“Place Has Gone To Pot” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chisholm Suite Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Chisholm Suite Hotel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Duncan
K
“Place Has Gone To Pot”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Like so many non- branded hotels today this one has gone to pot. This hotel was built in the last 20 years. The man that built it lived in Duncan and made sure that it was up industry standards. Now a company out of Houston owns it and it's fallen into chaos. We had seven families checking in for a funeral and two of the rooms that keys where given to (that's right, an actual key) were for the wrong rooms, one had a person already in it when they OPENED the door. When they finally got to their rooms one of the non-smoking room spelled of cigarette smoke and had BLOOD on the sheets.

There was some guy down the hall screaming obscenities on his phone (probably trying to get a refund on the room from an online booking company) and when they called the desk and complained the desk clerk said he was just having some issues. (really, can anyone say NEWPORT) So needless to say all seven families either didn't check in or checked right back out and went up the street to a brand new branded hotel. (Holiday Inn Express)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank GS C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Los Angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

It was so sad to see this formerly lovely hotel fall so far from grace. It was depressing. We stayed on the third floor, in a two bedroom, two bath suite. The third floor and the suite itself were frightful. I've stayed in better maintained hotels in third world countries. Granted, it was dirt cheap $85/night, a certainly a case of you get what you pay for. The furniture was worn out, drapes rotting, toilets rust stained, sofa covered in holes and cigarette burns. The hall had one room left open all the time because the door hardware had been removed. The third floor reeked of curry most of the time and the elevator had a musty odor I've yet to smell elsewhere. Walls had been liberally spackled - no paint. No door on guest laundry. Just a hot mess of a hotel. Positives were the price, desk staff was very friendly when not sitting at a table or outside smoking, and the linens were clean and white. First night there were no pillow cases on my bed. With the new Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express in town, this dump had best clean up its act. Seriously.

• Stayed August 2012
5 Thank Roadie69LA

Travelers are raving about these Duncan hotels

Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

The hotel is OK at best. We use to stay here quite a bit under the old management. We had a double billing and when we tried to get Debbie the manager to help us with it, everything turned south. She has told us one lie after the other. She would not give us the number or name to her supervisor when we saw that she was just wasting our time. She has wasted so much of our time trying to get the problem resolved and she was so rude we had to give up and file credit card fraud charges on the hotel to get are money back. Very sad.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank SBI_12
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

My father had a high school reunion in the area and this was chosen to be the base for the event. I have stayed in this hotel a number of times through the years while in town for various things. It appears the hotel is starting to really show some wear. The lobby is still nice and clean but the rooms and halls need some work. We were on the 3rd floor and they are patching the hall walls. White plaster up and down the hall. No ice or vending on 3, have to go up a floor or down to the lobby. The furniture in the room needs to be steam cleaned (chairs & couch).

Overall nothing has changed in this hotel in years. The rooms have couches and kitchens which can be nice when staying for multiple nights. The water in our kitchen sink didn't really work, no pressure to speak of.

The WiFi doesn't work but if you ask the front desk they will give you one of the WiFi that you need a passcode for and it worked fine.

The breakfast is nicer than most hotel's free breakfast that is a plus. Hot food like eggs, biscuits & gravy, etc. Shower pressure and temperature fine but think the water is softer than I am used to. Had some issue getting the shampoo out of my hair.

There are washer and dryers for guest use $1.50 for both. The have moved to the white comforter and sheets which I like so you know they are clean. While in Duncan you do not have a ton of choices but more than you did a few years ago. It is a good choice but needs some attention. I like the suite concept and want to give my business to locals vs. a corporate hotel when I can. However, if the hotel continues to neglect to maintain itself then I will head to Hampton or the new Holiday Inn next time. Tammy and staff does try to help all the time.

Room Tip: stay on the east side to avoid hot rooms in the summer
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Me9247
Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

I just completed a week long stay at the Chisholm Suites for business. It is the nicest hotel in Duncan, OK. There are better properties and a better selection of dining in Lawton, about 30 minuets away.

The rooms were clean, but the towels and linens will only be changed upon request. There is a pool and a limited fitness center with 2 treadmills and 2 elliptical machines.

All rooms are equipped with a microwave, a small refrigerator, plates, and utensils.

