All reviews front desk washers and dryers free weights great hotel cinnamon rolls yogurt parking lot detergent treadmill microwave ac
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I checked in for 4 days recently to spend some time with Family from the area. I had my grandson and my daughter with me as well as my mom. The hotel was nicely decorated and clean. The room was fantastic, with room for my grandson to play. The breakfast had something for a growing 1 year old, who is quite picky, and lots of coffee and tea. We were able to get milk for the baby and extra cereal for snacks. We enjoyed the pool which was nice and warm and my daughter enjoyed the jacuzzi. My grandson loved playing in the water and I was surprised to find he is quite the water baby. Each morning we would go downstairs for breakfast and find great attentive staff, along with some really nice guests. It felt like home, just bigger. On one morning I had an accident in the room with a baby food jar and the cleaning staff was quick to come and assist in making sure the glass was all vacuumed up so that my little one didn't get cut. Overall we had a great stay and I will stay again on each of my visits to the area!

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Sharla B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Duncan, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

We are so happy to hear that your stay and accommodations were "fantastic" as that is the greatest comment bestowed on our team! We love hearing how we made your experience a good one. Your family was a treat for us as well.. It is always a blessing to receive guests during "family" time and include us! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of this special time. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Wonderful Amy found my phone for me and wouldn't give up until she did. Yeah Amy. Even though she had worked all night she stayed after her shift just to help me. Now that is customer service I look for in a hotel.

Date of stay: February 2013
Sharla B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Duncan, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Craigtubb -

We are so glad you found your phone! Thank you for letting us know the value Amy played in your overall experience with us. We hope to see you during your next visit to Duncan! STAY PROUD!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by the hotel. It is beautiful and clean. We had some issues with booking our room. The 800# gave us a different price then what the room should have been. We learned that you should call the hotel directly to book a reservation.

The hotel staff was very nice though and did discount our room for us and upgraded it. We came in very late and were in town because my husbands mother was very ill. The staff was quick. When we got to our room we found a note and treats.
When we asked if the could clean our room later they asked us what time. The were really great about catering to our needs. When my 2 year old got sick the house keeping was great and the left the cutest towel animals.

The management even worked with me when our stay was extended. At first we thought we would have to change hotels but management found us a room in the hotel. They even offered to move our stuff, so we could go to the hospital.
I just can not get over how nice everyone was.

The only problem we had was with the heater the room was either to hot or the AC
was on. They were good about trying to fix it and did offer to let us move rooms.

Date of stay: January 2013
Sharla B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Duncan, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Dear CGM-71213 -

Thank you so much for the letting us know how well your service was when you visited our hotel. We are a new team and it sounds from your review that many departments pulled together to make your overall experience an enjoyable one. I am so sorry for the circumstances of your visit and that you had a young one that was ill. I am glad to know we were able to be of help to you during this time. We hope to see you and your family again the next time you visit Duncan. Thank you for your business!

Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is great! Our room was clean, crisp and awesome. This practically brand new hotel was very nice. I can't think of anything negative except that the pancake machine wasn't working at breakfast or at least I couldn't figure it out. The staff was very nice and accommodating. A short while after getting to our room we even received a call from the front desk to make sure we were comfortable and didn't need anything. Next time we spend the night in Duncan this is where we'll stay.

Date of stay: January 2013
Sharla B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Duncan, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you Stephen G for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Duncan. I apologize for the trouble you experienced with the pancake machine. We have not had problems with this equipment so my best guess is it was out of pancake mix! The new pancake machines in our hotels have been a hit with our guest. Since we are a new facility we are still monitoring how much supplies to order. Stephen G, the pancakes are hot and ready for you during your next visit to Duncan. Thank you again!

Reviewed January 11, 2013

We'd booked at the Holiday Inn Express in Duncan to visit family over the holidays. The weather reported a major storm was moving to the area which would prevent us from getting home in time to get back to work in Kansas. We were unable to drive down to meet family. My sister's husband had a critical deadline because of dialysis--and the storm would have prevented his timely return for treatment in Texas. The hotel refused to refund the cost of both rooms.

We will not stay here in the future. Understanding of your client is an important feature for any hotel. They kept the cost of the rooms. Even offering a credit for the future would have shown some good faith since they may have booked the unused rooms to someone else while they kept the money.

They kept the money. They lost this customer.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Gina T

Gina B - Thank you for letting us know how we can be of better service. It sounds like you booked either our BOOK EARLY AND SAVE RATE or through a third party booking site. When booking a reservation through either one of those channels requires a confirmation from the guest an understanding of the terms and conditions: Reservation requires full prepayment for the entire stay at the time of booking, and is non-refundable. Payment is charged to your credit card between the time of booking and day of arrival.

We believe in maintaining the integrity of the terms and conditions of discounted rates. We make a commitment to charge you the discounted price as agreed upon at time of reservation and to provide you with exceptional service while you are here. We avoid making judgment on why a reservations are cancelled by simply maintaining the booking rules. We want to provide all of our guest the same quality service with intergrity every time. Whether you book with us during you next visit to Duncan or with another brand I encouage you to reserve your room directly with the hotel so you can ensure you are reserving a reservation that allows cancellations and/or changes. I hope this information helps. If I can be of further service to you and your family during your next trip to Duncan, please let me know by contacting the hotel directly and asking the General Manager. Thank you again!