Motel 6 Clinton
$34
Priceline
$52
$100
All reviewsan overnight staycomfortable roomfurniturepetdog
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We were moving cross country with our 2 children and two large dogs. We picked this hotel because they could accommodate our dogs and had a large parking lot for trailer in tow. When we arrived, the front desk people, who I think are the owners, were not very friendly. Perhaps it was that they didn't speak English well and it just comes across that way. Our room was a bit outdated, but that doesn't really matter as long as things were clean and working. That's where it changed. Tile in drop ceiling above shower was hanging so that we could see the dirty plumbing above. Had my husband try and put it back, so I didn't feel like someone was watching. Not very clean place. There was no soap, they had given us a small packet of shampoo. I usually pack shampoo, but not soap as they always have a small bar to at least wash hands. The towel bar was broken and sitting in near TV. Handle to turn on shower was missing, you could squeeze fingers together and get it to work. No alarm clock, we had our phones thankfully. Remote control was duct taped together. Lamp near bed had no light bulb, so I took one from another working lamp and the lamp near bed just didn't work. Thin towels and not enough for 4 people, pillows had no fluff/flat. Door didn't latch and lock so well, but with 2 big dogs no one was going to bother us.There was a McDonald's and other restaurants within walking distance and a Kmart close by. Adequate parking for our needs. Easy on and off highway. I guess it worked for one night, although with the pups we still ended up paying $80 a night for this. I will add that I am not usually caring about the hotels, as long as they are clean and working. I don't need a fancy place, but this one was a bit appalling. Pass it by.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This place was terrible. I went to shower and the handle fell off the faucet to control temp. I left without shower. Beds poor, towels looked like they were used and thrown out from another hotel. Sheets and pillow cases where thread bare. What a mistake. Will never stay at a Budget Inn again.

Room Tip: Best tip I can give is keep driving right by this place.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I took a chance with hot wire secret hotel and was defiantly dealt a joker. I was mad before i arrived here the fact that Hotwire charged be $60 for 1 night when if i had booked directly with the hotel it would have cost $40. anyway the hotel is very old, there seemed to be allot down and outs living at this hotel and the door was damaged from a previous break in. i know the taps did not work and the room was very dirty. The only positive things i could find with this hotel was the rooms was big and the bed was comfortable. fortunately i was not over charged but they did ask for my card which i refused as i already paid Hotwire but the couple in front of us when we was checking in was complaining about this. i don,t think they have had a working pool since the dawn of time.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Easy too get to. Places to eat close by, right off X 65 on I-40. Good, clean, and priced low enough for the average person that wants a nice room and good sleep. Nothing fancy, micro-wave, frig and good TV. A good motel doesn't mean it needs all the pictures on the wall, big fancy bedspreads and 4 pillows. Just comfortable beds for a good night sleep that's what is important.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is the first time we stayed at the Budget chain. It is an easy on off from I-40 and has restaurants nearby. There is also a K-Mart next to it if you have forgotten anything. It takes coupons from the discount motel coupon books. The breakfast is sufficient and the breakfast room is clean and well stocked. The rooms are clean but in need of a little renovation. The staff is friendly and professional.

Room Tip: Use the Hotel Discount Coupon book.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple