“Nice hotel, horrible Internet availability.”

Hampton Inn and Suites - Durant
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Durant
Durant, United States
“Nice hotel, horrible Internet availability.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

No worries on all other features with this hotel. Very nice Hampton Inn. Neat, clean and lovely lobby. I work with the internet to support hospitals care for their patients. Especially Emergency Room patients. This hotels internet download is about dial up modem rate and unstable. I stayed 4 nights and it was always very poor.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Danthony917, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites - Durant, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Hello, First I would like to thank you for the great review about our
hotel. Also, I understand about the internet connectivity and we are
currently working on the upgrade so this is no longer an issue.
I do apologize and know how frustrating this can be. Hopefully
this will get resolved soon and hope to see you again in the future!!
Thanks again!
Debbie Anthony

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Durant, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Hampton Inn & Suites was Excellent, the rooms were clean and spacious. It was great for me and my family and the kids really enjoyed the big pretty rooms. The staff was so polite and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to everyone it was well worth it.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello! Thank you very much for the great remarks about the
Hampton Inn & Suites, Durant, OK. We are very glad that you
all enjoyed your stay so much and hope to see you again in
the future!! Thanks again!!
Debbie Anthony
Bryan, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

My Mother & I stayed at this hotel to attend a funeral. I booked via phone and had to call back to get an adjusted price after learning they had an agreement on pricing with the local funeral home. Check-In was a breeze when I arrived. My keycards were waiting on me and all the paperwork was done. I found the room to be extremely clean and, this is a 1st, about 10 minutes after getting to the room the front desk called to make sure the room was satisfactory. Wow...

The included breakfast was typical for a Hampton. I have to say the powdered egglike stuff they serve was overdone and inedible, but the fruit was really good. Totally made up for the "eggs". :)

Overall very satisfied and I would stay there again.

Plano, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Family matters will bring us to Oklahoma from time to time and on our most recent trip we needed to spend the night for a funeral. On a day with tears and sadness everywhere, this hotel was a true oasis with friendly smiles and sincere staff surrounded by clean and up-to-date accommodations. We managed to screw up our own reservation and walked into a king room when we needed two beds. Even though the hotel was at capacity, the hotel's team jumped into action to help us at a very late hour. What a great experience! We had a great night's sleep and set off to continue to our funeral after a decent, complimentary, breakfast. All in all a great experience on a sad trip!

Jamesport, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We traveled over 600 miles that day and were ready to drop. We were warmly welcomed and our room was even better than we anticipated. I love Hampton Inns!! This one didn't disappoint. Our room was clean, quiet and relaxing. Our breakfast was good, as usual. Thank you Hampton Inn of Durant, Oklahoma.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Texarkana, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was there on business and everyone was so polite and was willing to answer any questions that I had. The breakfast was terrific, and very clean eating area. I just had a great time. This was my second stay here at the Hampton. And it was the best. The location was just right. You can walk to eating places and wal-mart. It is Great!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Waco, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

this is a great hotel = comfy beds, clean, quite and relaxing. contiental breakfast was gross but its free. came here due to a funeral. I love staying at Hampton Inns and always seem clean and relaxing. No smoking room was actually a no smoking room - hard to find sometimes. Had other family staying at Best Western and Budget Inn - they all said they wished they would have stayed at the Hampton. We got a super rate because my brother is a government employee (fireman). Would definitely reccomend this hotel to anyone that wants comfort. The breakfast was really gross that is why I didn't give a 5 rating. The gravy (sausage?) was un-edible as were the eggs. The waffles were extremely thick and didn't spread on the waffle iron right. Other then that it was great.

Room Tip: don't eat the food there but do stay if you want a comfy, great sleep