All reviews spa tower blue moon slot machines movie theater pool area bowling alley table games swim up bar laser tag players club players card food court casino resort crab legs play slots valet service choctaw casino
Reviewed March 16, 2013

They are gone! I always liked that especially since you see people leaving without washing their hands. the rooms are awesome and the food at the blue moon is great, in the year I have been going I have only come across one unfriendly staff person. I love it just wish the slots would tease a little more!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank peggykh13
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you for writing a review and your kind words about our Hotel & Blue Moon restaurant. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We have stayed here several times. The tower rooms are awesome although a bit pricey! Clean rooms and the beds are very comfortable. Love the large bathroom and especially the lighted makeup mirror!! I just hate to pay close to $200 a night for a room that your hardly in. Sometimes we'll get offers for free rooms but they have always been Sun-Thur when we can't come. We have not stayed at the Inn yet but I did go over and take a look at them while the maid was cleaning and they look like a typical hotel room. I would not hesitate to stay at the Inn sometime. On this trip we visited in February, so we weren't able to take advantage of the pool. Probably won't come back unless it is warm enough to take advantage of the pool. Only because if the slots are tight, which they were, there is not a whole lot to do. They do have an indoor pool, however the water was pretty cold and there was no one in there. They have hot tubs too but so cold when you get out in the cold weather seasons. Would like to see them add more restaurants. The buffet is just ok. Don't care for the food at the Blue Moon Cafe and that is really about the only place to eat a sit down breakfast. Gilleys was pretty good. Enjoyed playing the slot machines right outside Gilleys so you can hear the live music in the evening. The only con to staying here would be that there isn't much to do around the casino. I think the movie theater and shopping is about 30 mins at least away. So bring LOTS of money! But if your staying when the pool is open, it is awesome!! LOVE the pool area! Movies by the pool too in the summer. I would recommend this hotel/casino in spring or summer!!

Room tip: Best time to come is when it's warm enough for the pool activities!!
Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Oklatraveler

Oklatraveler,
I completely agree with you. We are so ready for hot weather & great times at our Oasis! Thank you for writing a review and we'll look forward to seeing you again when it warms up.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Great hotel w great location but casino is strange. No dice allowed in ok. They use cards on craps tables. The restaurant variety is average. The casino serves no free drinks. No alcohol allowed on premises from guests.

3  Thank larryw683

LarryW,
I adore your profile picture and appreciate you telling us about your experience. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We took 4 days to just get away 2 nights @ winstar & 2 nights @ choctaw. We love choctaw for the friendlyness,cleanliness,rooms over all it's just a very nice place. As soon as something goes wrong at one of the machines they are there fast. You always have nice clean ashtrays where ever you set, the machines are being wiped down all the time. We love the Butterfield buffet the food is always fresh the staff is wonderful the price is unbeleiveable. I just can't say enought about it I would have to go over the 200 character minimum but if you want to go to a nice clean friendly casino go to the choctaw casino & resort you will not be disappointed if so it is your owe fault.

Room tip: higher rooms have less noise less noise away from eleavators also
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank veraClydeTx

VeraClydeTX,
I Love Love Love your review! I can't wait to share it with our Choctaw Team. Thank you very much! Please come see us again soon & have a wonderful week.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Made a hard trip to meet family and enjoy a one-night stay at Choctaw Casino Resort for Spring Break. Left at 3:00 am to arrive before 9:00 am and enjoy maximum casino time. I had a great time! BEST of all was the game time and play I received for my money. I sought slot tips and myth busters before my trip and I read some bad reviews on the tight machines at Choctaw Durant; that was NOT my experience this time nor in the past. I consider really enjoying my plays and the give and take a realistic expectation of playing slots but I have left with winnings before and paid for my trip but this trip involved EXTENSIVE play time and I actually left with 38% of my gambling money.

Aside from Choctaw about 5 times, I have only been to two Louisiana casinos before; both of which are closer to me than Choctaw. There is no comparison and the free drinks the other casinos offer are not enticement enough for me. I had no problem paying for my dry martini and Budweiser ($11.25 before tip). I am glad I had experienced Choctaw first. I tell others the longer trip is worth it on every level (cleanliness, suites, game play, variety, and hospitable staff).

• Trip type: Traveled solo
6  Thank 457LisaC
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Wow! That review was awesome and very much appreciated. Have an amazing Spring Break and thank you for choosing Choctaw Casino Resort as your place to play.