“Very Nice!”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Clinton
Port Orange, Florida
“Very Nice!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Check in was a snap & we were given simple directions to the casino. After a brief visit at the casino we ate dinner at the steakhouse in Hampton's parking lot. Very good food & very convenient. Our room was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. Coffee in the lobby 24 hours. Breakfast was great & we were allowed to take 'to-go' bags for our road trip. Denise was a pleasure to deal with in the morning at check out. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
HIXClintonOK, Guest Service Administrator at Hampton Inn Clinton, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Dawn S.,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Hampton Inn. We sure do appreciate your positive comments. Good to hear you were able to enjoy the casino and a good meal at Montana Mike's. Also that you enjoyed the breakfast. It's always good to hear you were satisfied with your stay at the Hampton Inn. We look forward to serve you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Lancaster, United States
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Arrived well after dark. Found hotel easily, lobby and check-in accommodating, room clean and quiet a comfortable place to stop overnight Breakfast area clean and neat. Could recommend to others. ----------------------------------------------------------------------

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HIXClintonOK, Guest Service Administrator for Hampton Inn & Suites Clinton Oklahoma at Hampton Inn Clinton, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Gordon T.,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Hampton Inn & Suites. We sure do appreciate you choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn and your positive comments. We look forward to serve you again.
Melbourne - Australia
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

The Hampton Inn is a quality chain, and the hotel at Clinton is no exception. However on our arrival we were met at check in by a totally rude heaps of attitude young woman. Never before have I had such a situation, I pondered should I contact the manager or chain or wait and talk to the person on duty the following morning. That is what I did, and this lady was warm and friendly and shocked when I told her the story, to her credit she waived all costs and said she would speak to the staff member. That aside the rooms are big, clean and comfortable and have an adequate breakfast. It is good to see that they stick to their satisfaction guarantee policy, we will continue to use them.

• Stayed October 2013
HIXClintonOK, Guest Service Administrator at Hampton Inn Clinton, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Wardies4,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention and for taking the time write. We appologise for any inconvience. You coments & concerns are appreciated. We are so glad to hear that you were taken care of and that the situation was made right. We look forward to serving you again.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I brought our boys to the Water Zoo for the first time this weekend. We stayed in the Hampton instead of the Holiday Inn because the HI's website kept telling me that 4 people (2 adults and 2 children) exceeded the capacity of a two bed room and I got tired of messing with it.

Check in went well. The ladies were helpful. We didn't have any problems but a guy down the hallway was on his 3rd trip down because his room key wouldn't work. Some other reviews complained that the front desk ladies were sitting in the lobby area which didn't bother me because I didn't need anything but I could see how they would appear unapproachable to someone who needed help.

My big complaint is the beds- super uncomfortable!! It took forever to get the room cool enough to be comfortable but there was no way we were going to sleep well on the firm, bumpy beds. Needless to say, we were exhausted driving home after playing in the water park for 2 days with little sleep. The TV is also terrible but perhaps we're just spoiled to the bed and HD TV we have at home. We're not frequent hotel visitors so maybe this is typical. We had plenty of towels and toilet paper, etc. The bathroom door lock didn't work which wouldn't have been a big deal for just my family if my 2 year old hadn't just learned to open doors.

The lady setting out the complimentary breakfast looked and acted as if she had literally rolled out of bed and came to work. It wasn't a professional look.

Overall we had such a great time at the Water Zoo that our hotel stay was worth it. After reading so many negative reviews of the HIE and the Hampton and then also reading that the Water Zoo owns both hotels, I would be concerned that they're not concerned with service as they're making plenty of money with the water park and like I said, we had such a great time at the park, it minimized my hotel complaints. As a business owner myself, I know that's not the way a business should operate.

Next time maybe we will check out a separate hotel and pay a little more to visit the park.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank mjkgk
HIXClintonOK, Guest Service Representative at Hampton Inn Clinton, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Mjkgk,
Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is most disappointing to hear of your overall dissatisfaction and we are deeply sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.
Please call the hotel directly if you are not able to make arrangements for our Water Zoo Getaway Package through the Internet. We apologize for the inconvenience..
Once again, thank you for your honest feedback. We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.
Maryville, Tennessee
Reviewed August 30, 2013

After researching hotels in Clinton, I selected this one based on Trip Advisor reviews. This hotel is clean and orderly. My room was neat, clean and nicely appointed. It was also quiet and provided for a relaxing and comfortable overnight stay.
Although overpriced, I would consider staying at this hotel again and I would most likely recommend it to friends!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Janet A
Dear Janet A,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of The Hampton Inn & Suites. We appreciate all of your positive comments. Good to hear you had a relaxing and comfortable stay with us. We look forward to serving you again.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Front desk personnel recommended Montana Mike's across parking lot. It is apparently the latest
Incarnation of Sirloin Stockade corporation. I got a good steak prepare the way I wanted it. The sides were good also. My room was away from I-40, and quiet. The WiFi worked but if I paused too long it signed me out and I had to reconnect. It always worked. Jacuzzi had lots of foam and was not very hot, just ok.
Breakfast was good, I had a meeting in Weatherford, OK. And made it in time ( about 15 minutes away). I would stay here again.

Room Tip: North side rooms are away from I-40, my was quiet enough to sleep well. My room close to desk, had...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear BlueBarron3,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of The Hampton Inn & Suites. Your positive feedback is appreciated. Good to hear you had a quiet stay with us and enjoyed a good steak prepared the way you like it at Montana Mike's. We are sorry to hear that the Internet connection did not meet up to your expectation and that the hot tub wasn't so hot. We look forward to serving you again.
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed at this hotel during a trip from New Mexico to Illinois. From the very beginning, we knew this place was not a good place to stay. When we approached the desk, the customer service representative was sitting out in the lounge area. She acted as though we were inconveniencing her while she was with what appeared to be her boyfriend. We stood at the desk for a couple of minutes before she would get up and walk to the customer service desk.

The only room that was available was a handicap room for $150.00. We ask for a price break since we were not handicapped and it was nearly 9:00 pm in the evening. She was snobby and said $150.00 was it. We took the room. She did not explain where the room was, so we had to ask her. We went to the room and saw a dead water bug in the hall way in front of the door. The key card would not open the room, so we went back to the front desk where she was sitting out in the lounge area again with her boyfriend. We had to ask her to get up and take care of our key card that did not work. It worked the second time. We opened the door and another dead water bug on the floor.

The bathroom only had a small roll of toilet paper and no spare roll. We went back to the front desk for TP, and took our bucket to obtain ice. She said, we might have a spare roll in the back. She also said the ice machine was in a locked room and she would get us our ice. What kind of hotel keeps the ice machine locked up? I have never seen a locked room for the ice machine in any hotel.

The next morning we found a dead spider in the bath towel. Then we found a dead spider on the bathroom floor.

Dead bugs and pathetic customer service for this hotel! Someone should be fired!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Danh007,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of The Hampton Inn & Suites. It is most disappointing to hear of your overall dissatisfaction and we are deeply sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.
Thank you for bringing to our attention the customer service representative's lack of service and the specific issues you encountered. Also the information about the bugs and lack of housekeeping noted. We have forwarded these issues on to the appropriate Departments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clinton
Days Inn Clinton
Days Inn Clinton
#6 of 9 in Clinton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Weatherford

Been to Hampton Inn Clinton? Share your experiences!