“Great interactive museum!”

Chisholm Trail Heritage Center
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Duncan
More attraction details
Owner description: Museum traces the history of the famous Chisholm cattle trail of the 1870s and 80s.
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This museum entertained my whole family aging from 2 to 50 years of age for 2+ hours. It is a hands on museum about cowboy life. They have a great show that takes you on a cattle drive, you see, feel hear and smell life on the trail. It was a great place.

1  Thank CGM-71213

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had the opportunity to visit the center on 6/8 and were very surprised at the professional job they did with the movies and animation. The movies are very realistic and although I do not want to give away the surprise of feeling so "in the movie", you will love it.
The art work is also exceptional and for those so inclined, many are for sale.
This is one of the best visits on our one week trip through the OK hills.

Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

The life of a cowboy was not a glamorous one. Sleeping on the ground, eating the same bad food for days on end, hard work all day long. This is what the cowpoke faced to earn only decent pay, driving cattle north into Kansas along the Chisholm Trail. This route ran through the town of Duncan. I drove to the museum enjoying the countryside from my air conditioned car, blithely crossing creeks and rugged terrain without any effort. After I left, I took another look and appreciated how difficult it must have been for young men to drive herds of wild cattle hundreds of miles on horseback. They came to earn a buck, but they left us stories of a legendary lifestyle now lost in North America. This museum is well worth seeing.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We never expected this tour to be as good as it was. The movie of the trail was so awesome, I have never seen one like this. When they cooked on the film you smelled it, you also smelled the dust storm, felt the cold wind and rain. Felt the rattle of the snake and the stampede. We had a great time, the wonderful lady that did our tour knew her history about Oklahoma and Jesse Chisholm. Highly recommend this to everyone, the kids will love it.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I just loved my visit to the Chisholm Trail Heritage Center. I liked the theater with the robotic cowboys and the movie was excellent, as was the art gallery. The next time I am in the area I would like to visit it again.