“Hotel points”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Durant
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We used reward points for a one night stay in Durant, on our way north to Wisconsin. They gave us a suite, without charge, so that we had more room for the 5 of us! Breakfast was great, exactly what we have come to expect from HIE. Very clean, quiet. Only noticed the shower head was coming loose from the tile and we had difficulty regulating the temperature in our room.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Lori H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2014

Thank you for filling out a survey regarding your stay. We take pride in the service and condition of the property. Sounds like we may have a maintenance issue that needs addressing. I would love it if you would please call me and let me know what suite you stayed in ; so we can make sure the problem has been resolved . Thank you again for caring enough to tell us how we are doing.

Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

Everything was clean, staff was very friendly, free shuttle to and from casino. Beds very comfortable . Breakfast good.
I would definitely stay here again. We did not use pool but looked ok. Hotel was totally booked and still was quiet. I figured breakfast would be almost gone and super busy at 8:00 am but was perfect.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

I just wanted to thank you for filling out a survey regarding your stay with us.. I am so glad that you had a great experience at our property . Please be sure to stay again. We appreciate your feedback

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

It is okay. Lots of trash in parking lot. The housekeeping staff are too visible. They hang out in the back and smoke. There is a bunch of construction workers here and not many business people. It is hard to maintain a hotel when it is filled with construction workers. I feel for the housekeeping staff that have to clean up after people there. Many if these workers should be at a super 8 motel. There is a problem with mold in the ac unit. This needs to be dealt with as this can cause health issues.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Dear Benjamin S,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving feedback about our hotel. I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your overall experience with us due to the air conditioning unit and the cleanliness which is not up to par. I appreciate you letting us know about these unsatisfactory circumstances as this is our best means of improving our efforts.

Kind Regards,

Charisse V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I have reviewed HIE Durant several times and I had stopped staying here on a regular basis because of the slamming door problem that totally disrupts sleep. Thought I would give it another try a couple of weeks ago.

The front in receptionists Melissa and Bridgette are absolute gems. Check in is very quick and quite informative. They offer free snacks 24/7 of coffee, fruit, and oatmeal. The rooms are always impeccable. I can't understand anyone that says they got a dirty room. I have stayed here at least 60 times and have NEVER had a dirty room or even a hair in my room.

The breakfast is always very good but as with all facilities, don't go too early ( 5 or 10 minutes after they open or 5 to 10 minutes before they close.) The rest of the time they always have plenty of food or else they have more cooking and on its way with a few minutes.

They still have a problem with slamming doors, the old manager just never could get this problem under control. Maybe the new manager will.

Although no fault of the hotel, the casino no longer provides transportation during the week days back and forth which for me is a big problem as I can not see to drive at night.

Tip: Where it use to take 1 hour and 15 minutes to drive to Durant from Dallas, it now takes in excess of 2 hours to 2 hours and 30 minutes due to very heavy road construction between Allen and Sherman. It is actually quicker and easier to drive to Winstar from Dallas now.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank girlgodiva

Thank you for filling out a survey. We use these to address any issues we may have at the property. I am pleased to tell you; we have resolved the slamming door issues. Would love for you to come stay with us. Again; thank you for taking the time to tell us how we are doing at the Durant Holiday Inn Express.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

No complaints about this hotel. Check in was easy, the room clean, and the hotel quiet. They had coffee and snacks available after the breakfast hours, and a really nice lobby area with a large TV. We though the bed was great and had a really good nights sleep with no problems or stiffness when waking up even after a long road trip. I'd stay here again if passing through Durant.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I only have two small complaints, and neither of them are deal breakers.
#1. The walls are thin. You can hear every footstep in the hall, and if you can hear them... they can hear you.
#2. I know it's early in the season, but the pool was filthy. I wanted to enjoy it, but after seeing it, you couldn't have paid me to get in.

Like I said, not deal breakers. We'll be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2014

The hotel itself was nice. But, between the rock hard bed & the extremely noisy neighbors I got little sleep. I called the front desk 4 times between the hours of midnight & 03:30 am to get the noise level reduced to no avail. And what sleep I got was ok til I work with a terrible crick in my neck from the hard bed. I complained to corporate & only got a(n) apology e-mail.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Charlotte H,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept our sincerest apology for the experience you had with the noise and the bed you had. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Durant
Hampton Inn and Suites - Durant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Durant
Best Western Markita Inn
Quality Inn & Suites Durant
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Denison
Best Express Inn & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant? Share your experiences!