“HOTEL TO THE RESCUE”

Choctaw Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Durant
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I brought my 11 year old granddaughter to enjoy the outdoor fun. The grounds are so well groomed and clean. Kids are welcome and mine enjoyed it more than I. However, upon checking out, I had a problem (misunderstanding) with the players club denying to comp my second night. I was embarrased and angry because I did not count on paying $100 for a room. The player's club was not very nice, but the hotel came to my rescue and picked up the room for me. Never had ANY problems of ANY kind with the club or hotel before or since. Thanks for coming to my rescue.

Room Tip: Some king rooms are very small. Two queen beds are more comfortable.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Carolyn,
Thank you for the outstanding score! We appreciate your review and fine compliments. I apologize for the misunderstanding and our Hotel & Player's Club team has looked into the situation and trained accordingly so that this oversight is not repeated. Thank you for choosing Choctaw Casino Resort and we very much look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

My husband and I visited on December 30th for the night. The casino was packed for the New Year's weekend giveaways. The machines were paying off and I did win several small jackpots and a few larger ones. All you heard all night was slot machine bells. Considering the large amount of patrons on that night, check-in was fast, casino floor was very clean and there were lots of very happy people everywhere. The self serve beverage station stayed well stocked and clean. The king room in the tower is awesome. Pillow top bed that is like sleeping on a cloud. I love the extra large shower in these rooms!!! As always, the maid staff greet you with a big smile, which is always nice. All of the hotel personnel on the casino floor greeted us with a big smile, even the cleaning people on the floor. Judging from the employees, it must be a great place to work.....because everyone seems so happy. With such pleasant people all around, this is the place I want to be. I did get a chance to chat with one of the managers on this visit. Sarah Stanfield also shared the overall love of her job and is an absolute awesome customer service manager. Everything about this hotel & casino is top notch, and I am looking forward to returning very soon. Happy gambling my friends!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rhonda777
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Rhonda,
Your review has made my day! Our team was very excited to hear your stay was top notch. Our Hotel Team & Sarah absolutely appreciate the shout out and pat on the back for their hard work. New Year's was a fun holiday but Guests like you make it GREAT and well worth it.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

My girlfriend and I usually travel here at least once a month. The place is clean and the free soda is always great. The poker room is really nice with good service and dealers. They also host some pretty big tournaments here throughout the year and I usually try to play in at least one smaller event. I love Cash Spin and the electronic roulette tables! There are plenty of slots to choose from with lots of great options. The buffet is alot better with a few more healthy options than the Winstar buffet, and its cheaper too; especially with the players card discount! I just wish you could have real roulette and craps without using cards!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Andrew,
Thank you for your amazing review. We appreciate your kind words regarding our Poker room and all around great time you have with us. Our team loves to read reviews like this. We look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Carpets in hallways and rooms are looking like they haven't been shampooed in a LONG time. Employees are all typically very friendly. Food is not up to par with a 4 diamond hotel. Slots pay out isn't good. Prices on rooms have nearly doubled since opening and room comps are not existent! I spend A LOT of money and haven't had a comp in well over a year, only discounts at the inn. I recently went to Winstar and although it was much dirtier in casino area, payout much better!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Bob W
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Bob W, We appreciate your feedback because it is the best tool we receive to improve your casino experience at Choctaw Casino Resort. We value all of our guests and hold your opinion at the highest regard. I do appreciate your compliements to our team and the cleanliness of our resort. I suggest stopping by our Player's Club on your next visit to ensure you are receiving every reward possible. Again, thank you for your review. Have a wonderful holiday season and a very Happy New Year.
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

beautiful furnishings, lovely heated saltwater pool, spa with 6 headed shower, my only recommendations for improvement are 1. a shower area in the pool (not just for spa partisans) and 2. an attitude adjustment for the valet guys

• Stayed: December 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review and share your recommendations. I apologize for any frustration our Valet team may have caused. Guest Service is at the forefront of everything we do so I appreciate you bringing it to my attention so that our Management Team may address that immediately. Happy Holidays & Happy New Year!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Excellent King room in the tower except for the flashing lights outside! The Buffet was excellent as well as the Blue Moon Cafe...Lots of fun playing the slots. The Casino floor is large and there are many games to be played.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that does not have flashing lights outside the window.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank travelcouple01
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Travelcouple01, I'm please to hear you enjoyed your time with us at Choctaw Casino Resort. I'll be sure to let our Blue Moon Cafe and Butterfield's Buffet know about your amazing compliments. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Enjoyed one night stay on the 4th floor in a king non-smoking tower room. Very impressed with the modern decor of the large size room. The bed was comfortable, and I really loved the titled walk in shower, with good water pressure in the bathroom The food at the buffet was good with many selections of food items available. Beautiful property and friendly helpful staff. This was our first trip but won't be our last, already looking forward to our return visit.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank spicemixer
Kathryn D, Manager at Choctaw Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you, Spicemixer! We appreciate your compliments and are very pleased your stay with us was an enjoyable one. We understand there are many options when choosing a place to stay, relax & play so we are very excited you chose us. Our team is looking forward to your next visit.
Guest Services Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Durant
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant
Best Western Markita Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Durant
Hampton Inn and Suites - Durant
Best Express Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites Durant

Been to Choctaw Casino Resort? Share your experiences!