“Favorite Hotel In Durant”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Durant
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I travel to Durant with my girlfriend several times a year, and out of the three hotels that we have been to (Days Inn and Comfort Inn being the others), Holiday Inn Express is the best in town. We can always rely on clean rooms and excellent service.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank J F

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We always stay in this hotel during our frequent trips to Texas. We stayed Aug 11&12 of this year. We experienced the worst HIE stay ever.
1. Pool not operational, trash and other debris in pool.
2. Sauna was smelly, outside drinking fountain broken and leaking.
3. Common capet areas dirty.
4. Housekeeping staff smoking right outside the door going to the pool area, rude and unporfessional.
5. Breakfast area...flies all around, pancake machine broken, and NO signature rolls out.
6. No towels in fitness area or at pool.
7. No front desk attendant at the counter for 10 minutes when checking in, other patrons waiting as well.
8. Bathroom dirty.

We I sent a note to HIE, it was a very disappointing customer sevice response, basically thanks, but no remedy or corrective actions noted and it took 3 weeks for them to respond.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, IHGCare at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2012

Dear runer4,

Thank you for taking the time to write our hotel a review. I am glad that you liked our location. I am very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I want to assure you our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. Please accept my sincerest apology for falling short of your expectations on this day.

I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed here just for one night. Arrived after 8pm and we left very early the next morning. We rented a suite, one bedroom had a king bed and the other room had 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa. It would be perfect for a large family as there was plenty of room. The bathroom floor grout looked dirty. I couldn't tell if it was actually dirty or just stained from being several years old. There was a large stain on the ceiling above the toilet. Looks like water had molded the ceiling or something along those lines. You could also hear people talking thru the vent in the bathroom but it wasn't noticeable in the room itself. In fact it was very quiet in the room. There were a couple of people outside and 2 in the pool and I didn't hear a thing. Bed seemed fine and the lady at the front desk was nice. We left before breakfast the next morning but had a nice conversation with the guy getting it ready. So other than the bathroom issues everything else seemed good. We just weren't there long enough to form any other opinion but I will return again the next time we're in this area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed here for one night on business, and had set the thermostat to 74 degrees when I left for work. Well when I came back I was greeted by a large fiesty cricket falling off the towel rack and next to my foot in the bathroom. After killing it I found another one hopping around next to the desk which proceeded to scale the wall. I left it there and found 4 cricket carcasses (not including the one I killed) in the room. I contacted reception, who stated yes the crickets had been an issue here but they haven't seen them as high as the 4th floor, where I was staying. I was moved to another room where I found one carcass, but resigned to just dealing with it rather than switching hotels late at night. I left the AC as cold as I could tolerate hoping to keep any live ones dormant. Did not sleep well that night. The hotel was great aside from this one issue, but a cricket infestation is a big deal.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DrCrazyA
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Everything was new and nice, hotel team was nice as well. Pay the extra for the suite, it's worth it for the space + microwave and fridge. Lots of tv channels, definitely more than a normal hotel. Plethora of food within walking distance really, but about 20 restaurants within 1 mile.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We got a great deal on this hotel, we had stayed in the one in Denison Tx and it was uncomfy and there were bugs but Durants was AWSUM! The workers were excellent in making sure every need was met!! VERY clean, fresh, and WILL def stay again. Thank you Holiday Inn Express!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed on my sisters points because we wanted an extra night at the casino!! The casino has awesome rooms but..... To tell the truth I would rather stay here!!! We stayed in a suite that was clean!!! Comfortable, classy and cold!!!! I loved it here!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durant
Hampton Inn and Suites - Durant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Durant
Best Western Markita Inn
Quality Inn & Suites Durant
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Denison
Best Express Inn & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant? Share your experiences!