“Beautiful!”
Review of Turner Falls Park

Turner Falls Park
Ranked #5 of 7 things to do in Davis
More attraction details
Owner description: Turner Falls Park in Davis, OK is an adventurous and family-friendly annual destination nestled in the Arbuckle Mountains and home to a 77ft waterfall. Our park is open 7 days a week from 7am to 10pm. There are no pets allowed and no glass bottles. A Proud Adventure Road Travel Partner.
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I remember going here as a child and couldn't wait to show my husband and daughter. It was a beautiful as I remember and we got some great pictures.

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"campground"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is a special place to me. it's been a few years since I was there, but I've been visiting for as long as I can remember. Of course, the best time to go is in the hot summer. There's never been a better swimming hole, but I've been there all times of the year and found it beautiful. When I took my husband, I was afraid it would be less than I remembered, but unlike most of the things I remember from when I was a kid, this one was better!

3  Thank Jane S
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We're from Dallas, TX and decided to take a mini-road trip north to OK and see some sights. First time visitors to Turner Falls. There is enough info online about the stats on this place, so I'll just give some tips that I would have found helpful as first time visitors.

Location - easy to find off I-35
Parking - parking at each major section, not too much walking unless you decide to hike into the mountains. Falls and swimming holes have lots nearby. Both have handicapped parking.

Bring: water shoes and floatie tubes or noodles. They sell these at the shops but at a huge upcharge.

Water: COLD - but in the heat of summer, you get used to it. Very clear/clean, rocks are very slippery, which is why you need swim socks/shoes. There are plenty of entry points along the river for kids to play in. You can swim in a designated/roped off area by the large falls, or anywhere along the stream through the park. Main swimming area at entrance has a few slides and I think I saw a diving board. My kids liked playing along the small rapids in the stream coming out of the falls. It isn't deep there and it made for fun splashing.

Eating: bring a picnic or grab food onsite. one cafe at main gate entrance, then another snack shack at the Falls entrance.

Castle: neat to see, lots of spiders in there, pretty good stair climb. Would not recommend for older folks, but the kids loved trekking through it all. The castle sits right before you get to the main Falls on the right as you walk down the sidewalk.

The perception I had of this park was much more rustic and undeveloped. I envisioned needing bug spray and hiking shoes, and you would if you truly wanted to hike deep in the park and camp, etc. But for casual visitors looking to see the Falls, the castle and play in the water, flip flops and swim clothes/shorts are fine. Walkways are paved, easy to navigate and very safe.

Now that we've done it once, don't know if we'd return...I thought the entrance fee was a little high, but the kids did have fun in the streams and small rapids. So, if you've never gone, go and enjoy. I think it's worth at least one visit. If you're a camper, I can see where you'd return over and over, they have several spots that looked nice.

21  Thank confetti70
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I grew up spending our summers here! I come from a family of 10, yes I said 10! NEVER did we not have a great time. Hiking, exploring, swimming, campfires, midnight walks in the upper fall area. As we kids became an adults, we passed on the cherish memories to our children. Great laughs, ghost stories, caves, and pure fun! I LOVE THIS PLACE!

2  Thank Heather R
See more reviews
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Drove 2 hours with my kids to check this out.. Couldn't wait to see the falls. The drive once you get off 35 was very pretty. Turned into the park & saw the 1st small falls- got so excited. Pull up to the ranger- an older gentlemen. I roll down my window all excited, "can we come in & play?" Straight- faced ranger man, "No." I'm still smiling like an excited school girl waiting for him to laugh & tell me he's kidding. That moment didn't come so I say "are you kidding??" He, in his still not so friendly self asks- "do you not SEE all this water?!?!" Me, "umm yes, that's kind of why we drove 2 hours- to see lots of water because that typically makes a great waterfall.." He explains that the area is flooded and the park is closed. Despite thus unfriendly gent- I would drive back to try again. The falls were gorgeous & from the reviews I read- there's some great hiking for me to do here.

4  Thank flchic70