“Keep driving. Do Not Stop”
Review of Motel 6 Clinton

Motel 6 Clinton
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Clinton
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This place was terrible. I went to shower and the handle fell off the faucet to control temp. I left without shower. Beds poor, towels looked like they were used and thrown out from another hotel. Sheets and pillow cases where thread bare. What a mistake. Will never stay at a Budget Inn again.

Room Tip: Best tip I can give is keep driving right by this place.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I took a chance with hot wire secret hotel and was defiantly dealt a joker. I was mad before i arrived here the fact that Hotwire charged be $60 for 1 night when if i had booked directly with the hotel it would have cost $40. anyway the hotel is very old, there seemed to be allot down and outs living at this hotel and the door was damaged from a previous break in. i know the taps did not work and the room was very dirty. The only positive things i could find with this hotel was the rooms was big and the bed was comfortable. fortunately i was not over charged but they did ask for my card which i refused as i already paid Hotwire but the couple in front of us when we was checking in was complaining about this. i don,t think they have had a working pool since the dawn of time.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Easy too get to. Places to eat close by, right off X 65 on I-40. Good, clean, and priced low enough for the average person that wants a nice room and good sleep. Nothing fancy, micro-wave, frig and good TV. A good motel doesn't mean it needs all the pictures on the wall, big fancy bedspreads and 4 pillows. Just comfortable beds for a good night sleep that's what is important.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is the first time we stayed at the Budget chain. It is an easy on off from I-40 and has restaurants nearby. There is also a K-Mart next to it if you have forgotten anything. It takes coupons from the discount motel coupon books. The breakfast is sufficient and the breakfast room is clean and well stocked. The rooms are clean but in need of a little renovation. The staff is friendly and professional.

Room Tip: Use the Hotel Discount Coupon book.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2013

First, I'm not sure if half the previous reviewers are accustomed to budget hotel stays... Anyways, I needed to stick to a budget while traveling from Florida to Minnesota to Texas to Arkansas and then finally to New Mexico. Needless to say, I've stayed in quite a few $30-50 rooms. I was hoping to find a cheaper motel on this stretch, but it turns out that this is one of the cheapest I could manage (so those that say it should've been $30, well it would've in a different location). The woman manager was a little standoffish when I checked in. Just told me my room number and sent me on my way. It was such a fast exchange that I didn't mind or dwell on it. The room was much larger than any other budget room I've stayed in! It was clean and I trusted my toddlers on the carpet. The appliances and fixtures are a little old and falling apart, but it didn't come across as 'gross.' If you are passing through and want a 1-2 night stay, this place is great. I felt my family was safe the whole time.

Room Tip: If you don't need an accessible room like I did, then stay on the second floor during the snowy...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We don't have many expectations living on a shoestring and we often go by coupon hotels when we travel. We do pray before we get there! We understand that motels under $50 and even some more than that can be less than standard. We were surprised to find a very clean room and adequate accomodations here. The beds were advertised as new and it was a good sleep. The heater was not the loud noisy blowing fan as most places have and we could run it all night without being overwhelmed. The corners weren't clean, but everything else was ok. Breakfast was minimal but the danish were good. Staff were friendly. Lots of workers stay here.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This was the worst motel my family and i stayed in on our road trip and not the cheapest either. Room wasn't that clean and nothing really worked nin there apart from Air con and 2 lights, reception staff were a little off and motel was noisy.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family