“Nice room but could use a few improvements to make it a better stay”
Review of La Ville Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Davis
La Ville Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Davis B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We spent our wedding anniversary at this hotel (a Friday & Saturday night)

Pro's - it's only a few hours from Dallas, the room was very cozy & nicely decorated, it's close to two parks with hiking trails.

Con's - you self-check-in (which wouldn't be a big issue) except we never (over the whole weekend) saw 1 employee (there was actually only 1 other couple there all weekend too).
We were under the assumption this was more of a B&B than it is. I actually wouldn't call it a B&B at all. I think it would be a GREAT place to stay if they turned it into a B&B & provided breakfast in the morning and had employees around for some questions (thank goodness for Deb's burgerland breakfast down the way or we would have gone hungry!)
Some reasons it would have been nice to have an employee around - asking where to eat (esp. when places were closed), asking about other things in the area. There was an ice bucket in the room but we never found an ice machine. After coming home I re-looked at their website & it appears you could enter the kitchen & get ice in there (but being in the Inn alone it wasn't clear that you should go into the kitchen)

Over all it was a nice quiet weekend, we just expected a little more. I think this Inn has a lot of potential that it’s not meeting.

Oh yeah, we stayed int he Safari room, it was very nice.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BrussoDallas

Reviewed February 16, 2012

My husband and I decided to stay here as part of a Valentines Day getaway. We made the decision by the pictures and wonderful comments. We are so glad we did! It was more beautiful than the pictures show. There was a Valentines card on the bed with a rose and candies to welcome us. We stayed in the Villa. The room was very large, clean and the tub was great! We had free coffee and muffins in the morning. We talked to the friendly owner who was proud of his inn. It was perfect!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Booked a room here as a last minute getaway for NYE for my husband and I. We loved it! I can't wait to schedule our next trip.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2011

My boyfriend and I went on a weekend getaway for my birthday. Last minute, we decided to stay for a concert and needed a room. I called the owner and he was very accommodating. He let us pick which room we wanted and showed us around. There is a full kitchen available for guest use which was very convenient. The room was clean and cozy and the bathroom was great (jacuzzi tub was a definite plus!). Overall the owner was extremely friendly, open for suggestions, and went out of his way to accommodate us. We will definitely go back!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank abhefner
Reviewed July 21, 2010

Wonderful and relaxing. It was so nice and cozy when we arrived in the room. We stayed in the Greek Isles. The room was just right. It had just enough decorations to not make you feel overwhelmed by a themed room. The owners were so nice and very proud of their inn. It was nice to talk to them and get a sneak at all the other rooms. There is a cafe right outside the room we stayed in, so we were able to grab a cookie and some hot tea without a travel across the building. They offer free cookies, muffins, tea and coffee to all their guest, plus 10% off the ordered menu items. Which was amazing! The ONLY thing that I was a little bummed out about, was the room we stayed in was RIGHT next to the cafe and stairs. We could hear EVERYONE talking and people walking up the staircases. I think next time we will stay upstairs away from the cafe. Other than that, it was nice and silent to just relax.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JBrianne
Reviewed June 19, 2010

A friend and I took a weekend trip to Turner Falls from Texas. He booked this place and wow, was I impressed. When we checked in, we were given a tour of a few rooms and got our pick. We chose the safari room and it was beautiful. The bed was like sleeping in heaven. The bathroom has his and hers sinks, a huge whirpool tub and an awesome walk in shower. After a day at the falls and clay filled swimsuit and clothes, they were kind enough to let us use the washer and dryer. I cannot say enough good things about this place. Already planning our next stay sometime in July.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2010

We stayed here May 21 & 22 in the Greek Room and found it to be VERY comfortable! The king-size bed is very plush and comfortable as are the two armchairs in the room. The jacuzzi tub was fantastic as was the walk-in shower. The advantage to this room is it has it's own door that exits out onto the street. The complimentary treats are nice and you have a microwave and refrigerator in the room as well. No coffee maker in-room as I am sure they want you to purchase their coffee but that was okay as we are diehard Starbucks drinkers and need our morning "fix". There was no ironing board in the room but one might be available on request. My only issue was with the towels, everything else was so nice and luxurious, I would have expected a little more fluff. The mexican food restaurant across the street had great food but we did not eat anywhere else during our stay. It is a SMALL town and we didn't see much in the way of shopping or sights. It's close to Turner Falls and Chickasaw National Park, there is a casino at the turnoff from I35 heading into Davis. There is one relatively small grocery store nearby and a Wal-Mart not too far out of town on the way to Sulphur but no chain stores other than a Dollar General, no Walgreens or CVS. I would highly recommend this establishment to anyone looking for a weekend getaway!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pamcfall58

Been to La Ville Inn? Share your experiences!