“Great Stop-over; Great value”
Review of Motel 6 Del City

Motel 6 Del City
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Del City
Reviewed January 2, 2009

We were heading from Dallas to St. Louis (traveling with young children and pets) and our main purpose was to find a nice place to sleep that would take pets (at an affordable rate)

The beds in most of the LaQuintas are rather new and comfortable this one included!

Bedding was comfortable. Wish the beds were a bit bigger though.

Wife loved the table/desk area where she could get online from the Free internet wireless

Shower area was clean. Hot showers.

We didn't have any noise problems and there was a cheerleading event and possible rodeo going on in town. Lots of visitors.

The continental breakfast was OK -- nothing special but for the rate they charge. I didn't mind at all.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank NewEnglandCamper

Reviewed September 16, 2008

I have stayed in LaQuinta Hotels many times and have never had any real complaints, but the La Quinta hotel in Del City is the exception. I recently stayed there with my brother. When we first checked in, we were given the key to a room that was already occupied. The second room we were given seemed okay at first glance, although we noticed that there were only three towels and no wash cloths.
When we left to go eat, my brother went in to request wash cloths. There was no one at the desk, and while he waited for someone (who never showed up), he started talking with another man who said he had tried to check in three times in an hour and a half , but hadn't been able to because no one was at the desk. Giving up, we decided to go eat. As we drove away, I saw the other man go to the breakfast counter, take the whipped cream that was there, and squirt it into his mouth. I couldn't believe it!
We went to Wal-Mart, bought some wash cloths, got some food and returned to the room. Later, after getting in to bed, I discovered that the white blanket was covered in some type of animal hair (it looked like dog hair), with the occasional pubic hair thrown in. I ended up pushing the blanket as far as I could to the end of the bed, and then turned the light out so I couldn't see anything else. All night there was road noise and loud music.
This is by far the worst experience I have ever had at a La Quinta. My brother has stayed at this particular La Quinta for over 20 years, and said that this is the worst it has ever been.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank schoenro
Reviewed September 7, 2008

I am very dissatisfied with my recent stay at the La Quinta Inn in Oklahoma City. When arriving, I was quite pleased by the appearance of the office, with the cleanliness and updated furnishings. The staff (Paula) was very friendly, and welcomed me politely. I requested a non-smoking room, for only myself.

I am in the Army, and I had been up since 2:30 a.m. When I went to my room, all I wanted to do was rest and relax. I was quite pleased by my room (initially), and thought I had found the place where I would stay everytime I'm in the area (2X a month). This pleasure did not last long. As I was resting, I kept hearing horribly loud birds outside my room window. It was unbelieveable how loud the birds were. I figured after the sun went down, the birds would stop. I was wrong. They kept on and kept on. Finally at almost 9:00 p.m., I contacted the front desk. I asked about the birds. Paula told me that it was a noise maker put in the trees to keep the birds away. She had no way of turning it off. She said they have had to move people from this room before. After I packed up all of my belongings, I went downstairs and got a key to another non-smoking room. When I went to room 126, the first thing I noticed was the huge amount of flies. I started getting ready for bed, and noticed that in the trash can in the sitting area, there was a dirty baby diaper, food wrappers and cigarette butts ( in my non-smoking room). Obviously, the trash was not dumped by housekeeping. When I went into the bathroom, the toilet smelled horribly. Someone had had a bowel movement in the toilet, and it had not been flushed. No wonder there were flies all over the room!!! I called the office again, this time I was very upset. The manager wanted to move me again. I told her that I was too tired to pack up everything and move. I needed her to bring me something to clean the toilet with, and air freshner. I never received anything.

When I went to check out this morning, I made my complaints known. Sammy, the young man working the desk was apologetic. He said he would give me the night free, but the computer wouldn't let him do that. He charged me $25.00 plus tax. In the room, it states that if the customer is not100% satisfied, the room is free. I was far from being satisfied, to the point that I will never stay there again. I do NOT feel as though I should have had to paid ANYTHING for this stay. If I could do it all over again, I would pay the $35.00 more and stay at the Hampton Inn. At least there I know I will get quality service, a clean room, and a true guarantee for satisfaction.

Bonnie Pendleton

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank armygalOklahoma
Reviewed August 10, 2008

Convenient that it was right off the freeway, but it wasn't in the nicest possible area. Connected to a Waffle House, which was yummy, but the continental breakfast was a major let down. We went there half an hour before it was due to be over and there were a few apples left and some rice crispies- thats it. There were containers for a lot of stuff, but it had been picked clean and not refilled- they obviously didn't have nearly enough food for the guests there.

Other than that, it was a clean room, not in a new hotel, but not bad. Not sure if I'd stay here again: being promised breakfast and not having it was unfortunate.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2007

Nothing special about this hotel. It's what I expected. The room has 1 king or 2 double beds, 1 Chair, a desk. There is free wireless Internet and breakfast. There is a Waffle house on the grounds. It's next to a 24hour Wal-Mart, so there is plenty of lighting on the grounds. The biggest problem with the place is the THIN walls. Whenever anyone showers or uses water, you hear it! Room toiletries include 2 bars of soap and 1 shampoo. The room did smell a little of cat spray. If you're driving through like us, it's alright.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2007

If you have pets, avoid this place or consider it a one time use. After staying here once with our dogs we ended up being on the "ban list" for no reason at all, especially considering we kept the room clean and vaccumed the entire time. This is definately a use it and then lose it location.

• Stayed: July 2005, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SharpshooterK9
Reviewed March 19, 2006

I'm in OKC quite a bit and stay overnight often. I typically stay at the Sheraton (formerly Westin), the Waterford and the Renaissance in OKC because of location. Due to the NCAA wrestling championships being in OKC the the weekend of my most recent stay, most OKC hotels were booked and I had to find a new place to stay. The La Quinta in Del City was where I landed. The location was better than I expected - only a short 5 minute drive to downtown and about the same to the capitol. I had a different experience than the other reviewers in that I found the hotel to neither be excellent or terrible. The truth lies between, and to be honest, this hotel was exactly what I expected from a La Quinta. I found the rooms clean, but perhaps getting close to a 'turn'. The beds were average - perhaps a little thin, but still suitable. As noted in other reviews, the highway noise really isn't a factor despite the close proximity to the highway. The folks at the front desk were very friendly. The hotel is close to many chain restaurants, but I'd sugest driving a few miles South on Sooner road to the Royal Bavaria to experience their homemade German cusine and handcrafted beers. That was one big benefit of this location. Would I stay again? If my usual hotels in OKC are booked, sure.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business