“most enjoyable stay”

Choctaw Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Durant
Reviewed January 22, 2014

we had the most enjoyable stay at your hotel. everyone was so very nice and helpful. we even won money at the casino. the rooms were clean and tidy and smelled good. thank you so much.the price of the room was resonable and getting sunday comped was great.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you, Shirley! We appreciate the opportunity to have you as our guest. Please come see us again soon.

There are newer reviews for Choctaw Casino Resort

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Overall the hotel & casino are worth a overnight or weekend getaway with family or friends. Enjoyed the New Years Eve festivities. I'm not a slot player nor a fan of the pay to play for craps, roulette & blackjack. We went with family & had comped rooms thanks to my sister. Personally since I don't do slots I would drive 3 1/2 hours to Shreveport to play table games in lieu of the one hour drive from Mckinney to Durant,OK. Roulette is not played with a ball but, with cards on the wheel. Craps is played with cards as well in addition to paying 50 cents each play for craps roulette & blackjack. Just have a hard time paying someone to take my money with the odds already in the houses favor.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your New Year's experience. We greatly appreciate your recommendation. Have a wonderful week and please come see us again soon.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

My two night complimentary stay in a lovely suite was prefect setting to bring in the New year's. from valet parking to easy checkin, check out, it was a stay with first class ammendities. Hotel staff are 100 percent customer pleasers. i would definitely stay there again and again.

Room Tip: All rooms are very comfortable

Mary,
You're the best! Thank you so much for the amazing compliments. We look forward to your next visit. Please come see us again soon.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Husband and I drove 6 hours to Dallas and decided at the last minute to visit the casino. Although half the casino was open(other half under renovation) there was plenty of slots. Payout was better than most. After raving to my sister, I (we) went back the next weekend staying at the hotel. Staff was very accomodating. Even had a wonderful breakfast in bed - so much food!! Then, my husband and I went back for thirds in Dec 2013. We had a blast and had breakfast in bed again. Now that the casino has completed its renovation, we are planning another trip in Feb or Mar 2014. (another 6 hour drive) Can't wait.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Judy,
Thank you! We greatly appreciate your amazing compliments. I'm pleased to hear your are coming back to see us again. Have a safe trip & a great week.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Drove up from Dallas on Christmas afternoon and was horribly disappointed. Would have had a better meal at Denny's! For a $24.95 per person buffet, I would rank it as the 2nd worst casino buffet I've ever gone to. There was no shrimp cocktail, only bad ham at the carving station, the turkey was dry, few veggies and there wasn't one desert worth eating. I hope Choctaw makes good on this as I will never be back!

5  Thank cclakeman
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on our way to Dallas. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were fabulous, I felt like i was staying at a 5 star resort! There were several restaurants to eat at or grab a snack or coffee throughout the day/night. I am not much for gambling, but by husband enjoyed himself. I would definitely stay here again.

2  Thank Brittany C
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Brittany C.,
Thank you very much for your amazing review. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit. Have a very Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 20, 2013

The slot machines are not working right as of late. I have gone there more than 10 times the last 40 days and have walked in on problems. One day the machine and casino kept losing power. Needless to say with that problem the payouts sucked. This week there were server and network issues. The payouts were minimal. Today 12/20/13 the computers kept freezing up every few spins. Yesterday was the network issues and multiple machines were shut down. They moved some computers so I guess that is the problem but they have not fixed them and it is irritating plus the payouts suck.
The bonuses are few lately the last two months. I have been to winstar once but have been hearing many people talking about it lately. I like Choctaw but I am considering trying Winstar and if I like it I won't be back to Choctaw until they get the construction and problems fixed with the network so at least I don't have to be irritated with computer problems while trying to gamble. I go for the thrill sometimes but I like a rhythm when I play and the machine freezing does not allow me to enjoy my session.
It is a nice casino in Durant Ok but right now they need to get the problems fixed. I look forward to when the other side opens back up and the network problems go away.
The hotel tower is nice and the rooms are okay but a casino resort is for gambling and if I can't enjoy that why even go?

Room Tip: The rooms connected to the casino are a problem with the construction right now closing off part of...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
8  Thank SLOTMANN2013

Good Afternoon, SlotMann2013.
Our South casino has opened and we are good to go. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you come experience our new and improved casino in the near future. Have very Happy New Year!
Kat DeCaire

Also consider these accommodations in or near Durant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Durant
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant
Best Western Markita Inn
Hampton Inn and Suites - Durant
Best Express Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites Durant

Been to Choctaw Casino Resort? Share your experiences!