“Holiday Inn improves Duncan, Oklahoma!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Duncan
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Duncan
GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, Texas
“Holiday Inn improves Duncan, Oklahoma!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Hey its Duncan, Oklahoma - it's landscape has modernized a bit since the Holiday Inn opened. Duncan is a small, big town and there are liminted things to do. But now you can hang out at the Holiday Inn! Feeling a bit antsy and want to relax? Create a spa day by doing laps in the humid salt water pool, rinse off in their pool shower, then jump in the really HOT tub (its great)... or experience the sauna.

The modern lobby has a fireplace that roars in the cooler months and you can do your own laundry with modern washers and dryers - steam cycle anyone? The free breakfast is slightly better across the street at the new Hampton Inn but the Holiday Inn feels more like a destination.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Craig C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Duncan, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for your warm comments. Our goal is to provide outstanding service to each guest, each stay. We are excited that you truly enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed May 26, 2014

In the area for a family reunion, but didn't know our exact plans. No reservation, so pulled into this location expecting disappointment (no rooms). Instead found a very accommodating staff that found us a very clean, comfortable room. This hotel only about a year old, but very evident the hotel staff does an excellent job of cleaning and maintaining the property. Before checkout the next morning had a great breakfast and again the breakfast attendant was very helpful, exhibiting a high level of customer service. The entire staff and facilities at this location exceeded expectations. Thanks for the comfortable stay!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Craig C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Duncan, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thanks for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Duncan for your lodging accommodations. Our goal is to provide outstanding memorable service in relaxed, clean; well maintained atmosphere. on behalf of the hotel, thank you for your warm comments and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Relocation is never easy; especially half way round the world. Being already very well travelled; it never occurred to me that relocating was a totally different ball game. However, my husband's company HR has kindly chosen to house us at the Holiday Inn Express, Duncan, for our transition. And I have never felt more at home in the 2 weeks that we stayed.
We were greeted by Craig, the General Manager, with warmth and a smile that genuinely comes from his heart. Believe me, I've stayed at some of the world's most expensive and exclusive 5 star hotels, but I have never felt so " at home " and comfortable here.
The staff, Stacey and Chelsey, were most helpful with pointers from where to shop for practical fair priced furniture, and even which TV networks to go with for more savings! :)
I firmly recommend this hotel for that Genuine home away from home experience. I would most gladly come back to stay for a weekend, even now that we are just 10 minutes drive away. What more can I say. The Holiday Inn Express in Duncan is definitely the homely caring hotel I have ever stayed in.
Excellent!!! And keep up the GREAT work!!

Stayed May 2014
Craig C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Duncan, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you for your warm comments. Its certainly a pleasure and a honor to have you as our guest. We want our guest to feel at home and relaxed every day. Our focus is to provide outstanding memorable service, and with you and your husband, we've completed that task. Thanks again and look forward to seeing you soon!
Pampa, Texas
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I've stayed at several Holiday Inn Express & Suites in several different cities and states and must say that this is probably one of if not the best that I've had the pleasure of staying at. It was very clean, the room was very large and the beds were very comfortable. The front desk clerks were very friendly and helpful. I wanted to extend my stay an extra night but the internet was down. However Chelsey gladly helped me try and get the internet to work and when we had no luck there, she didn't just leave me on my own, she continued to try and figure out a way to help me until I was able to get the reservation made. She really went the extra mile to be accommodating and helpful. Rhonda H.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Craig C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Duncan, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful response. Chelsey is the new addition to our family and she is fantastic. We are committed to providing outstanding service to our guest in an exciting yet relaxed atmosphere. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Duncan.
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I stayed 70 nights here and i can boldly say that the Hotel is the best in Duncan. A morning breakfast between 6.30 and 9.30am begins the day. Wide rooms, a clean gym, an indoor pool are some of the facilities they have. You can use the washing machine for your laundry. The receptionists are so friendly especially Najee.

The beds are so comfortable that you may oversleep. But there is an alarm for you to help. The availability of the DirectTV made me follow many stations and thus never missed any soccer.

Room service is wonderful and response is great. I will surely try Holiday Inn again

Room Tip: I prefer rooms in the 3rd floor with a view on Highway 81.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Craig C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Duncan, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Duncan for your extended stay accommodations. We were sad to see you go but we are certainly ecstatic that you enjoyed your stay. Our goal is to treat each guest with passionate service in an warm relaxed atmosphere. Thank again!
richardson
Reviewed April 22, 2014

First off, the rooms were delightful, and the beds were super comfy. We had three rooms as we had 7 kids and four adults. We enjoyed the pool area Friday night and Saturday morning. However, at noon on Saturday a huge, kid's birthday party took over the hotel lobby and the pool area until 9:00 in the evening. At one time, we counted 48 people in the pool area. We took our two elderly relatives to a restaurant in order to hear ourselves think. We came down every few hours to see if the pool was available for the other hotel guests, and finally at 9:30 pm, we were able to allow the kids to swim. My daughter has held birthday parties at hotels, and they were given a meeting/conference room, for a fee, and the pool was accessible to them for 2 hours, and that was agreed upon prior to their stay. Most of the birthday party crowd was not staying at the hotel, So perhaps, that may be a policy to enforce in the future. So, unfortunately, I cannot give a perfect rating. Also, the breakfast ladies were so adept and kind, as were the front desk ladies.

Room Tip: Only gave pool a medium score because of Saturday's inaccessibility.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. Your comments will be shared with the staff so we can do our very to provide outstanding service. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Duncan.
Duncan, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Recently I had a reservation at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Duncan. I called on a Saturday prior to my check in that following Sunday to notify them I would be arriving that Monday instead of that Sunday. Upon my arrival on Monday I was told that my reservation was cancelled to a no call/ no show. Najee was able to find me a room without issues, and even escourted me to ensure I was satisfied with the accomendations. She accomplished in a matter of minutes what took Days Inn to resolve over the course of a few days. The other desk attendant Evelyn made sure housekeeping dressed the beds in a timely manner due to someone just checking out. I was more than thrilled with my service and would make Holiday Inn my home away from home.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your warm comments. Our goal is to provide outstanding service to every guest, every stay. I have an eager staff that is empowered to take care of our guest to provide a successful outcome of satisfaction. Once again, thank you and see you soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Duncan
Hampton Inn Duncan
Hilton Garden Inn Lawton
Apache Casino Hotel
Apache Casino Hotel
#6 of 19 in Lawton

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Duncan? Share your experiences!