2 night escape in August 2010. We had a wonderful time and can't wait to get back! We totally felt like we were at a resort/casino vacation far away and not just an hour and a half from home! Saved tons on airfare!!!

The resort pool was out of this world! Great resort feel and really big. There are several pool areas and even an adults area with a swim up bar! There is 3 hot tub areas sprinkled throughout the pools, a water slide, water fall and ease in beach type area. There is also a huge screen for night time movies and the pool is lit up. There is also another pool closer to the hotel that flows indoors too. It is really big and plenty of areas both in and out to lay/sit around.

The casino was really nice and big, but not too big that you would get lost. It really made me feel like I was in Vegas! There's an older casino and a new one. Around the casino are several restaurants and fast food areas that were all great!

The spa was also wonderful and very affordable, don’t miss it!!

The rooms were beautiful! We had a corner suite and it was the best room! Very nice large bathroom area with great toiletries. The room also has a safe which was really nice and a coffee service.

This was a great girl's getaway that was VERY affordable! I can't wait to go back for a family weekend, girls weekend or hubby/me getaway!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank gottavacation
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Durant
Best Western Markita Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant
Best Express Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn and Suites - Durant
Quality Inn & Suites Durant

Been to Choctaw Casino Resort? Share your experiences!