Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Magnolia Inn(Durant)
View Hotel
All reviewsstayed herefront deskhi expresschoctaw casinocoming loosepull out couchmaintenance staffwould definitely stay here againroom was cleanfree shuttlerecommend staying herenice hotelnearby casinofree breakfastshower headrooms are largestaff was very friendly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Nice rooms and hotel for the price. The only complaint I have is that the walls are paper thin.

Nice big lobby if you start going stir crazy in the room.

Granite throughout the restroom was a nice surprise.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Bkc001
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have stayed here on numerous occasions. Normally I am quite happy with my stays. The past 3 stays have been completely awful. There seems to be a fair amount of new people working here now. They haven't been trained properly or something. I had a really bad encounter with the general manager who obviously had no clue what he was doing and in my opinion has absolutely no business working with the public. I turned in a private complaint to management about this ordeal and never heard back. Not a fan anymore.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Kaait
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Kaait,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. It is unfortunate that you were inconvenienced on this visit with the level of service received. Rest assured your comments will be forwarded to the appropriate parties to consider for enhancements needed at our hotel.

Once again, thanks for the feedback and I certainly regret the shortcomings.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed here once last summer and then came back for Memorial Day Weekend. It was certainly crowded, as was everything in the area, but there's a few things we really loved about the property.

Like last time, our room was immaculate. The batteries in the remote needed to be changed but, ya know, no big deal. Otherwise, everything was great. We had a problem with the blow dryer (couldn't figure it out, but then did only after calling and asking), wanted more pillows (called and was told they were in the closet), and wanted more blankets (yep, also in the closet). So whenever we needed something we actually found out it was already there for us! Very thoughtfully appointed!

The breakfast is alright for a free hotel breakfast. I have some weird food allergies and could really only eat the meat items, but my husband enjoyed the others. I'd give the food about 3.5 stars.

Now we did have some interactions with staff this time that were unfavorable. Truthfully, 2 staff members in particular were VERY rude and I was shocked because we've really had such great service there. Well, on the morning we were leaving I happened to ask an innocent enough question to the woman who was setting up food and talking to guests. Come to find out, she (Penny) was a manager! She asked how our stay was and I told her about some of the rude incidents... well, she was quick to apologize and want to make it right.

So we had a few incidents that would have made this a 2-star review and I said I wouldn't come back if I hadn't met Penny. The people make all the difference in hospitality and I will pay for that difference any day.

Room Tip: First floor and rooms near the elevator on 2-4th floors can be noisy sometimes.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2013

near Wal-Mart and Lowe's plus several good restaurants for eating such as the Rib Crib. Room was clean and spacious. Internet was reliable. The only draw back we had exercise room next door to us and we could hear when the treadmill was being used. The front desk staff were friendly. The breakfast area was large and comfortable. The breakfast was hot as it should be.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Nice room,clean,comfy bed,free HBO,free breakfast(eggs,sausage,bacon,biscuits,gravy,yogurt,cereal,toast etc)Close to alot,Walmart,Lowes,and all kinds of fast food places.Had a problem getting internet but was resolved with a call to the front desk.Friendly staff.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business