“Fun - go during the week”
Review of Turner Falls Park

Turner Falls Park
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Davis
More attraction details
Owner description: Turner Falls Park in Davis, OK is an adventurous and family-friendly annual destination nestled in the Arbuckle Mountains and home to a 77ft waterfall. Our park is open 7 days a week from 7am to 10pm. There are no pets allowed and no glass bottles. A Proud Adventure Road Travel Partner.
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Visited Turner Falls during the week in the summer, and got the feeling it was a great move on our part. There is plenty of space for people to enjoy the water fall, pools, and river beds, but if people occupied the available campsites and parking, it would be a zoo.
The pool at the Fall is small but good for little ones, as it has a small zero entry beach. Bring floating toys for the family - the water is cold and deep. The Blue Hole is great for older kids and teens; two water slides with long drop-offs, and a diving board. The pool is much bigger there.
Watch your kids all the time, as the lifeguards at the Blue Hole area were on their cell phones while on duty, and jumping off the diving board on break. The lifeguard stand umbrella prevented them from seeing a daredevil doing backflips off the top of the swirly slide! Amazing to watch, but I'm glad that wasn't my kid!!

1  Thank Donna E

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I'm not sure why the reviews were so bad.. But I have to say.. It was more than I expected! The parking was.. crowded but it's what I expected for going in the middle of July. I spent about 4-5 hours there! You just lose track of time! The waterfall was BEAUTIFUL and the pool was just as amazing and fun. I really did have a blast and I would definitely go again!

1  Thank jaykneefurr
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We spent 4 1/2-5 hours at the park and we loved every minute of it. We're planning on making another trip sometime and visiting there, maybe even getting a cabin the next time.

1  Thank Alicia H
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The waterfalls and creek are beautiful and it is fun for kids to play and swim in, but I won't ever go back. I think of this place as a family friendly place, but that was not the case. We went down to swim in the blue hole by the waterfall and a man says to us "I wouldn't go near the waterfall and motioned toward a nook area up beside the fall and I see naked people! I don't really know what was going on over there as we just grabbed our kids and got out of there. There was no park ranger in the area and whatever was going on was highly inappropriate. Also, in various other places along the creek it smelled like feces. I'm not sure if people or kids were actually going to the bathroom in the creek or what. All in all it was just gross. It is sad that one of Oklahoma's few natural attractions has come to this.

4  Thank tnostrud
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I was so excited to be there and so was my husband and children.We really enjoyed swimming in both blue holes and on other areas along the falls.
We brought our own food but left it in our car since we were first timers, and didn't know we could bring our cooler down with us and camp anywhere. We were bused to a lower area were we were shuddled to the waterfalls.This is because we had to park at the top of the mountain since the park was full.
I didn't notice any trash on the day we were there which was July 5th. like I have read about .We were also able to drive through the areas where people have suggested you drive in an suv over.I'm guessing that it depends on the amount of rain during the time you go as I can easily see that being a concern.

My only complaints would be that we had to change in our car before we headed out because the lines to shower or change clothes were a little long.Not too bad but too long to wait for me.
1.It's a non-smoking park which I love that but some people were still smoking.
2.There was blaring music out of one vehicle the whole day we were there.

1  Thank Tere G