I would not recommend this hotel based on the poor air conditioning and poor internet service. I had to change rooms 3 times before I could find one that had a working AC. Duncan is in the high 90’s and low 100’s during the summer and a working AC is a must. I complained to the front desk and they said they would report it. There is no on site maintenance and repairs can take 1-2 weeks to schedule.

Wi-FI or LAN internet service connections are a “maybe” thing. Internet service depends are what room you in.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the first or second floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank txinky005
Duncan, ok
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

I had business at the hotel, I pulled in and they were doing work on the outside with water. The water was running ober in the parking lot in the front of the hotel. The front of my car fell into a hole that was covered by the flowing water. I got out and had flat, the massive hole popped my tire. I called the Mgr. he said I was a bad driver it was not his fault. I told him I could not have missed the hole because it was full of water. They have since fixed it. I had to pay $100.00 for a new tire because of this massive hole. I will try to up load the pic of the hole. He also said no one else has complained about it.

Room Tip: If the parking lot is a hazard so is the rest of the place.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Michelle B
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

My sister was getting married. A lot of our family & grooms family are from out of town, including the bride & groom. My mother decided to reserve rooms in advance, I recommended the Hampton Inn, because we live in Duncan & know it is newer. However, Chisholm Suites offered us a better deal so she decided to go with them.
We booked a "honeymoon suite" for the wedding night for the happy couple & a 2 bedroom suite for me, my 2 daughters, my sister from Dallas, the bride, & 2 of the bridesmaids from OKC, for the night prior to the wedding. We were told the 2 bedroom suite would comfortably sleep 8 people, with 2 queen sized beds, a fold-out couch & we were promised a roll-away bed.
My sister was the first to arrive & when my daughters & I arrived she was in a tiny corner room, with one minuscule bedroom, a dingey couch, 2 ancient tv's & a vcr (really?) & small kitchenette. This room was hideous, dirty, outdated & ugly. I felt like I was in a motel that charges by the hour. I refused to stay or allow my daughters to stay.
We called my mother who had booked the room & she said that was not what she booked. My sister & daughter immediately went to the front desk to straighten things out. The clerk said we were given the wrong room because our room was given to someone else! There were only 2 other rooms available, a smoking room, which the clerk showed to my sister, which stunk to high heaven, my sister & daughter both have asthma so this was most unacceptable. They were told that was the only 2 bedroom suite at the same price as we paid for still available. They were offered a can of Febreeze if the smell bothered them. The room was dirty & ventilation was non-existant, perhaps if the Windows opened in this hotel it wouldn't have smelled so bad!
My sister was then shown the Governor's Suite, which was $40 higher than the room we originally booked. This room was very nice! It was updated in beautiful colors & the furniture & decor were modern & very nice! It had a full kitchen, living room, 2 flat screen tv's w/ dvd/vcr, a fireplace (didn't work properly), a huge bedroom with a King sized bed that was super comfy, full bath with shower & jacuzzi. Since this was our only viable option, we took it & paid the extra cost.
A new desk clerk came on shift, & it was like night & day. She was wonderful to each one of us. She was apologetic & willing to bend over backwards to make us happy. I am very thankful to her for turning our bad experience around!
The roll-away bed we reserved was locked in a room & noone had a key. She couldn't reach the manager by phone. We were given extra pillows & blankets & told some of us would have to sleep on the floor!
At this point, we were livid, we couldn't ask our guests to sleep on the floor! I was embarassed! Finally she gave us another room for free & didn't charge us extra for the governor's suite.
Although our experience with the first clerk was not pleasant, the 2nd clerk did everything in her power to turn it around & in the end, although there were 4 girls in one bed & 3 in the other, we all had a place to sleep at the end of the night.
I would recommend this to anyone considering staying there: pay extra & book the governor's suite, its worth it, as all of the lower priced rooms are out of date & in disrepair & dirty. And if they make a mistake, stand your ground & make them fix it!
This hotel is in serious need of repair & updating. It will wind up out of business with the Hampton Inn down the highway or the brand new Holiday Inn Express being built just a mile away! Your regular rooms are highly overpriced for the state they are in & the Governor's Suite is the only room I saw worth anyone's money.

• Stayed March 2012