Open today: 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM

dallastop5150
Lewisville, Texas
Family Outing

Amber C

All reviews water shoes day trip diving board beautiful waterfall hiking trails swimming hole zip line actual falls honey creek swimmers oklahoma jacket dfw float concessions interstate campground
Reviewed 1 week ago

I guess I was expecting something nicer but the way to get to the falls was impossible to do and the trails were not well taken care of there were some beautiful spots but not a place I would go again

Reviewed 1 week ago

Its a fun place to go, picnic areas are well cared for, Be careful when swimming. Sometimes they dont have lifeguards.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Having visited Turner Falls since I was a young child (and now in my mid-forties), I can honestly say that my family and I have never had a bad experience here. With that said, I believe it really does depend on the time of year and even the day(s) that one visits that will determine whether or not a good experience will be had. I hate crowds and I know that coming on weekend days and nearly any time during the summer will be miserable for me so I avoid visiting during those times. We just got back from a day trip today and the experience was absolutely amazing. The park was beautiful with the fall colors and it was incredibly clean. We trekked nearly the entire park and only once did we see trash and that was from an overturned trash can at the Blue Hole - possibly knocked over by the wind (or a mischievous person, who knows). The man working the ticket boot at entry was very kind and helpful to us and not once did we encounter a rude employee or police officer. No swimming was allowed today but we 59 degree water, we didn't want to! That was a sacrifice we were willing to make. Again, I believe it depends on the time of year one visits and sometimes even the day that will determine a good or bad experience. For those who wrote negative reviews, consider visiting again (if you are able to) during non-peak times - you might possibly be pleasantly surprised!

Reviewed 1 week ago

Love this area for family and friends camping fun. We love to pitch a few tents, campfire food and fun. Best spot for a good time. We usually camp out in September /October/November for the chance to cuddle in the tents and hike around the falls.

1  Thank Reneeshia M
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great place to take the family but not as fun as it used to be. Over crowded and expensive now. Kids still love to go but it just doesn't seem as safe to let your kids wonder off a couple of feet from you now.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a wonderful hiking trip planned that never got to happen due to the strict no dogs allowed policy. Our small Chihuahua was just going to sleep in his crate in the back of our car while we explored for a couple hours on the gorgeous 60 degree day but we couldn't even get in the park once they say our dog in the car. My kids were so disappointed!

1  Thank boydcl
Kasi M, Front Office Manager at Turner Falls Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I am sorry for the inconvenience the policy was put in place through our City Council a few years ago due to some unfortunate issues.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Being 'of age' (55+), we went at a great time, mid Oct, 2018. Just a few people, so we could enjoy admiring the falls, yrs. later, after seeing them when in high school. Falls were flowing good after all the rain.

We are glad you enjoyed your visit!

Reviewed September 30, 2018

Very crowded. Very little natural areas because the falls are all surrounded by concrete. Very "touristy".

1  Thank Necole

We are sorry you had a disappointing trip. During the summer the park tends to get a little crowded the best time to come throughout the summer is during the week.

Reviewed September 27, 2018 via mobile

The view is great and the kids loved it.
It is too crowded at weekends, it is better during the week.
Entrance fee is quite a bit. Bathrooms are nasty.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your trip to our park, I will pass on the information to the park manager and hope to get the issue resolved.

Reviewed September 19, 2018

Picturesque but not great for sunset photos because the sun is not seen near the horizon due to the hills.