“Very Unwelcoming”
Review of Tidewater Winery

Tidewater Winery
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Drumright
More attraction details
Owner description: Tidewater Winery purchased the Tidal School Winery in April, 2014. New and old have come together to present new wines in the old historic Tidal School. Still available for event venues, meetings, weddings, tastings and tours.
Tulsa
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Very Unwelcoming”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We had never been here and made a special detour to come, arrived at 5:23 on a Saturday, and posted hours were that the winery was open til 6:00. There were 2 cars in the parking lot, so we went up and the doors were locked. We knocked. No Answer. We started back toward our car and a woman came out and asked what we needed. We wanted to try some of your wines, we said. Were you wanting to buy some? she responded. I said, we want to taste some and see, like people do at wineries. She said, Well we haven't been busy so we closed early. I said, We came out here because your posted hours are until 6:00. Well, I guess you can come in then, she said.

So.....not very encouraging, but I loved the look of the place, and I am always open to trying new wines and yes . . . I usually buy at least one bottle.

Inside there are 2 people at the bar. The woman behind it looks at us and says sharply, Can I help you? No smile, no welcome. I said, We're here for a wine tasting.

Then the woman who brought us in told them, They are going to spend some money.

Then the man looked purposefully at his watch and said, Well, we close in a little bit.

Wow. I finally had enough of the rudeness, and I said, Okay, never mind. And my boyfriend and I walked out.

That was my experience of this winery. I am sorry if these workers/owners, whoever they were, were having a bad day, but this is not the way you run a business. I have never felt so unwelcome at a business that is designed to BRING PEOPLE IN. I can see if it was 5 minutes til closing that they might not be as happy to see us. But there was a full 30 minutes before their closing time.

I don't care how good the wines here might be--and I will never know--but I DO NOT recommend it.

Visited August 2013
5 Thank Shaun P

Oklahoma
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“Great out-of-the-way surprise winery”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We happened to find this place through a Groupon and were more-than-pleasantly surprised. The lady who gave us the wine tour was very knowledgeable. I am normally a red-wine fan; however, I tried 6 different lighter wines that I was highly impressed with. The setting in the old schoolhouse was a great "add" to the experience. I could feel the history and enjoyed eating cheese, grapes and crackers with a frozen wine drink- a must! We were told they are having a parrot head night later this year. We cannot wait to make the drive back to Drumright for this fun evening!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank 6edith7
Tulsa, Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wine trip”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Nice old school house in excellent condition. Lunch can be provided. Tour and tasting was very good. Small area of wines out back with a deck. Most of the grape products are imported from other states.

Visited May 2013
Mifflintown, PA
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Great old schoolhouse”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The building of the winery is an old 1920’s schoolhouse which has been converted to an operating winery. Overall the wines were decent, but more on the sweeter side than I prefer. The drier reds were thin and not tannic enough for my tastes. The ladies working behind the counter were friendly and helped make our visit enjoyable.

Visited June 2013
Stillwater, Oklahoma, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great for a girls' day”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have been here three times and I love it! There is always a Groupon for the venue (which includes a tour, a cheese and cracker plate, a mixer, and a souvenir glass) and their wines is really delicious (especially the raspberry one for sweet, and the Merlot for dryer pallets). There is indoor seating and a great patio/porch area that is perfect for kicking back and talking with your friends. I have also heard that they have live music out there from time to time (especially in the Fall). I love this little gem in the woods!

Visited April 2013